887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

12 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

designated areas are for those who are 489 but relative sponsored like myself (not state sponsored). I am currently in metropolitan area when I applied and got my 887 visa I believe@Honey has the same condition as myself.

If you are state sponsored, you can only stay in regional areas and low populated areas as stated in the link below
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489/regional-postcodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True @marlowe022 we can work entire state of VIC.

• Like 2

He is just trying to say that when u apply for 489 u will get a bridging visa before ur 489 approved by immi. It can be two months or one months to take decesion whatever. This one or two month is not countable (even though u stay in the regional area)for ur 2 yr residency condition as far i know.

Was there a bridging visa when you apply for 489 visa before approval? Im not aware of this.

What are the conditions for you to get this? Was this mentioned in on site? I didnt get any when I was applying my 489 visa. Can someone send me a link on this. Thanks [emoji846]
  • Like 1

Was there a bridging visa when you apply for 489 visa before approval? Im not aware of this.

What are the conditions for you to get this? Was this mentioned in on site? I didnt get any when I was applying my 489 visa. Can someone send me a link on this. Thanks [emoji846]

Yes of course. I was in 485 before. Then applied for 489 and got bridiging visa. And they approved my 489 after 2 and half month.

26 minutes ago, Nada said:

I was overseas for 13 days during my two years. I didn't compensate (I had called immi thrice, and all the time they told me that i need not compensate) n applied exactly a day after completion of 2 years. Now does this then mean that my application may ne rejected!!!

Not at all, please do not worry! 🙂 If you maintained your regular residence in Australia, permanent address and all, you were allowed some overseas holidays, it will not affect your application. 🙂 

It is true that here on the forum most of us will advise to compensate all days absent to be on the safe side for people who are only planning to apply, but don't panic in your case because of 13 days, as long as you had your permanent address in Australia at the time of travel.

• Thanks 1

Yes of course. I was in 485 before. Then applied for 489 and got bridiging visa. And they approved my 489 after 2 and half month.

Oh I see, so this is a transition from discontinued temp visa to 489. What I was explaining was the bridging visa that they will give after you apply for 887. I was offshore when I apply for 489.

But you know what? I doesnt matter if you came from other temp visa or bridging visa before 489. As long as you STAYED FOR 2 LEGAL YEARS in Australia, you’re good to go for appication. So you just count from your date of arrival, 2 years from there and thats it.

This is to avoid confusion for other current/future applicants [emoji6]
  • Like 1

Oh I see, so this is a transition from discontinued temp visa to 489. What I was explaining was the bridging visa that they will give after you apply for 887. I was offshore when I apply for 489.

But you know what? I doesnt matter if you came from other temp visa or bridging visa before 489. As long as you STAYED FOR 2 LEGAL YEARS in Australia, you’re good to go for appication. So you just count from your date of arrival, 2 years from there and thats it.

This is to avoid confusion for other current/future applicants [emoji6]

I finished my graduation here in australia. Then applied for 485. Then 489. And my lawyer told me that 2 yr condition gonna count once they approve my 489 not in bridging visa or any other visa.

I finished my graduation here in australia. Then applied for 485. Then 489. And my lawyer told me that 2 yr condition gonna count once they approve my 489 not in bridging visa or any other visa.

I see, I’ll rephrase it then.

As long as you stayed 2 years legally with elligible visa then youre good to go.

Thanks for the clarification [emoji846]
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

I see, I’ll rephrase it then.

As long as you stayed 2 years legally with elligible visa then youre good to go.

Thanks for the clarification emoji846.png

Isn't it confusing? 🤔 Looking at immi site now. It literally says:

To apply for 887 you must currently hold an eligible visa. You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

An eligible visa means either:

• a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
  • a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

So does it mean the lawyer was wrong in saying 1-2 months on bridging visa before getting 489 does not count?! Confused! 😄

• Like 2

Isn't it confusing? [emoji848] Looking at immi site now. It literally says: To apply for 887 you must currently hold an eligible visa. You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

• a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa
So does it mean the lawyer was wrong in saying 1-2 months on bridging visa before getting 489 does not count?! Confused! [emoji1]

Now@russki I cant confirm since I didn’t went through that process. Some agent really contradict each other [emoji23]

Maybe@mehedi ‘s agent is wrong about that claim.

