887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

21 hours ago, 887-M said:

Hi,

It is written in the migration regulation section 010.611

If the first visa ( the valid visa at the time of submitting for BV) is subject to condition, these conditions applies to the BV. 

We read the section you mentioned there is no relevant information

18 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hello Everyone,

I am so so glad to announce my permanent step   In Australia after long wait of 10 years.

got my residency.

Heaps of thanks to each and every person of this lovely group , I must say, it is not easy to sit at home without hearing anything but it is very comfortable feeling to hear others golden emails , in hope  , we are next. 

So Thanks again all friends over here.

applied 3-4-18

first contact- 17 may 2019

Granted 19-6-2019

Co---Divithotawela

included couple with baby

👍👍

Hi Ekam,

May I ask when did you upload AFP and when was your baby's medical cleared?

Congratulations on your grant once again!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Satish said:

Do we need to get overseas police clearance certificates for 887 visa or just AFP.

I have travelled overseas for 6 weeks.

Pleasr advise. Thanks

You would need your home country police clearance and AFP.....both!!!

19 minutes ago, Roma said:

good morning guys! the way things happen now I believe there are chances processing time to come down say around 10 months by the end of the year!

wow; i love this positive approach😍; it would do wonders for me.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dee said:

You would need your home country police clearance and AFP.....both!!!

Can you confirm why ?

Because as per site police clearance is required only if we have lived in that country for over 12 months. 

But in case of 6-7 weeks overseas trip, is it really required to submit the police clearance from visiting country?

12 hours ago, Santosh said:

Can you please explain what is that co assigned mean? Did he requested further documents.  

In the past, one CO was "assigned" to your file after applications submission and the same CO would look after your file and grant your visa.

These days COs do not get assigned to a file. Any random CO picks up any file for assessment, so you may be contacted by 2-4 different COs during processing. But people still use the term "assigned". 🙂  If someone says: "CO assigned" it just means that "CO contacted me". 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaknap3 said:

Can you confirm why ?

Because as per site police clearance is required only if we have lived in that country for over 12 months. 

But in case of 6-7 weeks overseas trip, is it really required to submit the police clearance from visiting country?

The 12 months rule seems a lot of bulls**t. 😄 😄 I got asked for police clearance after being in a county on holiday for 4 weeks only. Same happened to other members. 

Really to be on the safe side, better to produce a new police certificate. 😉 🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Russki said:

The 12 months rule seems a lot of bulls**t. 😄 😄 I got asked for police clearance after being in a county on holiday for 4 weeks only. Same happened to other members. 

Really to be on the safe side, better to produce a new police certificate. 😉 🤗

I didn't even leave australia in last 3 years and they asked me and hubby home county pcc .. just to make money and to borrow time i guess .. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Simmie said:

I didn't even leave australia in last 3 years and they asked me and hubby home county pcc .. just to make money and to borrow time i guess .. 

Do we have to submit home country's PCC at the time of apply or we can apply 887 and upload PCC later ?

Morning everyone. 

If anyone know the answers please let me know. 

Im in 489 visa, my son 1.5 years still oversea with my parents. My parents want to take care my son for 1 year. I do not know if i apply 887 then my son will have problem when i apply or not????? 

I read some information but some people say yes, some websites say no. So im really confusing now. 😢😢

Thanks in advance

10 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Do we have to submit home country's PCC at the time of apply or we can apply 887 and upload PCC later ?

You can surely upload later; my consultant advised to upload after 3 months of filing 887 application so that it doesn't expire keeping in mind timelines these days. 

5 minutes ago, Chieu said:

Morning everyone. 

If anyone know the answers please let me know. 

Im in 489 visa, my son 1.5 years still oversea with my parents. My parents want to take care my son for 1 year. I do not know if i apply 887 then my son will have problem when i apply or not????? 

I read some information but some people say yes, some websites say no. So im really confusing now. 😢😢

Thanks in advance

I would recommend adding him in your application but for that he will have to be in Australia. While filing application if any of the applicant is off-shore system will not let you file. So i suggest get him to Australia when you file application and it should be fine.

6 minutes ago, Dee said:

I would recommend adding him in your application but for that he will have to be in Australia. While filing application if any of the applicant is off-shore system will not let you file. So i suggest get him to Australia when you file application and it should be fine.

Thanks. I will get him back AU before 6 months inapply 887, but i do not know CO will count time 2 years living in regional areas with him or not.