887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Mirza said:

Hi,

As per my understanding, you have to wait for passport before updating immigration. If you update first even then they will require passport to issue visa.

No you have to give a passport so the baby can have the same visa you have 

On 10/17/2019 at 1:45 PM, Navdeep047 said:

Hi Guys.... we had a baby in July 2019. I wanted to ask if the case officer will ask us for his medical. We haven't updated the immigration yet. 

And do we need his passport first to update immi or we can update and then apply for his passport.??

I had a baby and updated on my Immi account as soon as I got the Birth Cert. The visa was issued without passport. Babies born in Australia do not need passport to obtain visa. You only need the passport while applying ( for 887 ). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayK said:

I had a baby and updated on my Immi account as soon as I got the Birth Cert. The visa was issued without passport. Babies born in Australia do not need passport to obtain visa. You only need the passport while applying ( for 887 ). 

Hi Jayk,

Could you detail us about the docs you submitted for new born other than passport? 

22 hours ago, Akie said:

Guys I am filling 887 application and came through this question.

What should I answer to it ?  I hold only 489 since I have come to Australia and my wife also only holds 489 subsequent visa.  What should be the answer for this ques ?

Can anyone help with this please 

23 hours ago, Akie said:

Guys I am filling 887 application and came through this question.

What should I answer to it ?  I hold only 489 since I have come to Australia and my wife also only holds 489 subsequent visa.  What should be the answer for this ques ?

@Navdeep047  @TakeItOnTheChin.  @Stellajane Experts please help here. I don't know what to answer here.?? I am confused should I say yes or no 

[mention=3180]Navdeep047[/mention]  [mention=2751]TakeItOnTheChin[/mention].  [mention=4046]Stellajane[/mention] Experts please help here. I don't know what to answer here.?? I am confused should I say yes or no 
Its quite a simple question isn't it? And I think you already answered it yourself. You hold 489 and your wife hold 489, then say yes and give the details of that?!! Or what are you confusing?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dhle said:

Its quite a simple question isn't it? And I think you already answered it yourself. You hold 489 and your wife hold 489, then say yes and give the details of that?!! Or what are you confusing?

The last bit is confusing. Currently hold a visa for """travel to Australia """ we are already in Australia  @dhle

The last bit is confusing. Currently hold a visa for """travel to Australia """ we are already in Australia  [mention=4262]dhle[/mention]
Oh mate, 489 lets you travel in and out of Australia, so I don't see anything wrong with that?!

1 hour ago, dhle said:

Oh mate, 489 lets you travel in and out of Australia, so I don't see anything wrong with that?!

@dhle what I am saying is I am not coming to Australia. I am already in Australia.  Just curious to know what did you put in when filling out the online application for 887? 

7 minutes ago, Akie said:

@dhle what I am saying is I am not coming to Australia. I am already in Australia.  Just curious to know what did you put in when filling out the online application for 887? 

You need to list all the visas you have held in Australia if there's space for that. You answer yes and if the visa was granted whilst you're in Australia, the date of arrival on that is the date of grant. If you had a previous visa, the end date for that is the grant date of the new visa. However, if you have to list the visa you used to come to Australia, arrival date is the first time you used the visa to enter Australia and not it's grant date. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JayK said:

You need to list all the visas you have held in Australia if there's space for that. You answer yes and if the visa was granted whilst you're in Australia, the date of arrival on that is the date of grant. If you had a previous visa, the end date for that is the grant date of the new visa. However, if you have to list the visa you used to come to Australia, arrival date is the first time you used the visa to enter Australia and not it's grant date. Hope that helps.

@JayK I only hold 489 by which I arrived Australia and my wife holds 489 subsequent.  Do I have to mention my 489 visa details and date I entered Australia and for my wife also date of entry in Australia?? Please advise 

1 hour ago, Akie said:

@JayK I only hold 489 by which I arrived Australia and my wife holds 489 subsequent.  Do I have to mention my 489 visa details and date I entered Australia and for my wife also date of entry in Australia?? Please advise 

Yes you have to. Make sure your entries match with what you will enter on form 80 and 1221. After completing application I would advise you save/print the summary for future use.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, X76804 said:

Hi X76804. Most active forum members will notice that your responses or posts only include a "." and therefore you do not contribute much at all. This forum should be about information and contribution from members and we hope that you could also do so, or rather not post at all. Otherwise if you continue with your strange behavior then it is obvious that you consider this forum a joke and are quite simply a troll hiding behind a keyboard.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Max said:

Hey if you are unhappy, pay for Immigartion agent
It is so annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Max well I believe this forum is for helping each other and guiding towards the right path. If you are not interested in helping then don't help. This forum is not just for watching who got the grants or not. This forum is for helping each other if we have any issues. If it's annoying for you then better don't comment. It's a public forum any member can post 

• Like 1

[mention=2596]Max[/mention] well I believe this forum is for helping each other and guiding towards the right path. If you are not interested in helping then don't help. This forum is not just for watching who got the grants or not. This forum is for helping each other if we have any issues. If it's annoying for you then better don't comment. It's a public forum any member can post 

So tnx for bothering yourself and commenting this much long rather helping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Hi X76804. Most active forum members will notice that your responses or posts only include a "." and therefore you do not contribute much at all. This forum should be about information and contribution from members and we hope that you could also do so, or rather not post at all. Otherwise if you continue with your strange behavior then it is obvious that you consider this forum a joke and are quite simply a troll hiding behind a keyboard.

we found it strange too 

17 hours ago, Akie said:

@Navdeep047  @TakeItOnTheChin.  @Stellajane Experts please help here. I don't know what to answer here.?? I am confused should I say yes or no 

Listen mate, as many of the other members have noted your answer should be 'Yes' and you should enter your visa info for the sc489 and any other visas you may have held in the past

• Like 1