887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 minutes ago, Rae said:

We did though but it was an older one, so not valid anymore. I guess we'll have to do the test again and provide a new one. Just annoys me that they didn't ask for it during first contact.

There are other ways you can prove funcitonal English. IELTS we submit at 489 is outdated by now in most cases. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english Best of luck

Good News 

Applied Date:     04/07/2019
First Contact:     04/06/2020
Granted Today:  24/06/2020

Asked for AFP with different surname 
Submitted through Email because i have reached attachment limit in IMMI Account

Complaint because i was not sure they received my document through Email and was not sure i should confrim through IMMI ACCOUNT that i have provided requested document. * I didn’t Confirm Through IMMI ACCOUNT *

Good luck to everyone 😊

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, sha_adelaide said:

There are other ways you can prove funcitonal English. IELTS we submit at 489 is outdated by now in most cases. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english Best of luck

54 minutes ago, Rae said:

Just got a second request to now provide IELTS for main applicant. We already provided for secondary applicant after they requested this 29 days ago and now again but for main, I thought this wasn't needed? Could I dispute this.

40 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Functional English proof is a requirement now for all applicants now above age 18.

Have u not provided the Functional English proof for primary applicant?

Unfortunately we will have to do the IELTS again, it's just frustrating because how would ones English regress when living and working in an English speaking country for years already and even then just ask for everything you need during first contact already! Sorry for the rambling but just so frustrated here. Anyways thanks for your help, at least now we know 🙏👍🏼

27 minutes ago, Rae said:

Unfortunately we will have to do the IELTS again, it's just frustrating because how would ones English regress when living and working in an English speaking country for years already and even then just ask for everything you need during first contact already! Sorry for the rambling but just so frustrated here. Anyways thanks for your help, at least now we know 🙏👍🏼

Why don't u provide a letter from ur college/Uni confirming medium of study was English along with all years mark sheets + degree certificates?

This would be sufficient enough 

18 hours ago, Naveed_dot may said:

If you are self employed you should be able to demonstrate that you worked arleast 35 hrs a week. As far as your tax documents is concerned it should be your quarterly bas lodgements, ato tax receipts end of the year tax report. Make sure your invoices got the hrs you worked on it for each week or fortnight. And the employment letter shuld be saying that your are a full-time contractor worked for 35hrs weekly.

Thank you very much for your reply!!!!! You mean I should get the employment letter from the company I am working with? Because I don't have any employment letter from them right now. Do you suggest I keep a working dairy as well? That's something I heard from other sources but I find it quite hard to keep one, and I don't know if that's reliable to my lodgement later.

Cheers!!

KingF

On 6/15/2020 at 11:02 AM, FAYZ said:

Hi seniors 

i have been Requested for AFP on 04th of June. Applied 04th July 2019. But i have reached limit of attachments

can someone guide me how to send a requested document and do i have to still press a thing on IMMI ACCOUNT.

cheers

Hi i am in the same situation, co requested documents today , but my 60 attachments are allrady full, how did you send them documents? Thanks

4 hours ago, jaknap3 said:

Why don't u provide a letter from ur college/Uni confirming medium of study was English along with all years mark sheets + degree certificates?

This would be sufficient enough 

Because it wasn't I'm from the Netherlands where I studied in Dutch and my partner whose the main applicant is from France and studied in French.

Hello Everyone, 

With God's Grace Alhamdullilah  got the golden email today morning at 11:30 am.

I have been an active member of this forum and can't thank enough for the people who are so helping in this forum. 

Timeline:  7 months, 12 days 

Visa applied: 12 Nov 2019  

Direct Grant: 24 June 2019 

CO:- NIKHILA 

As there was a recent change for primary applicant  to provide proof of english,  I (primary Applicant) uploaded my PTE score card which i had given in sept 2017, also uploaded college letter for english medium proof and 4 years college degree certificate and transcripts. I uploaded it in the other document section.  I also did the same for my wife ( Secondary applicant)

Also its good to submit a word doc then convert that to PDF and name it as DECISION READY CHECKLIST and mention all the docs which you uploaded for primary and secondary applicant separately. I got this suggestion from this forum only. Thanks a lot to the members of this forum. This doc makes the life easy for CO and helps CO in taking a decision immediately. 

Another quick tip who want Direct Grant:- Highlight Salary credit, rental deposit and utility debit in the Bank statements in yellow ( I know it is time consuming but it helps a lot). I also highlighted Superannuation Transaction statement wherever Employer contribution was there in the statement. 

Best of luck to everyone who are still waiting for the Grant. Hope everyone waiting gets their grant soon. 

Let me know if anyone has any questions. Happy to help 

Edited by Akie
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, sunny boy said:

Hi i am in the same situation, co requested documents today , but my 60 attachments are allrady full, how did you send them documents? Thanks

no.reply.gsm.allocated@homeaffairs.gov.au

Email with subject: IMMI ACCOUNT QUOTA LIMIT REACHED, REQUESTED DOCUMENT ATTACHED 887 VISA

Edited by FAYZ

5 hours ago, FAYZ said:

Good News 

Applied Date:     04/07/2019
First Contact:     04/06/2020
Granted Today:  24/06/2020

Asked for AFP with different surname 
Submitted through Email because i have reached attachment limit in IMMI Account

Complaint because i was not sure they received my document through Email and was not sure i should confrim through IMMI ACCOUNT that i have provided requested document. * I didn’t Confirm Through IMMI ACCOUNT *

Good luck to everyone 😊

Congratulations mate .

how did you make a complaint?

22 hours ago, Cham said:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone has any format to write the uni letter to proof the functional English?

Or does it enough to state the duration of study and medium of conduct is in English?

Are there any missing points in here which I should ask to mention on that letter?

Thanks,

If you ask your university/college, they would have their own unique letter format. Just provide as much details as possible (uni.letter, transcript, completion letter, Graduate invitation, Certificate, and the language confirmation; if possible)

Hello Guys,

Received my direct grant today. Application details are:

Applied   16 Nov 2019

Direct Grant   24 June 2020

Family of 4

CO Lolene (GSM Adelaide)

Updated my pay slips and residential evidence last week. Uploaded PTE test result which I took in November 2017 as an evidence of english reauirement. Provided letter from Uni alongwith Degree and transcript for secondary applicant.

No medical requested for my 10 months old daughter. I had uploaded her Blue Book Record and letter from GP.

Thanks everyone for sharing knowledge and learnings which helped me keep my application decision ready. This forum has really been very helpful, and is a source of inspiration to keep steadfast during this stressfull phase of our lives.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sunny boy said:

You can upload other documents in your partner's or in wife's attachments, that is what I did and I did read it somewhere on website.

Hi everyone,

I am a May 2020 applicant for the 887 visa.

I am planning to resit my IELTS exam to prove functional English as the IELTS exam I previously sat to apply for 489 visa on 15/04/2016 is long expired.

Any advise on how to book exam?. Is the exam now computer based?. Also do you have any suggestions if there are free preparatory classes?

Really appreciate your advice.