887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, Sachin said:

I can suggest that if you can not afford the private insurance then wait for 1 more year so that after you apply for 887 visas, you will get interim medicare cover. Practically, you do not need to wait for 1 year, just another wait for another 3-4 months and by the time of delivery you already applied 887 and have medicare card.  

Thank you Sachin and everyone trying to help me here, I really appreciate it. This is definitely going to help me a lot in making the right or close to the right decision.

Just to add, I am 30 working in IT company since I landed here. My wife is 27 for now not working anywhere for now. we have Medibank health insurance - Overseas workers standard hospital and medical, we pay $202 every month. Checked with them to add pregnancy cover - they said it will be $570 every month from $202. I find it costly and moreover, I think we will and can wait for another 6 months and then start baby planning so we are covered for medical facility. 

The only issue or confusion here is that if we are pregnant during the waiting period of 887 how much it can affect our visa and does it evolve a lot of extra documentation and will it make PR grant more awaiting for us? 

The only reason for this worry is that I am in IT and even though I love Adelaide, IT market and IT career is better in Sydney and Melbourne so I just want to try taking the right decision here.

Hope I am able to express my worry and situation here.

2 hours ago, sabbasi said:

Hi mate looks like we both have same issue Polio certificates and functional English for main applicant, could you please tell me how to get Polio certificate in Australia, during 489 I provide certificate for myself and wife and kids 3 and 5 years but now they asked again. 5 year already have missing vaccination before starting school and i already uploaded that letter.. do you think that can be done in 28 days as little one is 3 and half and they wont give vaccination before age of 4.. i am lost .. thanks for help

Hi mate, do not stress over it. Just walk up to your GP with the letter from CO and tell the GP you want a booster shot of polio vaccine. He/She will give you a script to go and buy the vaccine from any chemist. you will have to ring around to find a chemist that stock it because it is not readily available in chemist. After buying you go back to the GP who will administer it and give you a letter with the vaccine batch number as proof. You then upload this. Since they only asked for main applicant you do not need to worry about your wife or kids. Just for you. Its a straight forward thing bro. Fingers crossed we will get it soon. 

n/b if you are in Adelaide Chemist wharehouse in glenelg got the vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, oalabi said:

Hi mate, do not stress over it. Just walk up to your GP with the letter from CO and tell the GP you want a booster shot of polio vaccine. He/She will give you a script to go and buy the vaccine from any chemist. you will have to ring around to find a chemist that stock it because it is not readily available in chemist. After buying you go back to the GP who will administer it and give you a letter with the vaccine batch number as proof. You then upload this. Since they only asked for main applicant you do not need to worry about your wife or kids. Just for you. Its a straight forward thing bro. Fingers crossed we will get it soon. 

n/b if you are in Adelaide Chemist wharehouse in glenelg got the vaccine. 

thank for reply, for me he mentioned checklist for main applicant and under it he mentioned "Polio vaccination certificate for you and your family" and next level, check list for wife only PCC,,  what i understood from for family mean, all of us including wife .. correct me if im wrong!! plz also, in case of kids,, they can not have booster shot i believe as one is under 4 and other under 6.. very confused.. how many time we have to take this vaccine 😞

3 minutes ago, ASDFG said:

Thank you Sachin and everyone trying to help me here, I really appreciate it. This is definitely going to help me a lot in making the right or close to the right decision.

Just to add, I am 30 working in IT company since I landed here. My wife is 27 for now not working anywhere for now. we have Medibank health insurance - Overseas workers standard hospital and medical, we pay $202 every month. Checked with them to add pregnancy cover - they said it will be $570 every month from $202. I find it costly and moreover, I think we will and can wait for another 6 months and then start baby planning so we are covered for medical facility. 

The only issue or confusion here is that if we are pregnant during the waiting period of 887 how much it can affect our visa and does it evolve a lot of extra documentation and will it make PR grant more awaiting for us? 

The only reason for this worry is that I am in IT and even though I love Adelaide, IT market and IT career is better in Sydney and Melbourne so I just want to try taking the right decision here.

Hey mate, there is  nothing to worry about. having a baby is a blessing and would definitely not affect your 887 application negatively. My wife delivered a baby while we were still waiting for 887 and was fully covered by medicare. I am  surprised that a standard health insurance doesn't cover pregnancy. That is weird my first child was born using standard health insurance though with Allianz. . The choice is your bro, its a personal matter and decision you have to make for yourself. I will suggest you start your family when it is most convenient for you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sabbasi said:

thank for reply, for me he mentioned checklist for main applicant and under it he mentioned "Polio vaccination certificate for you and your family" and next level, check list for wife only PCC,,  what i understood from for family mean, all of us including wife .. correct me if im wrong!! plz also, in case of kids,, they can not have booster shot i believe as one is under 4 and other under 6.. very confused.. how many time we have to take this vaccine 😞

okay i understand you. I called immigration asking why they requested for vaccine when i already uploaded the one i took in 2018. they could not give me any concrete reply. I called a migration agent who suggested it will cost me less than 50 to get the vaccine and upload it, instead of waiting for the reply of a complaint. SO i did just that and then replied their email that i have uploaded and want them to finalize. If i was in your shoes i will just go ahead and get a booster shot for the family and upload. the earlier the better. 

n/b i will also confirm from the  GP if it is ok to give the kids booster shot. if he says no. I will ask him for a professional letter and upload the letter with the previous proof of vaccination for the kids. but for you as an adult i am positive you should get a booster shot.

