887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 9/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, TAS887 said:

Hi, 

from the knowledge I have I can suggest you the following; however, you may want to confirm this with someone.

As you wife was the primary applicant for 489 Visa and she came to Australia on 10 Dec 2018 so you 2 years complete on 10 Dec 2020 but,

as you were out of country for more than 28 Days you need to cover all those days; However; if you look at your travel date.

29th November 2019 to 10 December 2019 is 11 Days so you have less than 28 days for 1st year

10 DEC 2019 to 1 Jan 2020 for 2nd year is 20 days so you also have less than 28 days. So you may not need to cover those days.

You may want to confirm with an agent or you could write a letter of explanation  stating what I just said up about breakdown of your holidays and upload it in other Docs.

good luck m8

Thank you for your valuable comments.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:19 PM, Leon said:

Hi all,

Looking for some insights / advice 🙂

We've received a request to undertake medical assessment for our son, 8 months old,  born in Australia.

The rest of us are fine as health assessment were previously done for the 489 visa. We are from the UK. 

The examination requested are:

501 - Medical Examination

719 - TB screening

I don't recall my eldest boy needing to take the TB screen back in England, just the 501 medical examination. (he was 4 months old then)

Is this a new requirement? Does it apply to babies born in Australia? 

From what I read, its either a blood test or a skin-prick Mantoux test. 

Has anyone else had request for TB screen for kids under 2 years old?

Thank you all in advance

Leon

This may be of help to others who have an otherwise straightforward 887 application.

Baby went for health examination (501) and BUPA confirmed that TB Screening (719) is not required for kids under 2 years old.

No blood test or skin prick test required. Got a refund.

Just checked on ImmiAccount, he's been granted health exemption 🙂

So just book your Bupa appointment and they will sort out any unnecessary tests.

Good luck to all

Leon

• Like 1

Congratulations for those who received the grants. I have applied in Dec 2019, CO requested for functional English in July 2020..submitted immediately and no response yet. Not sure how they look into the applications. Anyone has any update/info on how long would it take for the grant after the contact from CO ?

22 minutes ago, GC1 said:

Congratulations for those who received the grants. I have applied in Dec 2019, CO requested for functional English in July 2020..submitted immediately and no response yet. Not sure how they look into the applications. Anyone has any update/info on how long would it take for the grant after the contact from CO ?

Same here, applied on 19th Jan 2020, CO requested for daughter's medical submitted on 27th August not yet contact 

19 hours ago, GC1 said:

We also applied in dec 19 contact on 10 July granted on 19 august.. thanks 

hi friends just need a clarification. am living in albury(NSW) but working in wodonga (victoria) on 489 visa, both regional area but different states. when am applying for 887 will that be a problem. Does anybody knows that anyone went into similar situation like me got their grant. 

11 hours ago, shaan09 said:

hi friends just need a clarification. am living in albury(NSW) but working in wodonga (victoria) on 489 visa, both regional area but different states. when am applying for 887 will that be a problem. Does anybody knows that anyone went into similar situation like me got their grant. 

No it wouldn't. I did same Albury/Wodonga and got granted 887 🙂

• Like 1