887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hey guys got one question  got my PR yesterday but we just had a baby on 20/25/2020 and i applied for birth certificate of baby but i havent notified immi yet. So just wondering what should i do next to apply for baby??

by the way i got grant through agent. So do you guys reckon that again i need to spend money on agent or should i do it by myself?? 

If you can please help me out with this.

2 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

I think the requirement for functional English is only for secondary applicants who are above 18 years.

Mate, just go through posts on the forum. One of the members have received mail from department stating the same which i have posted above. Its not my view or thoughts.

4 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

Hi AD.. If someone has paid second installment at 489 visa do they need to re pay for 887?

2) if they paid second installment for 489 do they have to study something and get certificate.. I saw some post someone saying like that.

thanks 

Hi TAS887,

Moksha was asked to provide evidence of having functional English for this application. And this is what was posted:-

For applicants who were aged 18 years or over when application is made decision makers are required to assess whether there is evidence that the applicant:

1             Has functional English as defined in legislation; or

2             Paid a second instalment VAC in respect of the provisional visa held at the time the application for the subclass 887 visa was lodged.

(For provisional visa read 489)

Hope this helps.

18 hours ago, A_D said:

As per website, functional English document should not be more than 12 months old at the time of application. In your case, it is deemed expired.

i agree, but above functional is 3 years valid prior to lodger 887. and here spouse got overall 8. i guess ielts over functional english valid 3 years including waiting time for 887. once it's expire dont wait for co.

29 minutes ago, A_D said:

Hi TAS887,

Moksha was asked to provide evidence of having functional English for this application. And this is what was posted:-

For applicants who were aged 18 years or over when application is made decision makers are required to assess whether there is evidence that the applicant:

1             Has functional English as defined in legislation; or

2             Paid a second instalment VAC in respect of the provisional visa held at the time the application for the subclass 887 visa was lodged.

(For provisional visa read 489)

Hope this helps.

It was wrongly quoted by case officer & I had advised him to get the extract of such legislation where such thing has been mentioned.I am in the same situation & has asked case officer to provide me the legislation quoting such statement.

• Thanks 1

Hi A_D, thanks for your reply which is clear. I just had a call with DIPB. The person who answered the call confirmed 3 points (i) Vocational english evidence and above has 3 years validity as per DIPB website, (ii) Vocational english could be substituted for Functional english, (iii) the case officer may not differentiate Functional vs Vocational or upper level in their decision making. However, as she is not the decision maker, she can only provide reference id# of the call and suggest me to quote this ref in an explanation letter then upload the letter along with a new scan of the same IELTS score, for the case officer to reconsider.

I did as per her advice. In the same time, my spouse also booked a test but sadly the earliest date we have where we live is 30 June which means we expect a few months of delay. 

I will update you guys if I have a positive response, thanks

2 hours ago, bornil said:

Thanks Rupom. lets hope for the best. Now-a-days its very tough to book medical appointment in Adelaide. Only one centre is here, other is in port Augusta. Some people went to Port Augusta for medicals.

Yes, i do understand and i wish our case officer's would unds that too. But anyway, good luck and hope you get a quick appointment. 

55 minutes ago, A_D said:

Mate, just go through posts on the forum. One of the members have received mail from department stating the same which i have posted above. Its not my view or thoughts.

Yes those requests from COs were random ones which is not as per the requirements for 887 and this was because COs have authority to request any kind of documents 

So lets not generalise the fact that functional English is required for all applicants .... 

25 minutes ago, Jessi said:

It was wrongly quoted by case officer & I had advised him to get the extract of such legislation where such thing has been mentioned.I am in the same situation & has asked case officer to provide me the legislation quoting such statement.

I have done the same thing. was asked to prove functional English. I have raised a complaint for them to provide me excerpt from legislation. I could easily sit for an English test and clear it, but I don't wish to do so... 

My req for more info was from nsw.pse, so I'm guessing this CO used to mainly deal with offshore applicants and does not have indepth knowledge about 887's. 

Have you been asked to prove English skill on first contact as well? 

2 minutes ago, suvasuman said:

can any one confirm that photo is mandatoty for 887 application? 45mm *45mm

It shows up under req docs while filing for 887, so i uploaded it. It wasn't 45*45 though. My CO contacted me for other docs, but did not mention anything about photo. 

3 minutes ago, Kaysavan said:

I have done the same thing. was asked to prove functional English. I have raised a complaint for them to provide me excerpt from legislation. I could easily sit for an English test and clear it, but I don't wish to do so... 

My req for more info was from nsw.pse, so I'm guessing this CO used to mainly deal with offshore applicants and does not have indepth knowledge about 887's. 

Have you been asked to prove English skill on first contact as well? 

Yes but it was requested by GSM Adelaide 

5 minutes ago, Kaysavan said:

It shows up under req docs while filing for 887, so i uploaded it. It wasn't 45*45 though. My CO contacted me for other docs, but did not mention anything about photo. 

That's a passport type photo.... I have uploaded them (wife and myself).

Come on COs, waiting for the golden email. Applied 15/05/2019