887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

CO contacted and advised to attach my wife's (2nd applicant) Functional English ability. We are in overseas and booked the on 30th May. But all of a sudden we informed IELTS is cancelled due to COVID 19 outbreak. We can't provide IELTS result timely. We are trying to book a new date.

Please suggest what should we do.

Sincerely

2 minutes ago, Monjur said:

CO contacted and advised to attach my wife's (2nd applicant) Functional English ability. We are in overseas and booked the on 30th May. But all of a sudden we informed IELTS is cancelled due to COVID 19 outbreak. We can't provide IELTS result timely. We are trying to book a new date.

Sincerely

Did you pay VAC2 at the provisional stage?

4 minutes ago, Monjur said:

Sincerely

Book on whatever date and upload the booking receipt or ask for paying the 2nd VAC if you haven't paid at 489 stage.

Edited by A_D

Sincerely

Hi which date you have applied 887?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

No offence to anyone. just want to voice my frustration. i went back to the start of this forum and read through to the last message and i must confess i am so pissed with the way 887 applicant have been treated with so much disregard. i tried so much to come up with excuse for DOHA but just couldnt come up with any. Sometime i feel like they treat us less than human. Anyway congrats to those who got their grants and those waiting all the best. We will all rejoice at the end of the tunnel. 

Cheers

n/b i must also commend everyone for coming together to help each other in terms of need. shows humanity stil got hope

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, oalabi said:

Hi guys,

No offence to anyone. just want to voice my frustration. i went back to the start of this forum and read through to the last message and i must confess i am so pissed with the way 887 applicant have been treated with so much disregard. i tried so much to come up with excuse for DOHA but just couldnt come up with any. Sometime i feel like they treat us less than human. Anyway congrats to those who got their grants and those waiting all the best. We will all rejoice at the end of the tunnel. 

Cheers

n/b i must also commend everyone for coming together to help each other in terms of need. shows humanity stil got hope

i totally agree...as they say , "we are children of the lesser gods." i am saying this because all the applicants for 887 have completed their obligations and has complied with all the regulations and laws but still instead of having a 2-4 months of processing times we are all having atleast 12 months for direct grant (in today's scenario) and  20 months for normal. however, as we all have lived and completed our tenure as per 489 visa, we should be granted in less than 04 months as is happening with some of the other visas where department has to to all checks (In our case, checks are already done during 489 stage).

I apologize for venting... but can't help it/

• Like 1

Applied on 11 jan 2019

co contacted: 27 april 2020 and request for kids medical with hap id, did medical on 6 th may 2020 and still waiting for the grant. Does anyone know the rough idea how long they will take??

co: heidi 

I am glad to find this forum. I have been reading and taking in all the information as I am planning to apply for 887 soon.

I have been living and working in regional area for over two years. 

Reading all this CO's request for primary applicant's functional english and as a consequence creating further delay in processing time is unacceptable.

I was and will be primary applicant while applying 887, and my IELTS expired few months ago. So outcome of all the complaints and feedbacks from this forums member will impact me and many other prospective applicant personally. I want to thank the member for going through that extra steps.

All in all, just want to say thanks and I will be part of this 887 process very soon..

44 minutes ago, Binod said:

Applied on 11 jan 2019

co contacted: 27 april 2020 and request for kids medical with hap id, did medical on 6 th may 2020 and still waiting for the grant. Does anyone know the rough idea how long they will take??

co: heidi 

Hi Mate, was your kid born before 887 application submission or after?

Thanks

6 hours ago, rahul_123 said:

After 16 months..they have asked me proof of functional english...i have typed 2 pages of complain and sent it via immigration website.. lets c what they will reply

Co:wendy

Second request

6 hours ago, bornil said:

very frustrating.  These are not trained CO of 887. mainly they CO's of other visa's. Now-a-days all visas are closed for corona, thats why they are here.  its a waste of time and money for all of us. 

may be they will try to defend and parroting migration act 1994/1954.. haha 

6 hours ago, justaguy said:

Write back to them and tell them it’s a mistake. 

I was asked for proof of functional English too. I have raised a complaint already saying that it's not part of req for 887. If the complaint is not resolved in my favor, I will have to aproach ombudsman. I don't see a point in waiting to sit the test again, especially when there are no dates avail for exams. 

