887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, KhanR said:

Hi senior member,

I am so upset 😞

Lisa asked us to provide the documents on 23rd April which already were uploaded but we uploaded again. Last Monday, my agent shared the feedback through immi account but still nothing.

Should I email on skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au OR gsm.allocated@homeaffairs.gov.au mentioning I lodged the application 7feb2019 and still waiting?

Anyone else contacted by Lisa in late April and still waiting. I know bodyfam got his PR and he was contacted by her the same day she contacted us.

Hi I was contacted on 21st April by Lisa. I applied on 22nd December 2018, got my grant yesterday, just wait few days you will get it soon. 

1 minute ago, Kreepaparajul said:

You don’t need Gp to sign it, you can sign with anyone like chemist, registered nurse, in council. I have also submitted same document with sign of registered nurse. No issue at all. Thanks 

unfortunately I can not. Because I can t bring owner to see them. Only I found person GP who believe me. 

2 minutes ago, oalabi said:

These people can witness your statutory declaration if they are licenced in Australia. Or, if they are registered to practice their work in Australia.

• architect
  • chiropractor
  • dentist
  • financial adviser or financial planner
  • legal practitioner, with or without a practicing certificate
  • medical practitioner
  • midwife
  • migration agent registered under Division 3 of Part 3 of the Migration Act 1958
  • nurse
  • occupational therapist
  • optometrist
  • patent attorney
  • pharmacist
  • physiotherapist
  • psychologist
  • trade marks attorney
  • veterinary surgeon
  •  

These people can witness your statutory declaration because they are a member of a professional body or organisation in Australia. Or, they work in a position connected to Australia.

• accountant who is:
    1. a fellow of the National Tax Accountants' Association, or
    2. a member of:
        1. Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
        2. the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants
        3. CPA Australia
        4. the Institute of Public Accountants
  • agent of the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post) who is in charge of an office that provides postal services to the public
  • permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with 5 or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public
  • APS employee engaged on an ongoing basis with 5 or more years of continuous service who is not specified in another item of this Part
  • Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer under Consular Fees Act 1955
  • bailiff
  • bank officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
  • building society officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
  • chief executive officer of a Commonwealth court
  • clerk of a court
  • Commissioner for Affidavits
  • Commissioner for Declarations
  • credit union officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
  • permanent employee of a Commonwealth authority with 5 or more years of continuous service who is not specified in another item in this Part
  • engineer who is:
    1. a member of Engineers Australia but not a student
    2. a Registered Professional Engineer of Professionals Australia
    3. registered as an engineer under a law of the Commonwealth, a state or territory, or
    4. registered on the National Engineering Register by Engineers Australia
  • finance company officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
  • holder of a statutory office not specified in another item in this list
  • judge
  • Justice of the Peace
  • magistrate
  • marriage celebrant registered under the Marriage Act 1961
  • master of a court
  • member of the Australian Defence Force who is:
    1. an officer, or
    2. a non-commissioned officer within the meaning of the Defence Force Discipline Act 1982 with 5 or more years of continuous service, or
    3. a warrant officer within the meaning of that Act
  • member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
  • member of the Governance Institute of Australia Ltd
  • member of:
    1. the parliament of the Commonwealth
    2. the parliament of a state
    3. a territory legislature
    4. a local government authority
  • minister of religion registered under the Marriage Act 1961
  • notary public, including a notary public (however described) exercising functions at a place outside:
    1. the Commonwealth, and
    2. the external territories of the Commonwealth
  • permanent employee of a state or territory, or a state or territory authority
  • permanent employee of a local government authority with 5 or more years of continuous service, other than such an employee who is specified in another item of this Part
  • person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the law of the state or territory in which the declaration is made
  • police officer
  • prison officer employed by the Commonwealth or a state, territory or local government authority with more than 5 years of continuous service
  • registrar, or deputy registrar, of a court
  • senior executive employee of a Commonwealth authority
  • senior executive employee of a state or territory
  • SES employee of the Commonwealth
  • sheriff
  • sheriff's officer
  • teacher employed full-time or part-time at a school or tertiary education institution

medical practitioner is meaning GP or not  

Please ....

2 hours ago, Country People said:

It's  2020 buddy, I know two more cases like this. Within 2 days of lodgement CO pinging for documents. 

My application was lodged on 25th may 2020 and the very next day I was asked for afp police check and the status is initial assessment.

is that bit unsual with 887 application since the average processing time is 14 months or so?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zeeban said:

My application was lodged on 25th may 2020 and the very next day I was asked for afp police check and the status is initial assessment.

is that bit unsual with 887 application since the average processing time is 14 months or so?

well you if you get ur 887 then your one lucky person. they may have picked it by mistake. Wish you do get ur 887 though

18 hours ago, sislam said:

hi friends

please let me know the statutory declaration need to be signed by friend only or he need to sign it infront of JP. please help I am confused 

hi @sislam did someone answer your question. I have the same question if someone can help out?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Monopoly said:

Hello seniors 

I need to know some information abt Medicare and certralink after granting 887

do we need to go in person or 

it will set up automatically 

Plz share ur experience 

thanks always this grp

After you get your PR:

Regarding medicare - you do not need to go the office; you will automatically get a letter from medicare stating that they have received update that you are PR now and you will get new medicare card soon.

Regarding Centerlink - you will have to go to the office to get your CRN generated and after that you can fill in the details online.

All the best!!

Edited by Dee
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Monopoly said:

Hello seniors 

I need to know some information abt Medicare and certralink after granting 887

do we need to go in person or 

it will set up automatically 

Plz share ur experience 

thanks always this grp

To get medicare you dont have to wait till 887 grant. Once u applied 887 you are eligible to recieve medicare. You can download and fill the form and handover to medicare service office or POST with required documents

38 minutes ago, zeeban said:

I am also in your plate. My case is similar. Submitted 23rd, requested 25th very first working day.

4 minutes ago, sha_adelaide said:

To get medicare you dont have to wait till 887 grant. Once u applied 887 you are eligible to recieve medicare. You can download and fill the form and handover to medicare service office or POST with required documents

Any one know what benefit we will receive after grant 887 

Any income support for kids, house rent , etc 

9 minutes ago, Dee said:

After you get your PR:

Regarding medicare - you do not need to go the office; you will automatically get a letter from medicare stating that they have received update that you are PR now and you will get new medicare card soon.

Regarding Centerlink - you will have to go to the office to get your CRN generated and after that you can fill in the details online.

All the best!!

Do everyone in family should go or only one person is enough  

58 minutes ago, Kreepaparajul said:

Hi I was contacted on 21st April by Lisa. I applied on 22nd December 2018, got my grant yesterday, just wait few days you will get it soon. 

So since you got the contact from case officer, were you requested to provide more documents. if it is when did you provide the documents?

29 minutes ago, sha_adelaide said:

I am also in your plate. My case is similar. Submitted 23rd, requested 25th very first working day.

I think they have started using Artificial Intelligent technology where the program can tell which documents are needed but not submitted. Also, the reason behind it is, the department is accepting to process all the application in 6-7 months times. Just my assumptions. 

39 minutes ago, Dee said:

After you get your PR:

All the best!!

Thanks always Dee

• Like 1

Hi all.... Many of us  received recent grant for PR. And my wife has been been stood down from work. So Pls let me know if you have any information that can she get job keeper or any help from centralink? Hope you all get pr soon.