887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, suhailayaan@aim.com said:

Applied on 28th May 2019. CO contacted today and asked for a list of documents including Functional English for primary as well as secondary applicant. Primary applicant in my case is same as 489. Should I go for  English language certification again by PTE, IELTS or TOFEL or others or shall I reply back explaining I have PTE done in 2015 and I am an MBA from India. Pls guide.

Pte in 2015 is too old....easy way is get document from ur college that u have done 4 year degree and all instructions were in english

3 hours ago, Mirza said:

Congratulations KJV,

Could you tell me how old your baby was at time of medical? What medical they do eg. blood test or x rays?

Hi ...

My son is 2 yrs old. He was checked by nurse weight and height only. Then doctor just ask some standard question as  per e- medical form. Then he examined him. Very straight forward medical.

I believe no blood test or X-ray for toddlers.

• Like 1

Hello everyone Please answer my queries below, as i am confused 

1. So what you guys think Uni certificates are working as a proof of functional English? 

2. If my last PTE test has validity at the time of 887 lodgement will it work ( I will apply soon). I had overall 7 and its valid for 3 years I guess.  

3. I had provided Uni transcript+ medium of instruction for my wife at the time of 489 (CO asked for functional English evidence) and got the grant with that. For 887 should I submit the same?? 

Thanks everyone 

2 minutes ago, sislam said:

Hello everyone Please answer my queries below, as i am confused 

1. So what you guys think Uni certificates are working as a proof of functional English? 

2. If my last PTE test has validity at the time of 887 lodgement will it work ( I will apply soon). I had overall 7 and its valid for 3 years I guess.  

3. I had provided Uni transcript+ medium of instruction for my wife at the time of 489 (CO asked for functional English evidence) and got the grant with that. For 887 should I submit the same?? 

Thanks everyone 

If australian uni...than yes otw u have to get letter from uni stating that all instructions were in english

Other points no idea

11 minutes ago, Pejman said:

Hi
I applied in July 2018. How can I find a list of required documents at that time?

Now, immigration asks for Functional English proof, but as I remember, this item was not in the list of required documents.

Same here mate...better start preparing the documents as they have changed requirement in website or leave this country

Hi,

I submit my 887 application at the end of this month. On the checklist / steps on the IMMI website it mentions Police Checks. Need some advise on the following questions:

1 - Do I need to re-do the one I got over 2 years ago from the UK?

2 - Do I wait until I'm asked for these by my case officer as it may take a year before a case officer gets in touch and the ones I get done now may not be valid?

Kind regards,

Dave

4 minutes ago, DFRNTD said:

Hi,

I submit my 887 application at the end of this month. On the checklist / steps on the IMMI website it mentions Police Checks. Need some advise on the following questions:

1 - Do I need to re-do the one I got over 2 years ago from the UK?

2 - Do I wait until I'm asked for these by my case officer as it may take a year before a case officer gets in touch and the ones I get done now may not be valid?

Kind regards,

Dave

Looking right now..they are atleast taking a year to open file..so I will suggest u to get police check after 8 to 9 months...but again keep any eye how fast they are opening filea

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KMC2019 said:

When you upload new documents - does it give the CO assigned a notification of some sort that you have provided new docs? 

You need to press the botton at bottom off attracted documents list to let them know you have uploaded new requested documents 

Edited by ASH_R

2 minutes ago, rahul_123 said:

Looking right now..they are atleast taking a year to open file..so I will suggest u to get police check after 8 to 9 months...but again keep any eye how fast they are opening filea

Thanks Rahul, appreciate the quick response.

1 hour ago, KJV said:

Hi ...

My son is 2 yrs old. He was checked by nurse weight and height only. Then doctor just ask some standard question as  per e- medical form. Then he examined him. Very straight forward medical.

I believe no blood test or X-ray for toddlers.

thanks for sharing

On 6/1/2020 at 7:11 PM, Megrand1 said:

Guys, I am coming back to the race.

Some information.

My result is L9 R9 W6.5 S8 O8

It is enough but I am furious with the way they treat migrants.

It looks like they thought that I needed 7 so they cut my writing by 0.5 points to make me come back.

This bloody approach took 3 years on my life on a regional visa because I was short of 0.5 when I was moving to Australia:-((((((((((((

All about money.

I did not want to wait for 189 with 60pts...it is costing me 3 yrs as well 😢

btw, CO asked for my son passport which Im unable to provide due to covid19...any ideas if I can be granted PR. CO Brooke contact on 19 May 2020.

Applied 1 Dec 2018 

1 hour ago, rahul_123 said:

Pte in 2015 is too old....easy way is get document from ur college that u have done 4 year degree and all instructions were in english

I took PTE in Dec 2015....when applied for 887 was still in the 3yrs validity...CO did not ask for it, yet!

1 minute ago, meetpatel1055 said:

hii...i want to apply for 887 for me and my wife (recently got 489 subsequent entrant visa in march), but my problem is my wife is in India right now. because of covid she can't come here. My question is she needs to be here when i apply for the visa?

Yes. She needs to be at Australia during 887 visa application

28 minutes ago, Sam9999 said:

I took PTE in Dec 2015....when applied for 887 was still in the 3yrs validity...CO did not ask for it, yet!

Stupid co's should have checked ur 489 and never asked for it...but i am not sure why they are making everyones life hard...according to competent english section in website ..ur pte should be ok...but again thesr co's donot want to make our life easier...so proceed with caution..may be get letter from ur college if u can...

One of my friends got  direct grant today'(02 June 2020)

Date of Application: 30th May 2019

Family of 4  at Darwin, NT

Country of Origin: Bangladesh

Just updated Univesity transcript  for the primary applicant at last Saturday after discussing with me 

CO : Venetha  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Maj said:

Hi everyone

I am new in this forum

Applied 2april 2019

Was Contacted for child medical and now bupa has referred to Paediatrician in regards of form 884 

Anyone knows or have idea

Thanks

@Maj did you contact Bupa and requested for an appointment before they referred you to a Ped.? I thought the examinations should be done in Bupa centres. Btw How old is your baby, if you don't mind sharing?