Hi Everyone

Plz share experience, who have spent few weeks overseas.. Have you waited to add up time or 4 weeks annual leave is acceptable.. I am gonna apply soon.. Collecting docs.. Plz help and share experience.. Any tips, i should be careful.. 

Applied 06 Jan 2019 - Single Applicant

CO 1st Contact 01 May 2020

Today after 28 days of 1st contact from Case Officer Andrej I received an email from CO Michael. I was advised that my PTE-A is not accepted because it is more than 3 years prior to 887 lodgement. I raised a complaint on 13 May as to why I was being asked to provide evidence despite of holding 489 and as a primary/single applicant. I received a feedback from Chelsea (Business Support Officer) saying I am not required to provide further evidence of English Ability but I still uploaded my PTE-A exam, Transcript and certificate overseas but today another case officer Michael handled my application advising me that my PTE-A exam is more than 3years prior to 887 lodgement which is incorrect. Firstly, It came to my surprise as to why I was still being asked for the evidence and secondly CO has miscalculated the years of my PTE-A from the date it was issued which is June 2016 to the date I lodged 887 visa which is January 2019. Clearly my PTE-A is less than 3 years when I lodged 887.

I rang 131881 to complain but she only gave me the email skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au to send my query in writing. Hope I get a positive reply from them coz I don't want to take another PTE-A! This whole process is just extremely frustrating.

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Patrick L said:

Today after 28 days of 1st contact from Case Officer Andrej I received an email from CO Michael. I was advised that my PTE-A is not accepted because it is more than 3 years prior to 887 lodgement. I raised a complaint on 13 May as to why I was being asked to provide evidence despite of holding 489 and as a primary/single applicant. I received a feedback from Chelsea (Business Support Officer) saying I am not required to provide further evidence of English Ability but I still uploaded my PTE-A exam, Transcript and certificate overseas but today another case officer Michael handled my application advising me that my PTE-A exam is more than 3years prior to 887 lodgement which is incorrect. Firstly, It came to my surprise as to why I was still being asked for the evidence and secondly CO has miscalculated the years of my PTE-A from the date it was issued which is June 2016 to the date I lodged 887 visa which is January 2019. Clearly my PTE-A is less than 3 years when I lodged 887.

I rang 131881 to complain but she only gave me the email skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au to send my query in writing. Hope I get a positive reply from them coz I don't want to take another PTE-A! This whole process is just extremely frustrating.

Were you offshore when you were granted with 489 

Sorry to hear that, Did you upload the expired PTE on your 887 , or they checked your 489 application ?

7 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Sorry to hear that, Did you upload the expired PTE on your 887 , or they checked your 489 application ?

Sangeeta kc    16/04/19       On tracker   Got her grant on 26 May from Nepal ,

Would you please update nudgee.,?

Thank you

and

can you included me in tracker?

applied : 15 / 10/2019

applicants  :2

Edited by Black horse
  • Like 1

Sangeeta kc    16/04/19       On tracker   Got her grant on 26 May from Nepal ,

Would you please update nudgee.,?

Thank you

and

can you included me in tracker?

applied : 15 / 10/2019

applicants  :2

Sure, already updated, and 26/05/20 was the new record for 887 grants. let’s hope tomorrow they will break the record of 16 grants, as it’s the last working day of the month.

19 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Sure, already updated, and 26/05/20 was the new record for 887 grants. let’s hope tomorrow they will break the record of 16 grants, as it’s the last working day of the month.

Hi Nudgee,

Have you heard the employment check for 887 application before? because I saw another applicant who got grant recently posted that her employer have been called by the Brisbane CO.

thanks

Hi Nudgee,

Have you heard the employment check for 887 application before? because I saw another applicant who got grant recently posted that her employer have been called by the Brisbane CO.

thanks

It’s very rare that CO will call the employer but CO can call any contacts you provided to verify the claim. I think if your evidences are sufficient enough then there will be less chance CO will call and investigate.

8 minutes ago, nudgee said:

It’s very rare that CO will call the employer but CO can call any contacts you provided to verify the claim. I think if your evidences are sufficient enough then there will be less chance CO will call and investigate.

Got it, thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, Patrick L said:

Why did u upload it if they replied there is no need fot it....if they ask again just upload their reply and tell them to decide what they need and again if they ask tell them to dump their 887 checklist website....what is the point in keeping it?