887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, June said:

Medicare is only available for after bridging visa come into effect. if you current visa still in effect. the bridging visa will not come into efeect. so you are not eligible for Medicare

Not sure if it is true.

As per my information we can apply medicare when we receive bridging visa and that is when u apply 887.

Bridging visa will come to effect when 489 expires and in this case medicare would be delayed for another 1-2 years...

3 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Not sure if it is true.

As per my information we can apply medicare when we receive bridging visa and that is when u apply 887.

Bridging visa will come to effect when 489 expires and in this case medicare would be delayed for another 1-2 years...

After I applied 887, I took my bridging visa letter to centerlink, the staff told me that .

8 minutes ago, June said:

Medicare is only available for after bridging visa come into effect. if you current visa still in effect. the bridging visa will not come into efeect. so you are not eligible for Medicare

This is not correct. The moment you apply for 887 visa you are eligible for Medicare. Nothing to do with bridging visa. Just take your acknowledgement after applying for 887 visa to Centerlink then they will issue Medicare. Medicare will be issued for all family members whoever on visa application.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, qld said:

Hello everybody hope you guys doing great
i have applied last week already got my medicare card
i have 2 questions to ask if anyone can help plz
1st is abouth overseas police check i have been in australia for more than 12 years now 
do i still need to provide overseas police check as i have not been to overseas since my 489 was granted
2nd is my spouse provided a letter from uni that she studied her degree in english language and she used the same letter at the time of 489 application
do we still need to take ielts test 

if anyone can help me with these questions will be great
thanks.

Answer to your first question : all depends on CO whether he fancies your home country PCC still; its safe to apply for one so that you save on time.

Answer to your second question: Letter submitted for 489 is good enough no need to go for IELTS.

23 minutes ago, June said:

@June I have just called medicare and we are eligible for medicare once we get the bridging visa and we have to take the acknowledgment of 887 as well as bridging visa along with the passport to the nearest medicare office. Both wife and main applicant needs to be present in the office

1 minute ago, Akie said:

@June I have just called medicare and we are eligible for medicare once we get the bridging visa and we have to take the acknowledgment of 887 as well as bridging visa along with the passport to the nearest medicare office. Both wife and main applicant needs to be present in the office

as soon as u apply for 887 u receive the acknowledgement  letter in email take the printout along with your passport and all family members and u will get Medicare right away

I took mine the same way 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Akie said:

THANKS, AKIE. I'LL contact with my local medicare🙂

2 minutes ago, qld said:

as soon as u apply for 887 u receive the acknowledgement  letter in email take the printout along with your passport and all family members and u will get Medicare right away

I took mine the same way 

@qld  In the medicare form,  there is Question  36 - Does this person require a Lifetime Health Cover letter?  (For more information, see page 1 of this form)   Should we say YES or NO. I already have private health insurance and will continue to use that

Just now, Akie said:

@qld  In the medicare form,  there is Question  36 - Does this person require a Lifetime Health Cover letter?  (For more information, see page 1 of this form)   Should we say YES or NO. I already have private health insurance and will continue to use that

I replied with yes 

may be ask them while u are there 

31 minutes ago, qld said:

Hello everybody hope you guys doing great
i have applied last week already got my medicare card
i have 2 questions to ask if anyone can help plz
1st is abouth overseas police check i have been in australia for more than 12 years now 
do i still need to provide overseas police check as i have not been to overseas since my 489 was granted
2nd is my spouse provided a letter from uni that she studied her degree in english language and she used the same letter at the time of 489 application
do we still need to take ielts test 

if anyone can help me with these questions will be great
thanks.

No IELTS required, if you submit a letter that your Spouse has done her tertiary education in English. got this done for my wife and no English requirement now in my application for 887. I used the same letter which is did for 489.

1 hour ago, jaknap3 said:

Not sure if it is true.

False,.

True: You can apply medicare once you lodge your 887, regardless if your 489 is still active or your on your bridging visa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, June said:

This is not true! Once you apply for PR you become eligible for Medicare. It doesn't matter whether bridging Visa is in effect or not. 

42 minutes ago, JayK said:

This is not true! Once you apply for PR you become eligible for Medicare. It doesn't matter whether bridging Visa is in effect or not. 

if u have acknowledgment that's all u need and ur passport and u get the medicare right away 

trust me I got it the way I m telling here

4 hours ago, June said:

Medicare is available once 887 application is lodged. I have had Medicare since December 2018 when I applied and I am still on a 489

7 hours ago, au$$ie said:

Is Stellajane here ? you have got the recent grant ..was your spouse english was up yo date ? please share

Hi there, if your IELTS test is still valid on the day you apply for your 887 it is fine. Doesn’t matter if it expires when you’re waiting for your grant. 

Our IELTS tests, which were ‘competent English’ and therefore valid for 3 years, expired exactly 1 day after we applied for our 887.