887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 hours ago, MMM said:

looks like real

Screenshot_2020-06-24-18-05-45-666_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's a great marketing strategy to bring more attention from the people. But I guess it's still fake. The visa subclass is not written the attached photo, so it might be different subclass visa, I guess 😄 Even if it's true, it still good thing for everyone waiting the 887 visa. Hopefully, all 2019 applications are cleared by next week.

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 12:39 PM, Tassie Devils said:

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help?

CO asked for wife's PCC from India where she currently is. However the Indian Passport Office that issues PCC is shut due to Corona and she doesn't know when she can get the appointment. Is there a way we can request CO for waiver or it has to be done sooner or later?

TIA

Hey, 

You could go on the website of the passport office and if there is a message that says that the office is closed due to the pandemic then take a screenshot of that or, go to the passport office and take a picture of the closed sign, along with any other messages, and write a letter to the department explaining why you are unable to submit the pcc. Make sure you have evidence (screenshots, pictures...) to your claims of the passport office closure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kevin said:

It's a great marketing strategy to bring more attention from the people. But I guess it's still fake. The visa subclass is not written the attached photo, so it might be different subclass visa, I guess 😄 Even if it's true, it still good thing for everyone waiting the 887 visa. Hopefully, all 2019 applications are cleared by next week.

Maybe go to vision overseas Facebook page and ask them about this grant 

can anyone explain what is the second instalment visa charge and do we have to pay when we apply for visa 887?

when i applied for visa 489 i paid visa fees for myself, my wife and son (son is below 18) and provided functional english for both myself and wife

also do we have to provide functional english proof again ?

Edited by ADL2020

16 minutes ago, ADL2020 said:

can anyone explain what is the second instalment visa charge and do we have to pay when we apply for visa 887?

when i applied for visa 489 i paid visa fees for myself, my wife and son (son is below 18) and provided functional english for both myself and wife

also do we have to provide functional english proof again ?

yes you have to provide English for both again for 887.

if you can provide functional English for your wife and then you dont need to care about second installment, but 

if your not able to provide then you have to pay second installment which cost you 4900 dollars. so it better your wife does IELTS or PTE and get 4.5 each

5 minutes ago, Meee said:

Quick question, in which cases do we need to fill 1221 form while applying 887? I have submitted form 80 in my application already.

its is almost same as form 80 normally. its for people that are NOT Indian or Nepali but it is suggested that you fill it in and upload as CO may ask you for it which can delay your file.

4 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

its is almost same as form 80 normally. its for people that are NOT Indian or Nepali but it is suggested that you fill it in and upload as CO may ask you for it which can delay your file.

Thanks for clarifying. I did notice that its very very similar to 80. And I am Indian but will go with your suggestion and upload it. Will not take much of an effort to fill that form after all.

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

Doesn’t give intution of real case. You are right, its a marketing strategy.. Think about the grants till now, nobody mentioned and thanks to their agents publically.. 🤓🤓

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

I can't see any reference page suggests that it is for Indian or Nepali people

Can u share the link where it is mentioned? Thanks ...

I read it somewhere but it was not  immi website.  however I suggest everyone to fill and upload as you can copy info from 80.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

yes you have to provide English for both again for 887.

if you can provide functional English for your wife and then you dont need to care about second installment, but 

if your not able to provide then you have to pay second installment which cost you 4900 dollars. so it better your wife does IELTS or PTE and get 4.5 each

You are right, but the functional English is overall 4.5 in Ielts or 30 in pte, not each 🙂 

Edited by Kevin

!!!! GRANT GRANT GRANT !!!!!

Timelines:
Applied 19 April 2019.
First contact 26 May 2020 for superannuation statement, employement contract, salary slips, tax returns applied with ATO and any other employement proof with my current employer and AFP.
Uploaded all docs on 26th and AFP's on 29th May 2020.
PR Granted on 25 June 2020

Edited by Mesum
  • Like 6

Hi,

What does it mean?

"If this requirement applies to you and you cannot provide evidence of functional English
you may be liable for payment of a second instalment visa application charge (the
charge); however; if the charge was paid for the visa you held when you made this
application a further charge is not payable"

Does it means that if I don't submit evidence, defiantly I can pay or it? 

25 minutes ago, Mesum said:

!!!! GRANT GRANT GRANT !!!!!

Timelines:
Applied 19 April 2019.
First contact 26 May 2020 for superannuation statement, employement contract, salary slips, tax returns applied with ATO and any other employement proof with my current employer and AFP.
Uploaded all docs on 26th and AFP's on 29th May 2020.
PR Granted on 25 June 2020

Who was the CO that granted the PR?

38 minutes ago, Pejman said:

Hi,

What does it mean?

"If this requirement applies to you and you cannot provide evidence of functional English
you may be liable for payment of a second instalment visa application charge (the
charge); however; if the charge was paid for the visa you held when you made this
application a further charge is not payable"

Does it means that if I don't submit evidence, defiantly I can pay or it? 

hi,

If you already paid 4900 or as they say 2nd installment when applying 489 visa then just submit that receipt for you 887 wifes english.

if you provided IELTS or PTE or university papers for 489 then submit that for your 887

if you provided IELTS or PTE  for 489 but now it is expired then your wife needs to sit for the Exam AGAIN. if she is not able to get 4.5 or 30 then you wait for the case officer and when they ask you provide dependent English you ask them you want pay 2nd installment.

its better to do IELTS or PTE which is 350 dollars aprox than paying 4900 AUD

This is all for dependent.

if your asking for your self then either your IELTS or UNI degree or other check on that page it has more details 

• Thanks 1