Mate this are just my thinking please do what is best for you

cheers mate

33 minutes ago, ASDFG said:

so as mentioned by Country People and you, this is what I understood, please correct me if I am wrong - if you apply PR and don't tell pregnancy  to Immigration officer, this wont affect the PR time and if baby is born after PR grant, baby will be Australian citizen however if born before the PR grant, we tell this to Immigration officer about it and fill change in circumstances form and get home passport for baby and PR will be granted to all 3 ?

you are right.. you just summarized my scenario

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabbasi said:

Butt sab, could you please tell us how did you get polio certificate, i got 28 days to submit and GPs are confused what to do as they do not know about immigration process

Hello Abbas, I got my polio certificate from GP. He gave me injection which is I think called IPV, injectable polio vaccine and gave me a certificate saying that he administered the vaccine and that’s all. He will give you the same day. He will give you a prescription and you will buy the vaccine and go to him the same day. It’s very easy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabbasi said:

you have to declare mate when you apply.. it would be lie and might effect your case later..i think there is question are you pregnant or medical condition.. 

in my case i only informed change in circumstance after birth of child. not before

2 minutes ago, oalabi said:

okay i understand you. I called immigration asking why they requested for vaccine when i already uploaded the one i took in 2018. they could not give me any concrete reply. I called a migration agent who suggested it will cost me less than 50 to get the vaccine and upload it, instead of waiting for the reply of a complaint. SO i did just that and then replied their email that i have uploaded and want them to finalize. If i was in your shoes i will just go ahead and get a booster shot for the family and upload. the earlier the better. 

n/b i will also confirm from the  GP if it is ok to give the kids booster shot. if he says no. I will ask him for a professional letter and upload the letter with the previous proof of vaccination for the kids. but for you as an adult i am positive you should get a booster shot.

Mate this are just my thinking please do what is best for you

cheers mate

great reply.. yes im going to do same.. hopefully i survive after 500 times of Polo vaccine back home 🙂 ... good luck with grant.. send me message once you get it.. i believe  it wont take long.. i would recon if in next 3 weeks no reply just ask for if they need any thing else may be in that way someone could look in your file again.. and process it.. thx

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, May2019 said:

Hello Abbas, I got my polio certificate from GP. He gave me injection which is I think called IPV, injectable polio vaccine and gave me a certificate saying that he administered the vaccine and that’s all. He will give you the same day. He will give you a prescription and you will buy the vaccine and go to him the same day. It’s very easy...

thx mate!! 🙂

22 minutes ago, ASDFG said:

Only documents you will need for the baby would be Change of Circumstances form, Birth certificate and passport if baby is born before u get PR.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sabbasi said:

great reply.. yes im going to do same.. hopefully i survive after 500 times of Polo vaccine back home 🙂 ... good luck with grant.. send me message once you get it.. i believe  it wont take long.. i would recon if in next 3 weeks no reply just ask for if they need any thing else may be in that way someone could look in your file again.. and process it.. thx

yes mate. fingers crossed. we will all get it sooner or later and we will celebrate. all the best to us. 

52 minutes ago, ASDFG said:

hey did you try NIB (Iman). Cost us only 190 those days in 2018. and no out of pocket expenses for hospital admission and care, only paid the over medicare rebate amount for OB visits, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ASDFG said:

@ASDFG go with Bupa essential overseas visitor cover its cheaper & most of the gp’s accept bupa card no out of pocket check up...

not promoting anything i utilized bupa so giving you suggestion!

cheers

• Like 1

Just now, Newuser12 said:

So may 2019 is coming in may 2020 

Thats great 

We can expect June July August September in June 

Yep right mate, you know some may 2020 applied got initial assement notifications as well...not sure whether that one is CO random pickup by mistake...😎

9 minutes ago, nmit07 said:

Yep right mate, you know some may 2020 applied got initial assement notifications as well...not sure whether that one is CO random pickup by mistake...😎

I applied on May 2020, but nobody open the file so far😭

20 minutes ago, nmit07 said:

@ASDFG go with Bupa essential overseas visitor cover its cheaper & most of the gp’s accept bupa card no out of pocket check up...

not promoting anything i utilized bupa so giving you suggestion!

cheers

@ASDFG i agree with @nmit07.. I had a baby last September and we had the Bupa essential overseas visitor cover as well... we just had to pay for ultrasounds and gp gap during the waiting period.. Bupa covered all our pathology tests and we didn’t have to exceed our cover for this.. infact our monthly cost after adding our baby to the insurance has increased by just $25.. 

• Like 1

My  PCC was done for 489 visa and it was issued on 18/02/2017. I am living in Australia since feb 2018 and till today i just traveled to Bali for three days. i have already submitted my 887 application and waiting for my AFP clearance to upload but do i have to do home country PCC as well for my 887? or i previous one should be fine?

for AFP Clearance do i have also submit my children AFP clearance they are 4 yrs and 5 months old respectively. please suggest 

51 minutes ago, semtiaz13 said:

My  PCC was done for 489 visa and it was issued on 18/02/2017. I am living in Australia since feb 2018 and till today i just traveled to Bali for three days. i have already submitted my 887 application and waiting for my AFP clearance to upload but do i have to do home country PCC as well for my 887? or i previous one should be fine?

for AFP Clearance do i have also submit my children AFP clearance they are 4 yrs and 5 months old respectively. please suggest 

5BB2D02E-12BA-4CE1-9D6E-AC4D2702C725.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Parag said:

Me and my wife applied on 28th oct 2018.

First contact : 12th jan 2019 requesting for additional documents which were then submitted with a day or two.

Our bridging visa started on 19th of May

Still waiting for the golden reply.

Seems like forever 😭

CO: wendy

I also applied on 28th Oct 2018

First contact 3rd feb 2019

Still waiting