887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 hours ago, Russki said:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/topics/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period/30726

Yes, still the same rule for citizenship eligibility. 🙂 Thanks God!

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/government-could-abandon-plans-for-stricter-citizenship-tests

It's said that the government already abandon the citizenship changing plan.

Not much difference for me as I can't hold dual citizenship

Ok.. Today’s topic ! (Whilst we all waiting patiently 🤔🤣

What happens if you get serious medical condition, like cancer whilst waiting for your 887 to be granted.

Can they they refuse your PRs, will you be classed as a financial burden on Medicare? 

Ok.. Question for a friend 
What happens if you get serious medical condition, like cancer whilst waiting for your 887 to be granted.
Can they they refuse your PRs, will you be classed as a financial burden on Medicare? 

Omg how sad. I think they can reject your friends PR, sad to see it happens ... any change of life circumstances applicant is obligate to inform the Home Affairs, just my opinion... get some advices from professional...

17 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Omg how sad. I think they can reject your friends PR, sad to see it happens ... any change of life circumstances applicant is obligate to inform the Home Affairs, just my opinion... get some advices from professional...

It’s ok it’s just a question, she’s all good. 🤞

From being fit and healthy when we all applied to 4 years down the track anything can happen to any of us.. It makes you realise how vulnerable we all are on till them PRS are stamped. 

On 6/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, Zack said:

The BV has no condition please clarify

Hi,

It is written in the migration regulation section 010.611

If the first visa ( the valid visa at the time of submitting for BV) is subject to condition, these conditions applies to the BV. 

19 hours ago, Maxzone said:

@Russki, immigration is processing last year June at this moment. They have updated the processing time to 16-18 months. Any idea behind extended processing time, we were hopping for 12 month but didn't happen.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

I cannot really answer this one. 🙂 But I remember the great times when I just applied in September 2017. We had official processing time posed on immi website of 5-7 months, whereas in reality, most files were being picked up exactly 3 months after application date, sometimes even 2 months after application! 🙂  They were great times! And if people were forced to wait up to 4-5 months they were already complaining, hahaha! We were spoiled back in the day. 

Bottom line is - look at the tracker, things are moving, waiting time is slowly shrinking. This is the reality. 🙂 Let's hope COs keep it up. 🍀

• Like 6