887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Everyone. I'm a newbie here and I just wanted to say hi. I'm a July 2020 applicant and I'm happy to see grants within just a few months. Here's to hoping that we'll have direct grants as well. Does anybody know how long it took the COs to go through Feb 2020 applications? I know there are still some grants coming from Feb and before that but they're granting March applicants already so I'm wondering how many weeks the Feb applicants took.

35 minutes ago, Dieppa said:

Hi, does anyone know how they allocate 887 files? Do they give each CO a certain number of files or?! 
just curious! thanks

Wait till the day I join Department of Home Affairs and if you're still not a PR yet or a citizen (if that's your next plan), I will let you know. 😬😬

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vimmi Bajwa said:

Hey Guys, stay positive. I have contacted many people whole have been on holiday for more than 40 days without pay and have received their visa. It all depends on how often you have traveled, whether you were paid annual leave for your time off or not. Mainly people been questioned are those who have received their 489 offshore. 

I saw a person case who was granted 489 in Jan and this person was offshore when the visa was granted. He traveled to India for 28 days in June. He mentioned that he was paid but how can these many hours of annual leave accumulate in 6 months Every case is different not everyone is entitled to annual leave or paid holidays. 

Its good to cognizant people to add some time but who have applied already, let's give them hope to be positive and wait for a positive outcome. 

Positive Affirmation for you all: We are happy and we are Permanent resident.

Let's enjoy this moment by saying this affirmation until we receive our outcome. We all are heading to the good times of our life. Please stay positive 🙂

I have been out of Ausi for 26 days but got direct grant ... one of my friend who had been out for 60 days but still got grant ... If you are offsetting days you were out, that will give you peace of mind, leaving CO(s) no option to ask you back any justifications on resident factor, friend 😊 Do NOT take any risks .. people suffered a lot with 489 visa ..with 491 you are eligible for Job seeker plus Medicare !! which I believe is so unfair !!! 🙄

• Thanks 1

Hi I am due to apply for my 887 Visa in next two months, 

I am also in the process of getting married, is there any possibility, my fiance is onshore on a student visa. Is there any possibility i can apply for 489 subsequent entrant visa for my wife and based on bridging A for 489, when i apply for my 887, i can include her in my application. Also. does she has to be in regional or can she be in Metro still attending her uni while her student visa is valid ?

Please advise

Edited by Matey
correction

Dear All seniors,

Please advise me for the below scenario, I have been answered for this question several times. I have given the below information more than 3 times.

Personal particulars for character assessment - - incomplete, Address for the past 10 years

Police clearance certificates

31 minutes ago, Matey said:

Hi I am due to apply for my 887 Visa in next two months, 

I am also in the process of getting married, is there any possibility, my fiance is onshore on a student visa. Is there any possibility i can apply for 489 subsequent entrant visa for my wife and based on bridging A for 489, when i apply for my 887, i can include her in my application. Also. does she has to be in regional or can she be in Metro still attending her uni while her student visa is valid ?

Please advise

Having read this: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#Eligibility, I believe you can include her when applying for 887, even she'd be on bridging visa. And no, she doesn't need to be in regional given you're the main applicant.

11 hours ago, Hanna said:

Hi Waseem,

I understand your concerns and you’re right. The legislation applied here is that of Australians having in total 20 days of paid leave within 12 month period which is about 4 weeks (28 days if you include weekends). They not only apply immigration legislation but also that of the citizens of Australia. Does it make sense? The logic to follow is, if you work full time you collect a certain amount of time for your holiday which does not exceed 28 days within 12 months period. We have learned from previous applications that all applicants exceeding 28 days from the date that they traveled got questioned about it by the CO who deducted ALL of their offshore period if they were away for more than 28 days within 12 months period as they didn’t consider that a lawful annual leave since Australians generally don’t have more than that either. However, applicants who traveled less than 28 days were granted without questions asked even though that they applied exactly 2 years after their stay in the regional. Furthermore, Australia’s immigration law services posted about it and on many MARA websites you’ll read about 4 weeks being the maximum. Hope this helps.

Hi Hanna,

I really appreciate your explanation and which I totally understand, I believe each person has his/her own case and it all depends on the case officer assessment. I called the DHA last year and spoke with them for a long time trying to get something solid about this subject, at the end the lady told me there's no clear-cut answer to this and it's better to ask a migration agent. I still remember I laughed and told her, if the department doesn't know what makes you think the migration lawyer would know!! I met a migration lawyer and told me the same, however he mentioned to be cognitive about long period travels and repeated one per year and it all depends on the CO. 

cheers

Hi Hanna,

I really appreciate your explanation and which I totally understand, I believe each person has his/her own case and it all depends on the case officer assessment. I called the DHA last year and spoke with them for a long time trying to get something solid about this subject, at the end the lady told me there's no clear-cut answer to this and it's better to ask a migration agent. I still remember I laughed and told her, if the department doesn't know what makes you think the migration lawyer would know!! I met a migration lawyer and told me the same, however he mentioned to be cognitive about long period travels and repeated one per year and it all depends on the CO. 
cheers

Yes, I know this is frustrating and I heard that every CO is allowed to apply the law on a case to case basis which creates some inconsistencies. However, I felt obliged to warn people based on the knowledge and experience by people in the similar situation, because this is precisely one of the reasons why there is a 2 years backlog of applications. You see, we need to help each other to be ready for the worse case scenario. Sometimes it is a matter of calculating it right, a simple mistake that can cost people a lot of time and grey hair. There was no case known that would get any questions about travel if they were offshore for less than 28 days but there are many cases that were asked to explain why they don’t meet the requirement of 730 days in the regional and those were the ones with offshore period of longer than 28 days. If you search back you’ll see a couple of those who were offshore for mere 29 days and got asked about it, their entire time being deducted and experiencing now a 2 month delay and perhaps more if CO will not be satisfied. Even if there is no solid answer, it is up to the applicant to take the risk or not and up to us as a community to simply warn them about the matter. I hope everyone gets it after an inquiry, but I even more so I wish for everyone to get a direct grant because it helps everyone in this group.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, hys887 said:

Having read this: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#Eligibility, I believe you can include her when applying for 887, even she'd be on bridging visa. And no, she doesn't need to be in regional given you're the main applicant.

Thanks for your advice, 

Can you also please confirm, what would happen to her 489 subsequent entrant visa application if 887 is granted?

8 hours ago, jasmin FR said:

Dear All seniors,

Please advise me for the below scenario, I have been answered for this question several times. I have given the below information more than 3 times.

Personal particulars for character assessment - - incomplete, Address for the past 10 years

Hi,

Sorry I don't get your qn. Can you explain more and see if I can help

9 hours ago, jasmin FR said:

Dear All seniors,

Hi @jasmin FR

I believe it means you have not fully provided your address for the last 10 years. In the option for address, try ensure it all adds up even if you lived in a place for a few months you have to add it all.

For example You lived regional for 2 years : 01 Aug 2018 - Current

then you have to provide details for the last 8 years even if it is outside of Australia. I hope this helps?

Direct Grant 🤗

Applied - 26/03/2020

Received - 11/08/2020

Co - Lyndal 

* Had travelled for 25 days once (I didn’t count them extra)

*Moved nominated state

*School declaration for functional English 

This forum was really helpful. Thanks & wish you all to get your grant soon.🥂🥂

• Like 4