887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

hope they come back to you with a golden mail this week! 

I'm an afraid they won't. It looks like they can't lose their face, so they will insist on taking an exam.

I complained again yesterday because they ignore me

Edited by Megrand1

2 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

I'm an afraid they won't. It looks like they can't lose their face, so they will insist on taking an exam

Yesterday they had granted visa where they had earlier asked him to provide the evidence for functional English .Hope for the best

23 hours ago, TAS887 said:

@nudgee

I have uploaded employment Confirmation Letter in black and white copy by mistake  but I have also color copy.. Should I have to uploaded color copy also? Because I saw yesterday department site they mentioned all scan copies is in color scan. 

And after first time coming to australia I bought insurance after 10 months and I am. Thinking to put health insurance docs in relationship docs so can they ask any questions like that why I haven't take insurance from the first day or anything related to it?in relationship docs I have put utility bill, marriage certy and lease agreement and thinking to put health insurance docs as well.... Thanks 

7 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Yea you can upload again in colour, no need to submit 1023 form because it is not an error.

When you first arrive in Australia what visa did you hold ? Are you coming on a 489? Health insurance is not mandatory for 489 visa.

Yes 489 so it's not problem if I upload it. Already uploaded marriage certificate , lease agreement Nd utility bill. What u advise me about health insurance? Do I need to upload it? 

Edited by root

5 minutes ago, root said:

Yes 489

then they will not ask any questions about Health Insurance, the only visa condition on 489 is to live in regional. But you can attach your insurance documents as proof of residency if it has the residential address 

Edited by nudgee

15 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

That case was different.

Did they reply to you?

No I am still waiting for reply.I had lodged complaint on last Saturday.May I know how was that case different ? The main applicant was asked the functional English evidence .

image.png.3d99958ab599ce29ceadd60fa7ef4339.png

I got this info on 14th May so I hope at this time we will have application including primary & secondary around 4000? [mention=3335]nudgee[/mention], any comments or whats your take on this?

As far as I know they still have around 8000 applicants (primary and secondary) on hand . That’s 3200 applications.

They are doing well this month though they at least clear 1000 this month, if they continue this speed it will take 7 months to finish all.

2 minutes ago, Jessi said:

No I am still waiting for reply.I had lodged complaint on last Saturday.May I know how was that case different ? The main applicant was asked the functional English evidence .

Yes, but he mentioned that he already uploaded the result at the lodgement date

18 minutes ago, nudgee said:

then they will not ask any questions about Health Insurance, the only visa condition on 489 is to live in regional. But you can attach your insurance documents as proof of residency if it has the residential address 

Thanks but whatever docs I uploaded that is enough for relationship. Lease agreement, electricity  bill and marriage certificate 

12 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

I did ielts before we submitted

That's what he said.

so it is slightly different. I do not have any valid IELTS at the moment

I am talking about Moksha who had received grant yesterday .Just check what he mentioned 

1 hour ago, TNTA said:

Hi senior members, I have a question regarding functional english. In dipb website it says that validity of english level from vocational and above is 3 years. If the applicant has IELTS or equivalent to vocational and above, could it be used instead of functional english? In this case, should the validity is 3 years, and not 12 months?

Please advise what number to call DIBP, and is it easy to reach them? I just wanna confirm, al though we have booked IELTS test for my spouse. Thanks a heap

Hi TNTA,

A lot has been discussed in this forum regarding the english validity. As far as I can understand the rules and regulations, following can be deduced regarding english:-

(a)    All applicants are required to have functional english level at the time of application. However, it is up to the individual Case Officer if he is asking the proof for Primary applicant, Secondary applicant or both. Further, applicants can show higher level of english if they can.

(b)     The validity of functional english should not be less than 12 months (except if someone has undertaken studies in Australia for at least 1 year of full-time towards an award). For example, if someone is applying on 01 Jun 2020, the test should not be undertaken before 31 May 2019.

(c)      Vocational or higher english.  If someone wants to use as an evidence  that is valid however, in my opinion, the test should be undertaken on or after 31 May 2017.

(d)     Department Telephone: 131 881. Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Be aware that Mondays are peak days for calls and you may need to wait longer to speak to an operator. However they can't help you with Migration advice, Eligibility advice, Status of your application, if the general processing time has not yet expired and Updating contact details.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jessi said:

I am talking about Moksha who had received grant yesterday .Just check what he mentioned 

16 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

I did ielts before we submitted

That's what he said.

so it is slightly different. I do not have any valid IELTS at the moment

Moksha case was different because when they applied for 887, they have the valid IELTS (which has not expired). What was meant by them that they complained and provided the same IELTS results which were valid when they applied for 887. Therefore, the CO must have taken that into consideration.

Just my opinion though.

34 minutes ago, nudgee said:

As far as I know they still have around 8000 applicants (primary and secondary) on hand . That’s 3200 applications.

They are doing well this month though they at least clear 1000 this month, if they continue this speed it will take 7 months to finish all.

Hello Nudgee,

I need some help from you about the some requirement.

How can I communicate with you?