887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

25 minutes ago, Akie said:

when I apply for 887 for myself and add her also in 887 while she is in australia,  Will I go on bridging visa automatically ? and will she also go on bridging ?   any idea what are the processing times for 489 subsequent visa? 

The idea is you both have to apply for 887 together. 🙂 You cannot apply for 887 on your own and later add her. This is why you guys need to apply for 489 subsequent entrant for your partner as soon as you can. 🙂 

You will only be on bridging visa after your 489 visa runs out. It will happen automatically. But not before 489 expires. And your partner will be on the same visa as you: first on 489 and later on 887. In between you both may be on bridging visa for a short while, only if your 887 processing is very long. 😉 

Someone said on this forum the subsequent entrant visa takes about 4.5 months, but I am not entirely sure.

1 minute ago, Russki said:

The idea is you both have to apply for 887 together. 🙂 You cannot apply for 887 on your own and later add her. This is why you guys need to apply for 489 subsequent entrant for your partner as soon as you can. 🙂 

@Russki After I apply for 887 and add her in that,  my questin is --  Will I go on bridging visa automatically ? and will she also go on bridging visa automatically ?   any idea what are the processing times for 489 subsequent visa? 

1 minute ago, Akie said:

@Russki After I apply for 887 and add her in that,  my questin is --  Will I go on bridging visa automatically ? and will she also go on bridging visa automatically ?   any idea what are the processing times for 489 subsequent visa? 

I see. 🙂 Please see answer in my previous post! 🙂 🙂 

On 4/25/2019 at 9:36 AM, a4anudeep said:

Don't read too much mate. Don't get stressed about it. I got my visa in sep 2015. Got married in Feb 2016. Wife got subsequent entrant visa and came to Australia in July 2016. We have applied for 887 in Dec 2017(considering my overseas trips I have waited till then). All went well got my direct grant in July 2018. So I'm the only one who should meet the criteria and we both got our 887.

@Akie! See the post above. This is the similar situation as yours. 🙂 We have a few members here in the same situation. Just follow the same pattern.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Just got email "IMMI Grant Notification" from legend Sophorn, confirming my indefinite stay in Australia. 887 granted. 

Applied 30-06-2017; Rejected 30-11-2017 due to non completion 2 years.

Reapplied 06/02/2018, 1st contact 13-11-2018 CO Dat Requirements 1 Year Employment &  Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance National Police Check for Primary Applicant with alias names and Evidence of your English language ability & Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance National Police Check with alias names for secondary applicant.

Updated new Passport for Primary Applicant on 01/03/2019

887 granted on 29/04/2019 - Sophorn

Thanks everyone for all the support and best of luck to all.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, kpandey said:

Hi Guys,

Just got email "IMMI Grant Notification" from legend Sophorn, confirming my indefinite stay in Australia. 887 granted. 

Reapplied 06/02/2018, 1st contact 13-11-2018 CO Dat Requirements 1 Year Employment &  Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance National Police Check for Primary Applicant with alias names and Evidence of your English language ability & Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance National Police Check with alias names for secondary applicant.

Congratulations!!! 🙂 🎉🎉 have a great evening celebrating!

46 minutes ago, kpandey said:

Hi Guys,

Congrats mate.

May I ask you why it was respected before?

Lodged 887visa application on 11/02/2018
Was asked to provide more information on 05 /03/ 2019, 
Uploaded docs on 25/03/2019. 
CO Sophorn,  Still no new progress.
I has been such a looooong wait!!!!!!

I have re submitted docs too mate. We might have to wait for atleast another 2 months..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Maytian said:

Lodged 887visa application on 11/02/2018

Was asked to provide more information on 05 /03/ 2019, 

Uploaded docs on 25/03/2019. 

CO Sophorn,  Still no new progress.

I has been such a looooong wait!!!!!!

for me grant came after 5 months of submitting documents..

Hi Guys...Congratulations on all those who got their grants today...Indeed victory awaits us all at the end. My question is :
Has anyone ever been refused 887 because secondary applicant did not complete 2 years ?
Am asking this because before the home affairs site was upgraded, it stated provision of evidence of residence for 2 years for spouse ( secondary applicant. But in the upgraded site....They are silent on that ?
Those who have been granted your 887 can you kindly let us know if any of your spouse couldnt complete the 2 years residence stay but were yet granted ?

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

On 4/24/2019 at 11:40 PM, a4anudeep said:

Hey mate

Don't worry about the partner or partner eligibility. Because the primary applicant is the one who should fulfil the criteria for applying 887. I was married as the scenario you mentioned, but I got my grant. Primary applicant should meet all the criteria and then both can get the grant happily.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, samrooley25 said:

Hi Guys...Congratulations on all those who got their grants today...Indeed victory awaits us all at the end. My question is :
Has anyone ever been refused 887 because secondary applicant did not complete 2 years ?
Am asking this because before the home affairs site was upgraded, it stated provision of evidence of residence for 2 years for spouse ( secondary applicant. But in the upgraded site....They are silent on that ?
Those who have been granted your 887 can you kindly let us know if any of your spouse couldnt complete the 2 years residence stay but were yet granted ?

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

Not been in this situation myself,  but I found the response from one of our members,  as above!  😎😎😊

7 minutes ago, sumon bhai said:

Hi Good Morning,

Dear Members i got my PR yesterday 29/04/2019.I applied on 25th February 2018.Thanks to all the members of the forum for sharing their experience.Have patience and wait for the golden day that we are looking after.Best of luck. 

Congratulations!!!!  Wonderful news,  thank you for letting us know!!!  🎇😀 Enjoy your freedom!!!  

39 minutes ago, sumon bhai said:

Hi Good Morning,

Dear Members i got my PR yesterday 29/04/2019.I applied on 25th February 2018.Thanks to all the members of the forum for sharing their experience.Have patience and wait for the golden day that we are looking after.Best of luck. 

Co?