887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

8 minutes ago, Jayadevan.K.P said:

GRANT NOTIFICATION RECEIVED 

Application lodged : 21/04/2019 

Granted : 26/05/2020

Overseas PCC, AFP, BANK statements, PAYG updated after one year of lodgement.

DIRECT GRANT.

Thanks.

Congrats

6 minutes ago, nudgee said:

GRANT

Apply 06/10/2018

Updated 15/12/2019

Granted 26/05/2020

Applie 22 December 2018

First contact 22nd April

Granted just now

Co dat

Forwarded 2 grants

Hey just wondering how do you come to know about these grants?

31 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Yes those requests from COs were random ones which is not as per the requirements for 887 and this was because COs have authority to request any kind of documents 

So lets not generalise the fact that functional English is required for all applicants .... 

51 minutes ago, Jessi said:

It was wrongly quoted by case officer & I had advised him to get the extract of such legislation where such thing has been mentioned.I am in the same situation & has asked case officer to provide me the legislation quoting such statement.

22 minutes ago, Kaysavan said:

I have done the same thing. was asked to prove functional English. I have raised a complaint for them to provide me excerpt from legislation. I could easily sit for an English test and clear it, but I don't wish to do so... 

My req for more info was from nsw.pse, so I'm guessing this CO used to mainly deal with offshore applicants and does not have indepth knowledge about 887's. 

Have you been asked to prove English skill on first contact as well? 

I have always said that its the prerogative of the case officer who is handling the case.that he/she may ask or he/she may not ask for primary applicant.

@JessiAlso, in the same post by Moksha, this was quoted, " This requirement is specified in migration legislation and we have requested that the information available to applicants on the Department’s website is updated to reflect this."

@Kaysavan We all will be very happy if you get your grant without submitting a further proof of functional english as it will settle the anxious minds of almost 99% of the applicants. Keep all of us informed pls. P.S. I think @Megrand1has also been asked to provide the same and he has also raised a complaint for the same matter. 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jayadevan.K.P said:

DIRECT GRANT.

Thanks.

Applied on 19th April,2019, no contact so far. Hope will get by today or tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, Jayadevan.K.P said:

DIRECT GRANT.

Thanks.

Congratulations !!!!

22 minutes ago, A_D said:

I have always said that its the prerogative of the case officer who is handling the case.that he/she may ask or he/she may not ask for primary applicant.

@JessiAlso, in the same post by Moksha, this was quoted, " This requirement is specified in migration legislation and we have requested that the information available to applicants on the Department’s website is updated to reflect this."

@Kaysavan We all will be very happy if you get your grant without submitting a further proof of functional english as it will settle the anxious minds of almost 99% of the applicants. Keep all of us informed pls. P.S. I think @Megrand1has also been asked to provide the same and he has also raised a complaint for the same matter. 🤞🤞🤞

Thanks, I would prefer that too. Its been just over a week since I submitted my complaint and waiting to hear back from them. 

I just feel that as 887 applicants, we have been pushed around too much. Firstly, with having to wait so long for our cases to be picked up, and then we have to deal with obnoxious requests by CO's. So if Functional English is a requirement, it needs to be updated in the legislation first and then on the website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sachin said:

Guys, Just got email from case officer. Did not ask any document , just said that application is on progress

Apply date: 19th April,2019

Case Officer: Eng (never heard of this case officer as per trend)

Office: Adelaide

Anybody got notification like me?

image.thumb.png.dcc929d064037787f2ed084ef3e0d742.png

Edited by bornil
Correction
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, suvasuman said:

and one more thing guys. my daughter got her passport when she was 7months old now she is 7years old . the photo will look definitely different. so should i need any supporting docs to prove that photo is the same as passport?

you need stuartory declaration for your daughter

1 hour ago, Kaysavan said:

Thanks, I would prefer that too. Its been just over a week since I submitted my complaint and waiting to hear back from them. 

I just feel that as 887 applicants, we have been pushed around too much. Firstly, with having to wait so long for our cases to be picked up, and then we have to deal with obnoxious requests by CO's. So if Functional English is a requirement, it needs to be updated in the legislation first and then on the website.

On this topic, if anyone is still struggling with ILETS/PTE dates to provide evidence , A degree transcript should work in this case. 

Hopefully they get rid of this unsaid requirement. 

Keep this group posted on the response received on complaints raised. 

http://classic.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/legis/cth/consol_reg/mr1994227/s5.17.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=Functional English#disp3

MIGRATION REGULATIONS 1994 - REG 5.17

Prescribed evidence of English language proficiency (Act, s 5(2)(b))

For the purposes of paragraph 5(2)(b) of the Act (dealing with whether a person has displeft.png functional English dispright.png), the evidence referred to in each of the following paragraphs is prescribed evidence of the English language proficiency of a person:

(a)  evidence specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph;

(c)  evidence that:

(i)  the person holds an award (being a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate) that required at least 2 years of full-time study or training; and

(ii)  all instruction (including instruction received in other courses for which the person was allowed credit) for that award was conducted in English;

(f)  evidence that the person has been assessed as having displeft.png functional English dispright.png by the provider of a course that is an approved English course for the purposes of section 4 of the Immigration (Education) Act 1971 ;

(j)  if:

(ii)  evidence referred to in paragraph (a) cannot be provided by the person; and

(iii)  it is not reasonably practicable for the person to attend at a place where, or time when, he or she could be subjected to a test mentioned in paragraph (f);

evidence that the person has been determined by the Minister, on the basis of an interview with the person, to have displeft.png functional English dispright.png.

6 minutes ago, TTTF said:

On this topic, if anyone is still struggling with ILETS/PTE dates to provide evidence , A degree transcript should work in this case. 

Hopefully they get rid of this unsaid requirement. 

Keep this group posted on the response received on complaints raised. 

http://classic.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/legis/cth/consol_reg/mr1994227/s5.17.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=Functional English#disp3

MIGRATION REGULATIONS 1994 - REG 5.17

Prescribed evidence of English language proficiency (Act, s 5(2)(b))

For the purposes of paragraph 5(2)(b) of the Act (dealing with whether a person has displeft.png functional English dispright.png), the evidence referred to in each of the following paragraphs is prescribed evidence of the English language proficiency of a person:

(a)  evidence specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph;

(c)  evidence that:

(i)  the person holds an award (being a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate) that required at least 2 years of full-time study or training; and

(ii)  all instruction (including instruction received in other courses for which the person was allowed credit) for that award was conducted in English;

(f)  evidence that the person has been assessed as having displeft.png functional English dispright.png by the provider of a course that is an approved English course for the purposes of section 4 of the Immigration (Education) Act 1971 ;

(j)  if:

(ii)  evidence referred to in paragraph (a) cannot be provided by the person; and

(iii)  it is not reasonably practicable for the person to attend at a place where, or time when, he or she could be subjected to a test mentioned in paragraph (f);

evidence that the person has been determined by the Minister, on the basis of an interview with the person, to have displeft.png functional English dispright.png.

Isn't it visa 186?

CO Contact - Asked for Rental Lease ( as I was living with my friend on sharing basis). Date of application- 24/04/2019

Can I give them a Statutory Declaration from my Friend ? 

If someone can help me with Template please. 

Thanks 

Singh 

• Like 2