887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, MDI said:

Hi mate,

I applied September 2018,

1st contact December 2019, request updated PCC for home country. (When I submitted my visa in 2018 I submitted updated pcc of home country and after that I didn't visit my home country but the case officer again ask as it expires)

As requested I submit the the updated pcc again in December 2019.

Still waiting for grant.

Co: RAJANI. 

Did you complain ever?

I asked my agent to email the immi. But no reply 

18 hours ago, sislam said:

hi

when I can get Medicare card right after 887 apply???  does Medicare will cover pregnancy costs or I have to carry on my private health care before 887 

Yes...medicare will cover everything.  I had my baby with emergency C sec and didn't have to pay anything except for $16 just for some painkillers and that was it.

They will ask you if u have private insurance and their liaison officer will contact the provider to check what you can claim with them.

Like i got my private room in public hospital for induction and recovery.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, May2019 said:

Thank you for sharing, this is what worries me as well. My home country PCC expires next month, I haven’t been to my home country since then. But I know they will ask just to stall the grant. But it will be very difficult to provide due to current situation. I am very worried what if they ask coz I won’t be able to provide it in time until the situation is normal. 

Hi mate,

If you can't get updated pcc it will be better to

Add an letter to the immi account mentioning that you didn't visit your home country. Some stupid case officer asking this again and making life hell.

Or you can call immigration and ask advice.

If you get a good case officer maybe no need.

Every thing depends on luck.

Thanks

3 hours ago, May2019 said:

The following detail is from immi.gov page, as per point 4 I don’t know why they still ask for PCC when someone hasn’t been to their home country after providing PCC

Penal clearance certificates – validity issues

There has been some confusion in relation the police certificate validity requirements. These requirements are as follows:

• For visa assessment purposes, all police certificates issued are considered valid for 12 months from the date of issue, irrespective of the period specified by the issuing country. 
  • If the applicant returns to the country that issued the police certificate during the certificate’s validity, it will generally not affect the validity.
  • Where an overseas police certificate has expired and the applicant has returned to the country that issued the certificate for more than two months in total (as a cumulative period) since the certificate expired, a new certificate will need to be provided.
  • Where a certificate has expired and the applicant has NOT returned to the country that issued the certificate, a new certificate is not required.

Hi mate,

Can you please send me the above link of pcc validity issues?

Thanks

On 4/17/2020 at 7:30 AM, MDI said:
On 4/16/2020 at 11:24 PM, Shazi said:

Yes my case officer is Rajani

When did you apply and when they contacted 1st time.

Appliend on 28th Oct 2018

First contact on 3rd feb 2020

Edited by Shazi
  • Like 1

Hi guys I’m new to this forum!! I have finally done my 2 years on 489 and can apply for 887!! i have a question when filling in an application for 887 online at the ImmiAccount - it asks for family details... my father re-married long time ago and has 2 boys with his current wife. While i see him (and his family) 2-3 times a year at family gatherings. We do not contact at personal level. I don't really know where he and his family lives (I know the area, but not the actual address), I know nothing more than just the names of his current wife and the boys. I cannot move on with the form because I cannot provide DOB, address, citizenship details etc of those people... what can I do? Can I include just my parents in the digital form and include those other people in form 80? Also, if I haven’t not traveled back home since I came 2 years ago, how likely will the CO ask for PC from home country? I cannot apply for PC without an official request from AU Home Affairs. Thank you!

Just now, nudgee said:

Omg, this is because they have done nothing in March. Hopefully April will start to decrease

We are currently assessing applications submitted before November 2018

This has been for 3 or 4 months now. But  applications from December ( which is good) are been processed. Something is not right here the update does not match with grant results. 

We are currently assessing applications submitted before November 2018

This has been for 3 or 4 months now. But  applications from December ( which is good) are been processed. Something is not right here the update does not match with grant results. 

It‘s mostly right because the processing time is based on March, they haven’t opened December application last month ( i know we have someone from December received grant in Feb but that’s a very rare case), they mainly open December application just from last week so next update will definitely reflect that

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

It‘s mostly right because the processing time is based on March, they haven’t opened December application last month ( i know we have someone from December received grant in Feb but that’s a very rare case), they mainly open December application just from last week so next update will definitely reflect that

Yeah lets c. 

Hi

I am going to apply for 887 visa and we are currently in 489 visa..

I was a dependent in 489 visa and now I have to become main applicant for 887.

Do I want to do the IELTS when I apply for 887. I haven’t done IELTS when we apply for 489 as my wife was a primary applicant and I have done a 4 yeas degree in English medium.

thanks

Suneth