• Like 1

The other visa I was referring was those temporary visas other than 489 (e.g. 495, 496, 487 etc.)

Does your agent mean you’re legal stay doesnt count anymore if your visa was discontinued?

2 hours ago, Nada said:

I was overseas for 13 days during my two years. I didn't compensate (I had called immi thrice, and all the time they told me that i need not compensate) n applied exactly a day after completion of 2 years. Now does this then mean that my application may ne rejected!!!

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Not at all, please do not worry! 🙂 If you maintained your regular residence in Australia, permanent address and all, you were allowed some overseas holidays, it will not affect your application. 🙂 

It is true that here on the forum most of us will advise to compensate all days absent to be on the safe side for people who are only planning to apply, but don't panic in your case because of 13 days, as long as you had your permanent address in Australia at the time of travel.

totally agree, 13 days during 2 year residency is OK as long as you have permanent address in Australia. I was talking about the bridging visa toward to visa 489. don't count it into 2 year residency requirement as sometime it take more than 2 months to get that even you live in designate area during that time. don't risk. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

True..I am not expecting any grant in this year now. May be they will start after first week of Jan or so.

It is sad. We started with 3 months of wait time and now it is 12 months. 😞 I was hoping at least 1 file in the month of Dec as it is not necessary that they gonna close the department for whole month. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Isn't it confusing? 🤔 Looking at immi site now. It literally says:

To apply for 887 you must currently hold an eligible visa. You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

So does it mean the lawyer was wrong in saying 1-2 months on bridging visa before getting 489 does not count?! Confused! 😄

What i don’t get is why some people feel the need to “play” really close to the edge. 😂

• Haha 1

What i don’t get is why some people feel the need to “play” really close to the edge. [emoji23]

I played close to the edge and I was one of the few who got a grant before CO go lay-low. I submitted my application exactly 2 years after my date of arrival and I’m glad I did, otherwise im still waiting for grant
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, marlowe022 said:

I played close to the edge and I was one of the few who got a grant before CO go lay-low. I submitted my application exactly 2 years after my date of arrival and I’m glad I did, otherwise im still waiting for grant

our bad luck. I also submitted my application exactly  2 years after my date of arrival 🙂

• Like 1

totally agree, 13 days during 2 year residency is OK as long as you have permanent address in Australia. I was talking about the bridging visa toward to visa 489. don't count it into 2 year residency requirement as sometime it take more than 2 months to get that even you live in designate area during that time. don't risk. 
As long as you have 730 days on shore, it depends upon your luck, they may skip many things and pick even a single point.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, marlowe022 said:

Now@russki I cant confirm since I didn’t went through that process. Some agent really contradict each other emoji23.png

Maybe@mehedi ‘s agent is wrong about that claim.

Don't worry @marlowe022, I was just "talking outloud"! 🙂 Not really challenging anything, just feel totally confused. At this point, I can confirm only one thing: cannot trust agents, immigration officers, immigration website, immigration lawyers - as they all contradict each over and even contradict themselves! 😄 😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't worry [mention=3253]marlowe022[/mention], I was just "talking outloud"! [emoji846] Not really challenging anything, just feel totally confused. At this point, I can confirm only one thing: cannot trust agents, immigration officers, immigration website, immigration lawyers - as they all contradict each over and even contradict themselves! [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] 

I reckon its still better to apply on our own in my opinion. We got better advisers here on the forum than the agents [emoji23] plus its free!
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Delfin said:

The immi department has been abolished permanently.... 😂

At least to 887 applicants, it looks like it has ... LOL

I hear other visas are also very very slow (like partners visas), almost at a stood-still. 🙂 It is not just us... If it makes us feel better? 😉 

• Like 1