887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Morning everyone. 

If anyone know the answers please let me know. 

Im in 489 visa, my son 1.5 years still oversea with my parents. My parents want to take care my son for 1 year. I do not know if i apply 887 then my son will have problem with couting 2 years living in Regional areas  when i apply or not????? i will get him back AU 6 months before i appy 887. 

I read some information but some people say yes, some websites say no. So im really confusing now. 😢😢

Thanks in advance

24 minutes ago, Chieu said:

Morning everyone. 

If anyone know the answers please let me know. 

Im in 489 visa, my son 1.5 years still oversea with my parents. My parents want to take care my son for 1 year. I do not know if i apply 887 then my son will have problem when i apply or not????? 

I read some information but some people say yes, some websites say no. So im really confusing now. 😢😢

Thanks in advance

Hi @Chieu, the rule is, you have to have your son in Australia with you when you apply for 887 and he also has to be in Australia with you when the visa is granted. I am sorry to bring bad news... 😞  This is because 887 is an "onshore" visa.

But good news - he does not have to be in Australia between application date and grant date. 🙂 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chieu said:

Thanks. I will get him back AU before 6 months inapply 887, but i do not know CO will count time 2 years living in regional areas with him or not.

Hi Chieu,

dont worry just get him to australia before you apply 887 and then he will be under your 887 visa application once you lodge it, because 887 visa is on shore only and also it’s not mandatory for him to complete 2 years in regional areas. As long as primary applicant meet requirements of living and working that’s fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vayani said:

Hi Chieu,

dont worry just get him to australia before you apply 887 and then he will be under your 887 visa application once you lodge it, because 887 visa is on shore only and also it’s not mandatory for him to complete 2 years in regional areas. As long as primary applicant meet requirements of living and working that’s fine. 

Thank you so much. Hopefully everything ok

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi @Chieu, the rule is, you have to have your son in Australia with you when you apply for 887 and he also has to be in Australia with you when the visa is granted. I am sorry to bring bad news... 😞  This is because 887 is an "onshore" visa.

But good news - he does not have to be in Australia between application date and grant date. 🙂 

Yep. I’ll get him back 6 months before i apply 887. Thank you for your information

• Like 2

Guys, just received pre-grant from co Joan requesting my eldest daughter to be back

timeline:

applied - 9 March 2018,

had newborn daughter- April 2019

first contacted by co Regina requesting my AFP - 15 May 2019,

sent daughter’s birth certificate and form1022 to gsm.business.support@border.gov.au - 16 May 2019,

got my daughter’s 489 and bva- 20 May 2019,

Submitted new AFP, all newborn daughter’s documents - 21 May 2019,

sent email to apply for eMedical form- 3 June 2019,

got eMedical form- 5 June 2019,

Submitted GP’s letter and eMedical consent form - 7 June 2019,

got pre-grant - 20 June 2019 from co Joan

have already arranged my daughter’s flight in early July, then wait again...

good luck to all !

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, JoeIAm said:

hi all, 

is there anyone still issue the same problem as going to your account and they show " go back to your online account" ?

9 minutes ago, nudgee said:

May I ask when did you apply? I have had this problem since yesterday and now still.

We are experiencing the same problem since last evening

Applied for our 887 on 29th August 2018 through a migration Agent in Sydney living in a regional area of NSW for past three years still waiting for contact from a CO

1 minute ago, Victor said:

We are experiencing the same problem since last evening

Applied for our 887 on 29th August 2018 through a migration Agent in Sydney living in a regional area of NSW for past three years still waiting for contact from a CO

Thanks Victor for confirming, I don't think they have opened files for August yet, so i believe it just a system errors that affect the majority. 

5 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

Guys, just received pre-grant from co Joan requesting my eldest daughter to be back

timeline:

applied - 9 March 2018,

sent daughter’s birth certificate and form1022 to gsm.business.support@border.gov.au - 16 May 2019,

good luck to all !

Hi Mate,

what is the pre-grant?

Thanks,

43 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

timeline:

applied - 9 March 2018,

good luck to all !

Congratulations. Woo what a fast process

I wish our CO do the same

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone... 

Grant Grant Grant....🤩🤩🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳  

finally the most awaited email received today.. PR granted.. can’t believe it... thank you all for support.. special thanks to Ruskki...

applied on 07/12/2017

granted on 20/06/2019

CO peter

i made complain on 16/06/2019 and granted today..love it❤️ 

Hope everyone get their PR soon ❤️

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4