887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 minutes ago, sumit said:

Hi All,

My son born after 887 lodgement so CO need medical for him?He is only 10month old.

I already submitted his passport and birth certificate.

Please do needful

Hi Sumit

You can try send all your son's documents to skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

I attached birth cert, Passport  and Form 1022 to this email and after few days I got the HAP id from CO.

Hi Friends..

We applied our 887 in June 2018 and the CO was assigned in May 2019.

After submitting the requested document we havent heard anything back..

Now my question is we want to travel to our home country for 3.5 weeks..Do we need Bridging Visa B???

Our 489 is still valid and expires in March 2020.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Yatri said:

Hi Friends..

Now my question is we want to travel to our home country for 3.5 weeks..Do we need Bridging Visa B???

Thanks

You don't need Bridging Visa B, beacause you  current 489 still in effect. But if go oversea, when CO ready to grant and you are not on shore. you grant will be delay.

13 minutes ago, Yatri said:

Hi Friends..

Thanks

That is exactly my situation at the moment. I'm going overseas very soon for 5 weeks and my visa 489 is running out in Feb. I hope we don't need any bridging visa as long as 489 is valid. Can someone please confirm?  

• Like 1

Just now, Angry Coder said:

That is exactly my situation at the moment. I'm going overseas very soon for 5 weeks and my visa 489 is running out in Feb. I hope we don't need any bridging visa as long as 489 is valid. Can someone please confirm?  

Try calling DIBP and explain your situation; you never know it might help...worth a try...

4 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

as long as your 489 won't expire while you are overseas shouldn't be an issue.

17 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

ya mate, i just come back from 5 week overseas travel, dont need to do anything if your 489  is on, even dont need to inform Immigaration. 

39 minutes ago, Yatri said:

Hi Friends..

Thanks

If your 489 visa still valid then you do not need bridging visa to travel overseas. 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:31 PM, Resh said:

Hi

Congrats to all members who have already received The Grant.

I never received any generic email.

Application Date - 1st Aug 2018 , Not a single contact from Department.

1. Shall I ring them ? OR 

2.From IMMI Account > Help and Support > Client Feedback > ... >Visa > "SUGGESTION" radio button > Submit form?

3. .From IMMI Account > Help and Support > Client Feedback > ... >Visa > "COMPLAINT" radio button  > Submit form?

Which Path shall I follow out of 3.

Please guide

Thank You

was waiting for suggestion but all good

I chose first option, called them but received standard reply " have to wait” .

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Resh said:

was waiting for suggestion but all good

I chose first option, called them but received standard reply " have to wait” .

Hi Resh, 

You did the right thing by ringing them. I personally think none of this is going to have an impact on DIBP.  You can try to give feedback as well, but they will also give you the same standard reply. 

5 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi Resh, 

You did the right thing by ringing them. I personally think none of this is going to have an impact on DIBP.  You can try to give feedback as well, but they will also give you the same standard reply. 

Hi,Yes will lodge complaint next month , I am just waiting to update the timeline and Application Processing month on their website from Aug to Sep , Processing time line was updated on 22nd of Oct , Next due date  22nd Nov. 

Hi Guys,

I'm currently on a 489 visa and will be applying for my 887 in October 2020. I live with my partner who came on her own 489 visa and arrived Australia this year in June.

When applying for my 887, will it be a problem if she has not resided in Australia for 2 years? By application time in October 2020, she would have been 10 months in Australia.

If we have a baby, will the baby be under my 489 or hers?