887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, enbaskar said:

Hello All,

I am happy to share, I got my 887 grant this afternoon. Just few minutes before.

Date applied : 19-june-2018

Date Grant : 17-june-2019

CO : Grant , Direct Grant

The wait is over now. I pray and wish you all good luck for those waiting just few miles away.

Thanks everyone.

Wow less than 12 months!! 😳

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Inaz said:

Hi Sjay, 

I went overseas with my family after applying for 887 and returned without any issues. When you apply for 887 you will be issued a bridging visa A but it is effect from the date your 489 visa. You need to return before your 489 visa expires or wait till 489 expires and then apply for bridging visa B. You cannot apply for bridging visa B when you out of Australia and you cannot come back into the country with bridging A. 

Hope I answered your question. 

Regards,

Inaz

Yes you did. clear as crystal. thanks so much. 🙂 

16 hours ago, nudgee said:

You will get Medicare straight away after you apply for 887, I got mine after I apply, but the bridging visa letter states visa will only active after 489 expires. So you can get Medicare, as well as enjoy your trip oversea without any issue 🙂

But remember if you come back to Australia you must still live in regional area until your 887 is granted, you still need to follow the 489 visa condition.

we can apply for medicare after we have applied for the 887 visa ???

Hi Guys!

i got the golden email today at 11.00 a.m

applied 24/01/2018

first co 30/08/18

second co 07/03/19

granted 17/06/19

I feel like a free bird now. Enjoying the freedom. All the others who are awaiting for their PR, don’t worry, u will get it, it’s just a matter of time.

wish u all the best Guys!

please update me in the excel, I am not from India. I am a Sri Lankan.

• Like 13

Applied : 12 june, 2018

Granted: 17 june 2019

Hello friends,

im the silent follower here since long time. Today finally the wait is over. Thanks for your information, it was really helpful and goodluck. (y) 

Edited by Nirab
  • Like 14