887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

31 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

I have one question to be asked. I applied for 887 earlier this month. Currently I am in overseas, can I stay 4-5 months in overseas? Do you think it will effect my application or not. Please reply me if you can. All the best for all the sufferer I hope next year we will see some movement.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Well, since you already applied I'm gonna assume you've completed the 2 year living requirement.

So, I don't think it will affect the outcome. But it does say on immi website that you need to be in Australia to be granted your 887.  

• Like 1

Well, since you already applied I'm gonna assume you've completed the 2 year living requirement.
So, I don't think it will affect the outcome. But it does say on immi website that you need to be in Australia to be granted your 887.  
Thanks Delfin, I have completed 2 years requirement. I will be on shore before my file got picked up. My query was is it safe to stay overseas for 4-5 months without any hassle or not.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hey Sunny, could you send me a screenshot of what you were talking about? via PM maybe?

I applied through an agent so I don't know any of this. What other document options are there besides bank statement in the drop down box?

Hard to take a screenshot. Confirm with your agent.'Maybe your agent think it is too sensitive to ask. Just remember dont be like me print every page. Just the first page of the period of bank statement.

5 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Hard to take a screenshot. Confirm with your agent.'Maybe your agent think it is too sensitive to ask. Just remember dont be like me print every page. Just the first page of the period of bank statement.

Thanks for the advice Sunny. Will definitely talk to my agent about this soon.

14 hours ago, Delfin said:

Quick question...

Is there anyone here whose payslips DO NOT show the company logo and just the name? 

And does anyone know if this makes the payslips "invalid"?

Did your agent ask?

1 hour ago, Delfin said:

No, but a friend of mine who got her 887 3-4 years ago said payslips that do not have a logo or color in them must be certified. I don't know where she got this info from that's why I asked about this.

Of my years of work, payslip in soft copy do not have logo.

The traditional way of printing payslip by dot printer has a logo because of the paper. Those carbon printing fade within a year.

I read somewhere in the home affairs page, unless a hard copy of whichever document submitted it must be a certified copy, but a softcopy do not. Maybe you can counter check this criteria again.

I applied on 24/01/2018 and my file was 1st opened on 30/08/2018 and asked for further documents. My 489 visa is valid till November 2019. (Technically I am not in bridging visa ATM).

my father in law is in critical condition back in my home country, can I just go back home and come?

do I have to inform the home affairs?

i applied via agent and he told me that I don’t have to inform anyone as My bridging visa is still not in effect.

please advise me.

4 hours ago, Johnnyboy said:

I applied on 24/01/2018 and my file was 1st opened on 30/08/2018 and asked for further documents. My 489 visa is valid till November 2019. (Technically I am not in bridging visa ATM).

my father in law is in critical condition back in my home country, can I just go back home and come?

do I have to inform the home affairs?

i applied via agent and he told me that I don’t have to inform anyone as My bridging visa is still not in effect.

please advise me.

It's always safe to inform them. You can notify them by call. Please call them and inform that you going overseas.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

Dear Members,

I have a quick question hopefully I can get a constructive answer to it. Im suppose to apply for 887 end of FEB so is it ok to get AFP now or should I get by end of feb closer to the date I will submit 887.

Looking forward to your advise.

Try to apply mid feb and attach with the document. Once you apply 887, there will be a 8-9 month period for attaching the document.

29 minutes ago, Honey said:

Try to apply mid feb and attach with the document. Once you apply 887, there will be a 8-9 month period for attaching the document.

So once I submit my application I can still attach documents? if that's the case then that's good.
however I got my AFP today although I applied during Xmas holidays thinking they would take 15-20 business days but apparently it was processed immediately.
So do you suggest I should get a new one by end of feb or this one should be fine as well?

1 hour ago, Tawkii said:

Dear Members,

I have a quick question hopefully I can get a constructive answer to it. Im suppose to apply for 887 end of FEB so is it ok to get AFP now or should I get by end of feb closer to the date I will submit 887.

Looking forward to your advise.

Hi Tawkii,

It would be great if u do AFP very near to application date or after application date as immigration team is taking on an average 10 to 11 month to pickup file.

• Thanks 1