887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

20 minutes ago, nxtung said:

Hi Mazie,

Sorry to bother you. Did you submit the police check from home country? Did you use the police check which was used in 489 application? Did you visit your home country during after you applied 489 visa?

Thank you

Yes my wife stayed there for a year but before applying 887 she came back they asked police check for that year

On 9/19/2019 at 8:52 AM, TTTF said:

No worries.. 

Article looks good.. At least the message has been conveyed to the DHA. Lets hope some progressive action takes place. 

Reading the article realized that we are handful of ppl at least if we consider the tracker.. 800 odd.. which constitutes to only 10% of the total applications.

Some  things to consider,

1. The processing time will gradually reduce in next 8 to 10 months , as the number of applications start to reduce
  2. Lodge all documents correctly, in order to make your application 'decision ready'
  3. Some of the basic stuff, Provide Police clearance for home country and Australia for all applicants above the prescribed age (Renew it is over 12 months only AFP) Form 80 is required/ English for Secondary Applicants  is required ( Letter from University/ valid English Test results)

Nevertheless great work guys to get this addressed. A step in the right direction. 

Be hopeful. 

SBS Update , They have published second article on the subject.

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/audio/13-years-in-australia-and-i-m-not-a-permanent-resident-yet

Thank you for the contribution. Hopefully one more step in the right direction.. Keep up the good work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, ankit7775 said:

is there any one?? who had experianced that asking the AFP again EVEN AFTER UPDATED ??

It happened with me ...but you can't do anything now ...i am waiting from last 3 months ....i told them that its already done even before they opened my file but they don't want to listen anything 

24 minutes ago, TTTF said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/audio/13-years-in-australia-and-i-m-not-a-permanent-resident-yet

Thank you for the contribution. Hopefully one more step in the right direction.. Keep up the good work. 

It's a bloody good article this time. weldone @TTTFand all others contributed. Hope this will make an impact on authorities. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ankit7775 said:

hi, just got an update on IMMI account for Health examination for may baby, 

No Email, no massage

Was just checking IMMI account and found the  link for my baby s medical test. 

Applied : 24/07/2018

Hi kamal

Did they ask for E-Medical Concent and letter from GP.

After your Baby's Medical make sure that you reply through email skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au to them. Otherwise it will status of your Baby's Health checkup will not updated by IMMI.

Thanks

Sudip

35 minutes ago, SUDIP said:

Hi kamal

Did they ask for E-Medical Concent and letter from GP.

After your Baby's Medical make sure that you reply through email skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au to them. Otherwise it will status of your Baby's Health checkup will not updated by IMMI.

Thanks

Sudip

Hi Sudip, 

Thanks for letting us know. I've just replied to the email. 

5 hours ago, Gurpz said:

New in this forum...

DIRECT GRANT 💌 DIRECT GRANT 🎁 APPLIED 31 August  2018 😊

Hi all,

I am a silent follower.. I would love to share my good news with you all .. I have received direct grant this morning at 0846.

Applied 31 August 2018 . Vic Geelong region ..

Family of 3, my daughter is 7 yrs old.

I updated my AFP in JULY 19 just before it was about to get expired.

It’s a direct grant . CO Wilson . 

Congratulations, could you pls share what docs you have uploaded so that it will help me & other members to help prepare docs for direct grant. 

3 hours ago, ankit7775 said:

hi, just got an update on IMMI account for Health examination for may baby, 

No Email, no massage

Was just checking IMMI account and found the  link for my baby s medical test. 

Applied : 24/07/2018

Hi @SukSim, how old is your baby  & was your baby born in Australia? I also have a baby who will be 1 years old while I apply 887 visa in Nov 2019 but my agent told me it is unlikely that we will be asked for babys medical test as she was born in Australia.

1 hour ago, TTTF said:

Thanks mate for ur efforts. It’s a good article as shadow minister also spoke about delays. Hope it make some political pressure and get things run smoothly. Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gurpz said:

New in this forum...

Hi all,

I am a silent follower.. I would love to share my good news with you all .. I have received direct grant this morning at 0846.

Congrats mate. Enjoy your grant. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gurpz said:

New in this forum...

Hi all,

Wow.. nice congratulations buddy!! Did you have to submit your country's Police clearance as well? Some people are being asked for their home country's police clearance again? I know that we have to renew AFP every 12 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Soni said:

Hi @SukSim, how old is your baby  & was your baby born in Australia? I also have a baby who will be 1 years old while I apply 887 visa in Nov 2019 but my agent told me it is unlikely that we will be asked for babys medical test as she was born in Australia.

no mike, your agent is perfecly wrong, my baby was also born in australia but if they havnt dont medical at all, they will require before applying 887 ,

otherwise you have to suffer a lot time waste

Hello guys, I applied 887 visa  myself yesterday so I got some queries about the questions in the application form. 

1. I put my baby in the accompanying member of the family unit. 

2. I put my father, mother, sisters, and brother in the non accompanying member of the family unit. 

Do you think I did mistake. If so what could be the right answer. Please help me. 

3. In the immi account, in my wife's name section. One of the recommended document needed to upload is Custody Evidence of ( may be the info about my child) . We are genuine and continuing relationship for 4 years. So, what should be uploaded?

4. Haven't done the baby's medical yet because he is born in Australia. Provided the GP letter. Do you think the CO will ask to do medical later?

Hope you guys share your experience. Thanks. 🙂

14 hours ago, empie said:

Wow.. nice congratulations buddy!! Did you have to submit your country's Police clearance as well? Some people are being asked for their home country's police clearance again? I know that we have to renew AFP every 12 months.

Thanks! No I did not update PCC, as I did not travel outside Australia. Yes, AFP was updated even before It got expired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nkc said:

Hello guys, I applied 887 visa  myself yesterday so I got some queries about the questions in the application form. 

1. I put my baby in the accompanying member of the family unit. 

2. I put my father, mother, sisters, and brother in the non accompanying member of the family unit. 

Do you think I did mistake. If so what could be the right answer. Please help me. 

3. In the immi account, in my wife's name section. One of the recommended document needed to upload is Custody Evidence of ( may be the info about my child) . We are genuine and continuing relationship for 4 years. So, what should be uploaded?

4. Haven't done the baby's medical yet because he is born in Australia. Provided the GP letter. Do you think the CO will ask to do medical later?

Hope you guys share your experience. Thanks. 🙂

Father, mother and siblings should be in "other family members", or else they might appear on your medical examination list, but this is a very common mistake and Cos are well aware of it so do not worry, you can submit a incorrect answer form on IMMI account.