887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

31 minutes ago, 21feb18 said:

Dear all,

guys can any one please suggest what should be the time frame to lodge a complain...should we wait for 16-17 months? Or can we do before? If yes than can someone tell me how?

•  

unfortunately if its within time frame(16-17 months) the complain wont be valid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Hi friends, Is there a need to resubmit the OVERSEAS PCC upon expiry if the person didn't go out of Australia after lodging visa application?

Generally speaking + looking at past cases : No, you dont need new overseas PCC of you didn't leave Aus. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 3:39 PM, June said:

I made a statistic graph here according to tracker sheet, I know it's not cover all people who applied 887, but  it still indicates a general trend of numbers of people who applied.

I guess the processing time maybe reduced after feb applications. 

20190425153438.png

Hi June,

I did the same exercise 2 months ago and posted it here, not in a nice graph illustration as you have, but I could see the trend of 887 applicants drop after the peak from Oct 17 to Feb 18. I know it is based on our tracker but it may also reflect the general trend of less 489 visa holders which then results in less 887 applicants. Time will tell so I certainly hope that processing times will drop

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SSH said:

unfortunately if its within time frame(16-17 months) the complain wont be valid.

31 people contacted in Apr and 28 of those applied in Feb...They are just changing the timeframe so almost nobody who applied before feb can complain, but are working with people waiting less than 15 months..  Is really unfair...

Hi June,

I did the same exercise 2 months ago and posted it here, not in a nice graph illustration as you have, but I could see the trend of 887 applicants drop after the peak from Oct 17 to Feb 18. I know it is based on our tracker but it may also reflect the general trend of less 489 visa holders which then results in less 887 applicants. Time will tell so I certainly hope that processing times will drop

Can anyone explain why Oct 2017 - Feb 2018 are the peak?

How long does it take to get the Medicare benefit after applying for 887 visa?

I think you can apply for Medicare immediately after you apply for 887, you should receive your acknowledgement letter and bringing A and take them to Medicare, they will give you a temporary Medicare card and post your actual Medicare card 1-4 weeks later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SSH said:

Okay.. but can we ask them what’s happening... because they have started opening match files and I have applied in feb... I thought it was first in first out

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, 21feb18 said:

Okay.. but can we ask them what’s happening... because they have started opening match files and I have applied in feb... I thought it was first in first out

Try your luck by calling the immigration number but I dont think we would hear anything positive from them as they would stick to one Phrase " Its under time frame and they cant provide you any update . Pls wait". And its not on basis of first in first out its random but usually they stick to that months file. You should be getting an update soon.

34 minutes ago, SSH said:

Try your luck by calling the immigration number but I dont think we would hear anything positive from them as they would stick to one Phrase " Its under time frame and they cant provide you any update . Pls wait". And its not on basis of first in first out its random but usually they stick to that months file. You should be getting an update soon.

Sadly, it is often a useless exercise to call them. Two standard answers:

1. If you are less than 17 months from application date: "You are still within the timeframe, posted on our website, just wait".

2. If you are over 17 months from applications date: "90% of all applicants are processed within 17 months, but there is that 10% which take longer. You are one of them. Just wait".

😄 😄 😄 You can't win!!!! The timeframe might not as well be there, useless illusion of the light at the end of the tunnel...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi guys, Just a quick question
I am currently on 489 visa. I will be eligible to apply for 887 visa on august 2019. My enquiry is when i apply for 887 visa, do my partner need to be present with me in australia ? Is it necessary for her to
be on 489 subsequent entry visa or if I can get her to Australia on visitor visa and then apply for 887 and include her in that . Is that possible ?  Does she need to have any kind of australian visa for me
to apply for 887 ?  I would like to add her name as well while applying 887 visa . She does not hold any Australian Visa. Can she be offshore in that time ?

33 minutes ago, Akie said:

I am currently on 489 visa. I will be eligible to apply for 887 visa on august 2019. My enquiry is when i apply for 887 visa, do my partner need to be present with me in australia ? Is it necessary for her to
be on 489 subsequent entry visa or if I can get her to Australia on visitor visa and then apply for 887 and include her in that . Is that possible ?  Does she need to have any kind of australian visa for me
to apply for 887 ?  I would like to add her name as well while applying 887 visa . She does not hold any Australian Visa. Can she be offshore in that time ?

if you want to apply (or get the PR) 887 for you and your partner, then she needs to be on 489 subsequent before applying for 887. otherwise, you get PR and get her later, but it takes more time by doing this way. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Akie said:

Hi @Akie! 🙂  yes, she does need to be with you here when you apply for 887. And she needs to have held a prerequisite visa (489) before you can apply together for 887, unfortunately. You cannot just add her to your 887 application. 

Good move would be to get here here on a "subsequent entrant 489" visa first. Will pave your way nicely to 887. 🙂 Will help you to avoid a lot of hassle in the future.

• Like 1

Hi All, 

Please add me to your tracker as I applied on the 28th Feb 2019. I didn't certify my payslips and other docs , do you guys think I should get it certified and uploaded it again since some of the CO requested it?

And also Congratulations to all those had their PR! Is good to hear Immi is working on our applications.

Good luck everyone!

• Thanks 1

Hi Folks,

THE WAIT IS OVERRRRRRRRRRRR FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.

At 2 PM today i got THE Golden Mail.

APPLIED ON 20TH FEB 2018

DIRECT GRANT ON

29TH APRIL 2019

Its me signing out of this killing wait.

Uploaded all the document from day one.

CO NICCI

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ivy 12 said:

Hi Folks,

APPLIED ON 20TH FEB 2018

DIRECT GRANT ON

29TH APRIL 2019

CO NICCI

Congratulations 

10 minutes ago, Ivy 12 said:

Hi Folks,

APPLIED ON 20TH FEB 2018

DIRECT GRANT ON

29TH APRIL 2019

CO NICCI

Fantastic!!! 🙂 🎉🎉 Great news!!!

I can't believe you waited the whole one hour to share this with us!!!! Good luck and enjoy! 😉 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ivy 12 said:

Hi Folks,

APPLIED ON 20TH FEB 2018

DIRECT GRANT ON

29TH APRIL 2019

CO NICCI

Hey mate, Would you mind sharing the list of detailed documents which are required for applying for 887 and which yuo upladed while applying

55 minutes ago, JoeIAm said:

if you want to apply (or get the PR) 887 for you and your partner, then she needs to be on 489 subsequent before applying for 887. otherwise, you get PR and get her later, but it takes more time by doing this way. 

@JoeIAm when I apply for 887 for myself and add her also in 887 while she is in australia,  Will I go on bridging visa automatically ? and will she also go on bridging ?   any idea what are the processing times for 489 subsequent visa? 

57 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi @Akie! 🙂  yes, she does need to be with you here when you apply for 887. And she needs to have held a prerequisite visa (489) before you can apply together for 887, unfortunately. You cannot just add her to your 887 application. 

Good move would be to get here here on a "subsequent entrant 489" visa first. Will pave your way nicely to 887. 🙂 Will help you to avoid a lot of hassle in the future.

when I apply for 887 for myself and add her also in 887 while she is in australia,  Will I go on bridging visa automatically ? and will she also go on bridging ?   any idea what are the processing times for 489 subsequent visa?