887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Sorry I uploaded the same photo I uploaded for 489 visa (eventhough it says photo has to be taken in past 6 months mine was nearly 3 years old)
I didnt upload the photos.. Where do they ask for it [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58] is it on the website

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Guys, please advise... 

I applied on 10th Sept..CO ask further docs (Wife PCC) on 10 Dec...uploaded on 5th January..Since then waiting.

My application showing "Health Examination required" which I haven't done yet and waiting for CO to ask for Medical. 

Question - Is my CO delaying my application because he is waiting for medical to be done?  

Dear All,

My scenario was, I have got my 489 15th Dec 2015 and lodged my 887 on 24th Dec 2017. During that times I have travel 4 times offshore.

1st time 15 days for Parent died

2nd time 14 days for work purpose

3rd time 18 days for Christmas personal holiday

4th times 14 days for work purpose

All together 61 days out of 739 days. So stayed 678 days in regional area.

After I got suggestion from Khan90 I have made appointment with Mark Northam Solicitor and migration agent (he is well reputed migration agent for 887 visa) and talk to him regarding my scenario and he said to me it’s okay.

On December 2017 prior lodging my application I have spoken to DIBP customer services they said its better to upload a travel explanation letter with cause and I have uploaded.

Today I have spoken again to DIBP customer services officer and he advised me that during staying in regional area short holiday doesn’t effect to lodge the 887 visa. He said, for example someone staying more the 3 to 4 months in overseas during 2 years requirement its doesn’t count for holiday. If someone staying in regional area, maintain his living and work commitment while travelling overseas for holiday purpose or work purpose will not effect.

It’s totally based on the applicant situation and circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky21232 said:

Guys, please advise... 

I applied on 10th Sept..CO ask further docs (Wife PCC) on 10 Dec...uploaded on 5th January..Since then waiting.

My application showing "Health Examination required" which I haven't done yet and waiting for CO to ask for Medical. 

Question - Is my CO delaying my application because he is waiting for medical to be done?  

Hey bro, did you select yes while filling form for health examination?  Or it just now showing yes for health examination? 

1 hour ago, nelakash said:

Dear All,

My scenario was, I have got my 489 15th Dec 2015 and lodged my 887 on 24th Dec 2017. During that times I have travel 4 times offshore.

1st time 15 days for Parent died

2nd time 14 days for work purpose

3rd time 18 days for Christmas personal holiday

4th times 14 days for work purpose

All together 61 days out of 739 days. So stayed 678 days in regional area.

After I got suggestion from Khan90 I have made appointment with Mark Northam Solicitor and migration agent (he is well reputed migration agent for 887 visa) and talk to him regarding my scenario and he said to me it’s okay.

On December 2017 prior lodging my application I have spoken to DIBP customer services they said its better to upload a travel explanation letter with cause and I have uploaded.

Today I have spoken again to DIBP customer services officer and he advised me that during staying in regional area short holiday doesn’t effect to lodge the 887 visa. He said, for example someone staying more the 3 to 4 months in overseas during 2 years requirement its doesn’t count for holiday. If someone staying in regional area, maintain his living and work commitment while travelling overseas for holiday purpose or work purpose will not effect.

It’s totally based on the applicant situation and circumstances.

Definition of short holiday is not clear to me. I talked to Immigration customer service for several times they always said short holiday doesn't have any effect. At the end its gonna be depends on Case officer. I have contact with mark as well, here is his response. 

Hi xxxxx -

Thanks for the note. I can't comment on your eligibility without seeing your documentation at a consultation, however generally speaking the there is a policy allowance of 3 weeks per year for an applicant to be outside Australia on vacation, etc while still maintaining a residence in Australia, and the 3 weeks per year is not deducted from the living in Australia time - ie, it's counted as time in Australia for purposes of the requirement of the 887 visa to live in the designated area for 2 years while holding the 489.Happy to discuss further at a consultation – please see http://mnvisa.com/consulting for more information or to book online.

Best regards,

Mark Northam

Anyways best of luck, let us know the updates. 

On 01/03/2018 at 1:52 PM, Russki said:

I call it GRANT SHOWER! :)

Applied CO Grant
AK 10/09/2017 12/12/2017 28/02/2018
WAF 12/09/2017 15/12/2017 28/02/2018
Fareena 15/09/2017   28/02/2018
NK17Sep17 17/09/2017 15/01/2018 28/02/2018
Syl & Swetha 18/09/2017 22/01/2018 28/02/2018
Kkang 21/09/2017 21/01/2018 28/02/2018

Hi ! How are you! I have applied 887 on 24 Sep, 2017 and Co assigned on 6 Feb, asked for more documents and submitted on 14 feb 2017. Still waiting for the golden mail. Can anyone tell how long it takes for co to grant.

20 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Hey bro, did you select yes while filling form for health examination?  Or it just now showing yes for health examination? 

Bro... I have selected NO. it just now showing yes for health examination.

And when CO asked for wife PCC, he did't ask for Medical... I'm bit confused.

1 minute ago, Haimu said:

Hi ! How are you! I have applied 887 on 24 Sep, 2017 and Co assigned on 6 Feb, asked for more documents and submitted on 14 feb 2017. Still waiting for the golden mail. Can anyone tell how long it takes for co to grant.

Hi Haimu,

Very similar timeline - applied for 887 on 25 September 2017, CO assigned 7 February 2018, asking for more documents. I have now been waiting for 3 weeks, hopefully, another 3-4 weeks and we get the grant! :) But it is hard to predict sometimes... Some people waited from CO to grant for 14 weeks and longer. It depends.

2 hours ago, ricky21232 said:

Guys, please advise... 

If its 887 then no need to get health assesment and have you heard back yet?? 

1 hour ago, Haimu said:

Ruskki!! 

Thanks for reply but I thought average waiting time is 6 weeks. I badly needed the grant.

Yeah, I hear you. :) You get so fed up with your life being on hold. It's like we are in limbo. Neither here, nor there... Don't worry, the immigration officers seem to have speeded up lately, so I hope we get our grants soon - and freedom to get on with our lives. :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rajan said:

Hi. 

Applied on 8 Aug 2017

Co assign on 1 Nov 2017 asked for few doc.

Still waiting . 

Hi Rajan,  who is your CO and what your health examination  on immiaccount says. Does it says that you required health examination or says not required?

Actually we are on the same boat and my immiaccount says health examination required. So am worried if CO is delaying due to medical. 

11 minutes ago, Russki said:

Yeah, I hear you. :) You get so fed up with your life being on hold. It's like we are in limbo. Neither here, nor there... Don't worry, the immigration officers seem to have speeded up lately, so I hope we get our grants soon - and freedom to get on with our lives. :)

Hi Russki, 

Just want to know if everyone health examination section on immiaccount says that examination required or it's just me. Do we need to do medical for 887?

7 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Hi Russki, 

Just want to know if everyone health examination section on immiaccount says that examination required or it's just me. Do we need to do medical for 887?

Hi SK10,

Mine says "Health examination is completed" or something like that. No, I don't think it is required in my case... have you checked with immigration? Or your CO? O.o

4 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi SK10,

Mine says "Health examination is completed" or something like that. No, I don't think it is required in my case... have you checked with immigration? Or your CO? O.o

Hi Russki,

Thank you for reply.  I thought, in application there was a question have you taken health examination in last one year which I answered as no and put no hap I'd, that's why it's showing.  Have you done the same?

Is there some way to speak to CO? Mine is Sophie.