887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, SHamal said:

Same here applied on 16 April 2018 co request documents for partner English and new born medical on 28 th May document submitted 6th June still waiting 

Your CO contact or request isn't noted on the tracker. Do you have access to edit the tracker and fill that in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnny said:

They asked for Updated AFP which i uploaded a month ago because by old one was expired. so i uploaded the same again and made a complaint. they replied on 26th may and said they have received afp and will process the application further.

Sunny,

Same here they requested for AFP as mine and partner ones old year old. Also requested for partner functional English language ability even though I provided her school and intermediate certificate conducted in English. After this request I also uploaded more than two years Australian work experience in order to have more evidence for this. 

How did you lodge complain?

1 minute ago, Vayani said:

Sunny,

Same here they requested for AFP as mine and partner ones old year old. Also requested for partner functional English language ability even though I provided her school and intermediate certificate conducted in English. After this request I also uploaded more than two years Australian work experience in order to have more evidence for this. 

How did you lodge complain?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

26 minutes ago, SHamal said:

Same here applied on 16 April 2018 co request documents for partner English and new born medical on 28 th May document submitted 6th June still waiting 

Hi Shamal,

i applied on the same date 16 April 2018. Who is your case officer ? And what docs you provided for partner English?

13 minutes ago, Katie said:

16 days left be4 our 489 visa expires n we go onto that other bridging visa. 😭 (no new employer will employ you on this one) 

Can I ask, will our Medicare cards need up dating with the new bridging visa? 

Don't worry. You will get your PR soon, I have been on BVA for over 8 month now.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Katie said:

16 days left be4 our 489 visa expires n we go onto that other bridging visa. 😭 (no new employer will employ you on this one) 

Can I ask, will our Medicare cards need up dating with the new bridging visa? 

We must believe that you'll get your PR before then! Positive thoughts!!!

I have been on BVA for almost 11 months now...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Katie said:

Wow that’s a long time for you, how have you found getting work n getting Medicare? 

Yes, it has been a long time and only because it took immigration 1 year and 4 months to add my husband, who was in Australia on a valid working visa, as a subsequent entrant on my 489. I must also add that the subsequent entrant application costs exactly the same as the 489...

Medicare you can get easily on the bridging, you can get Medicare as soon as you apply for 887, even before bridging visa comes into effect.

Finding a new job on the bridging visa, now that is a different story... I suppose employers are thinking "what if the visa doesn't come through" and then they need to employ someone else.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Katie said:

Wow that’s a long time for you, how have you found getting work n does you Medicare card still work? 

I am stil working at the same company for the past 2.5 years, so I didn't have to apply for another job (guess it will be a barrier if I apply for a new job andthe employer checks VEVO to find the briding). No effect on Medicare when your 489 expires.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

Yes, it has been a long time and only because it took immigration 1 year and 4 months to add my husband, who was in Australia on a valid working visa, as a subsequent entrant on my 489. I must also add that the subsequent entrant application costs exactly the same as the 489...

Medicare you can get easily on the bridging, you can get Medicare as soon as you apply for 887, even before bridging visa comes into effect.

Finding a new job on the bridging visa, now that is a different story... I suppose employers are thinking "what if the visa doesn't come through" and then they need to employ s okmeone else.

Yeah that’s a long time to get your husband on your visa, so much stress hey n unnecessary worry. 

And since that 457 got a lot of bad press over here not many’s will even look at you on a 489 for a job, never mind the other bridging visa as they think it’s the same. 

Come on Immigration sort this out 🙏🏽

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Katie said:

Yeah that’s a long time to get your husband on your visa, so much stress hey n unnecessary worry. 

And since that 457 got a lot of bad press over here not many’s will even look at you on a 489 for a job, never mind the other bridging visa as they think it’s the same. 

Come on Immigration sort this out 🙏🏽

Yes, that is exactly how it is.

I'm sure your grant is in sight, as they were clearing some of the December 2017 and January 2018 applications this week. I'll keep you in my prayers!!🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

Yes, that is exactly how it is.

I'm sure your grant is in sight, as they were clearing some of the December 2017 and January 2018 applications this week. I'll keep you in my prayers!!🙏

🙏🏻 Thank you. Fingers crossed for yours as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to everyone who got their PR.

I'm still waiting for mine.

Applied on 26th Jan 2018

Added my newborn in Feb, received his visa after sending them an email on 20th Feb.

1st contacted on 20th March 2019 by CO Kimberley.

Though I submitted all of the requested documents with in a week, still no action has been taken. Also, they keep on increasing the processing time frame.

Is there anyone who's bridging visa has come to action while waiting for 887 grant?

Does contacting them helps? I was thinking to send them an email as its almost 17 months.

Thanks

• Sad 1