Direct grant.

PR grant 11 June 2019

1 child and spouse.

CO Manuel.

Thanks for all the information.

Congratulations

16 minutes ago, jahidul said:

Hi everyone 

Anyone has any idea if we want to go overseas after applying 887 visa  and still waiting for grant and 489 visa expired while in overseas , is there any problem? ?

You have to organise Bridging Visa B to travel back to Australia.

4 minutes ago, Batra801 said:

You have to organise Bridging Visa B to travel back to Australia.

organise bridging visa Bbefore you leave because if your 489 expires while you offshore I don't think it will be easy to get Bridging B from offshore

21 minutes ago, jahidul said:

Hi everyone 

Anyone has any idea if we want to go overseas after applying 887 visa  and still waiting for grant and 489 visa expired while in overseas , is there any problem? ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jahidul said:

Hi everyone 

They will not grant you 887 while off shore 

you should get a bridging  visa B before you travel if  489 expires 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jptsap said:

Every Monday bring hopes, every Friday bring frustrations.. weekdays flys and I feel weekend like months...

don’t want to remember but can’t forget 

applied 8:8:18

when is my turn 

I applied on 11-5 mate 

let’s hope the best 

Guys need some advice. I do have a plan of visiting my home country for 2 weeks after applying for the 887 visa in Sep  2019. My 489 visa expires next year Nov. Will I face a problem in getting back into the country since I will be getting a bridging visa once I apply for 887 Visa?

Ta

5 minutes ago, nudgee said:

You will have no problem because your bridging visa will not active if your 489 still valid.

Thanks for your reply. 🙂 

Does that mean I won't be eligible for Medicare after I apply 887 visa since I won't be getting a bridging visa till my 489 expires?

Thanks for your reply. [emoji846] 
Does that mean I won't be eligible for Medicare after I apply 887 visa since I won't be getting a bridging visa till my 489 expires?

You will get Medicare straight away after you apply for 887, I got mine after I apply, but the bridging visa letter states visa will only active after 489 expires. So you can get Medicare, as well as enjoy your trip oversea without any issue :)

But remember if you come back to Australia you must still live in regional area until your 887 is granted, you still need to follow the 489 visa condition.

Thanks for your reply. [emoji846] 

To be eligible for Medicare, you must have applied for PR, but there is no requirement as whether the bridging visa is active or not, the only condition is you “have applied” for PR. So you will get Medicare immediately after you have applied for 887, does it make sense ? :)

30 minutes ago, nudgee said:

You will get Medicare straight away after you apply for 887, I got mine after I apply, but the bridging visa letter states visa will only active after 489 expires. So you can get Medicare, as well as enjoy your trip oversea without any issue 🙂

But remember if you come back to Australia you must still live in regional area until your 887 is granted, you still need to follow the 489 visa condition.

If on bridging visa ,what is the case ?

On 6/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, vlogo said:

SA applicant.

887 applied 16th Feb 2018.

being contacted once at March 2019.

still waiting

Your first contact was on 9th of March? 

It seems that applicants who had first contact on 9th March have been disappeared on Immi system.

10 hours ago, nudgee said:

You will get Medicare straight away after you apply for 887, I got mine after I apply, but the bridging visa letter states visa will only active after 489 expires. So you can get Medicare, as well as enjoy your trip oversea without any issue 🙂

Yep got it, thanks for the clarification. Really appreciate it. 🙂