887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Jessi said:

Can you check with your sister which was her processing office & does she got any email regarding that the prior request was just an error.

Melbourne.. it dosent matter which one of the states do ur application.. this is a clear in immi web site .. no need ielts for primary

1 hour ago, Jessi said:

Just a sudden there is nowhere mentioned that primary applicant is required to demonstrate functional English . Only GSM Adelaide is asking for it .

I also was under the impression until I had a call with the immigration helpline this afternoon. So basically the confusion is due to this statement, 

"Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English." 

In the sections Step by Step refer to Step 2, as per immigration the bullet points applies to all the applicants and they have specifically mentioned dependent to assist. 

They agreed the reqruiement should be more specific. 

They see that checklist reqruiement applying to all applicants  and in nutshell applicants primary and secondary both need to provide functional English evidence. 

Better to upload relevant documents before it is asked for. One more thing, If a case officer has asked it, then it needs to be submitted unless case officer decides otherwise. 

Hope this helps..

45 minutes ago, TTTF said:

I also was under the impression until I had a call with the immigration helpline this afternoon. So basically the confusion is due to this statement, 

"Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English." 

In the sections Step by Step refer to Step 2, as per immigration the bullet points applies to all the applicants and they have specifically mentioned dependent to assist. 

They agreed the reqruiement should be more specific. 

They see that checklist reqruiement applying to all applicants  and in nutshell applicants primary and secondary both need to provide functional English evidence. 

Better to upload relevant documents before it is asked for. One more thing, If a case officer has asked it, then it needs to be submitted unless case officer decides otherwise. 

Hope this helps..

My friend what you put there doesn't make any sense.

It's 100% clear that only dependents should provide this. No other interpretation can be derived from the mentioned sentence.

Moreover, I called the immigration office today and they confirmed that primary applicant do not have to provide proof of English.

One of my friends had the same application as mine and he was granted without any proof of English for the main applicant.

Edited by Megrand1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, sumit said:

Finally wait over...

Granted....

Family member 3

Applied 21 Oct 2018

First contacted 21 April 2020

Asked Baby medical 

submitted 6 May 2020

complained 3 times

CO Robyn