887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

15 hours ago, deftown said:

Hi zarah,

I'm also in the same boat. My wife came here last July. And our 489 visa is going to get expire on March 2018. I'm gonna apply for 887 this year November. My question is if the new law takes place then what happens to my wife visa which is going to expire by March 2018. Do i need to apply for 489 renewal for my wife? I'm tired with this visa.

Please help me
Thanks
Deftown

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

As per my knowledge...since you are going to apply for 887 this November, your wife will be granted a bridging visa automatically once her 489 expires, provided she must be in australia to grant a bridging visa...i dont think you should apply for a renewal!...

As per my knowledge...since you are going to apply for 887 this November, your wife will be granted a bridging visa automatically once her 489 expires, provided she must be in australia to grant a bridging visa...i dont think you should apply for a renewal!...

Hi msk

Thanks for your response. But the new rule says partner should also stay in regional area for 2 years. My wife will complete 17 months when I apply in November but I will complete 2 years by November. What to do here. Do I need to wait for my wife until she completes 2 years? She will complete 2 years by July 2018 and her visa expires in March 2018. What to do now?

mate

12 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi msk

Thanks for your response. But the new rule says partner should also stay in regional area for 2 years. My wife will complete 17 months when I apply in November but I will complete 2 years by November. What to do here. Do I need to wait for my wife until she completes 2 years? She will complete 2 years by July 2018 and her visa expires in March 2018. What to do now?

mate this is just my guess...i think you should wait until your wife also finishes the 2 year stay...because while you are applying, it will ask if there are any dependents? if you say yes and the dependent doesn't fulfill his/her conditions they will straight away reject the visa!If you want to apply early And if you do not add the dependent to your application...i dont think you can launch another separate application for her as a dependent as like the main applicants! So my guess is that you have to wait!

everybody is confused with these changes in rules! Its better you check with any MARA agent before you apply! else lets see what the forum members says!

Hi All,

We are on 489 visa with my husband and the 2 years living requirement will be completed in this year August.

My question is, does my husband as a second applicant need a new IELTS test? he did one when we applied for 489 visa.

My second question is, after we applied for the 887 visa living in SA 2 years, can we move to another state here is AU until we are waiting for our 887 visa?

Has anyone experience with this?

Thanks,

Barbara

14 minutes ago, msk said:

mate

mate this is just my guess...i think you should wait until your wife also finishes the 2 year stay...because while you are applying, it will ask if there are any dependents? if you say yes and the dependent doesn't fulfill his/her conditions they will straight away reject the visa!If you want to apply early And if you do not add the dependent to your application...i dont think you can launch another separate application for her as a dependent as like the main applicants! So my guess is that you have to wait!

everybody is confused with these changes in rules! Its better you check with any MARA agent before you apply! else lets see what the forum members says!

Thanks Bro,

Just give you a heads up, I got my 489 approved on March 2014 and it is valid until march 2018. I came to Australia on October 2015 and since then i stay here in regional area. Logically my wife and my kid cannot fulfil 2 years because i applied 489 Subsequent entrant visa last year and i got approved on June 2016. And their visa valid until march 2018 as like mine. How come they can live when the 489 subsequent entrant is not valid for 2 years?

I'm confused. 

On 09/06/2017 at 10:01 PM, NewGuest said:

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone knows about "Skilled Support" team. They contacted me asking for education and employment history since primary school. I dont know in what stage is my case and if case officer allocated or not.

Usually it's the case officer who requests this information and that in the form of-form 80 and 1223 which contains these questions.

Not sure in your case.

which visa have u applied..?

Hi all,

I applied from 8 Jan that means I completed 5 months and 5 days without allocation of an officer or getting grant although they finished January and already in the middle of February files.I tried to contact the immigration they don't know why my file still pending and they said I need to wait. Anybody had the same situation???

Thanks

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know my visa is granted.

Applied 11/2/17 granted: 14/6/17. No case officer no additional information request. Just a dierct grant.

Thanks all for the useful information in this forum.

Wishing you all get the letter quickly.

Cheers

43 minutes ago, Feb2017 said:

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know my visa is granted.

Applied 11/2/17 granted: 14/6/17. No case officer no additional information request. Just a dierct grant.

Thanks all for the useful information in this forum.

Cheers

Congratulation!

Today on 14th of June, I got my residency..

applied-12/01/2017

3rd May,1st CO-Form 80 and Medical for my son

10th May, 2nd CO- updated medical was sent.

7th June, 3rd CO-Wife's passport Bio pages (sent earlier) as well.

Everyone will get their grants soon.

I suggest to all people who are waiting for their 887 visa to be grant, please read the below information. They have explained really well in terms of " 2 years residency and 1 year work requirement." 

https://imminews.com.au/2017/02/23/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

Hope this will help to all of you to more understand about DIBP requirements for 887 visa. 

Good Luck. 

11 minutes ago, 12012017 said:

Today on 14th of June, I got my residency..

applied-12/01/2017

3rd May,1st CO-Form 80 and Medical for my son

10th May, 2nd CO- updated medical was sent.

7th June, 3rd CO-Wife's passport Bio pages (sent earlier) as well.

Everyone will get their grants soon.

Congratulation!

10 minutes ago, 27March17 said:

I suggest to all people who are waiting for their 887 visa to be grant, please read the below information. They have explained really well in terms of " 2 years residency and 1 year work requirement." 

https://imminews.com.au/2017/02/23/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

Hope this will help to all of you to more understand about DIBP requirements for 887 visa. 

Good Luck. 

Thanks mate,

It is a very useful ink :)

1 hour ago, BigZ said:

Hi all

Applied 29/1/17 granted: 14/6/17. No case officer no additional information request. Just a direct grant.

Thank God :) and Thanks all for the useful information in this forum.

Congratulations!! Best of luck :)

• Like 1

Hello all,

After searching the forum, I found those documents COs always ask about and make delays in visa grant.

please attach it (if apply) to increase your chance of a direct grant. 

Good luck :)

Residence Requirements

Lease Letter

Leases agreement

Bank Statement of Rent

Electricity Bills 

Telephone Bills

Mobile Bill

Bank Account -

Driver Licence -(Primary applicant)

Vehicle Registration Notice

Bank Account -

Driver Licence (Wife)

School Reports

Work requirements

Employment Letter of reference

Employment contract

Payslips

Tax Notice of Assessment

Tax Return Summary

Income Tax Receipt Details

PAYG payment summary

Superannuation Annual Statement

Bank Statement of Salary

Character requirements

Australia Police certificates - - (Primary applicant) (Wife) ( )

foreign Police certificates - - (Primary applicant) (Wife) ( )

Character Statutory Declaration - (Primary applicant) (Wife)

Form 80 - - (Primary applicant) (Wife) ( )

Resume - - (Primary applicant) (Wife) ( )

• Like 1