887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello to all, 

I have been silent follower of this forum from last few months. 

i have applied for 887 on 3/11/2017. According to the updates in this forum, i still have to wait for 3 - 4 weeks minimum. 

i have question to very helpful users of this forum, i am travelling overseas end of this month and i will let immigaration know by my immi account about my travel plans.

if i will be overseas and CO will be ready to give decision on my application, can i expect CO to e-mail me and ask me to return to Australia ? or will he skip my turn ? should i be worried that CO can reject my application because i wont be in Australia? 

Furthermore, i have rang immigaration last week and i been told my skilled migration team that if i wont be in Australia when CO ready to give decision then CO will send me an e-mail and will ask me to come back to Australia.

Please advice me on this situation.

Thanks heaps

Raman

12 hours ago, Arifin said:

I applied on 14 November,till now status received.Can you inform me anyone,when my application will be processed.

Hi Arifin,

according to current trend on forum, we can expect to get our visa/co allocation by approx 4 months and 26 days from the time we submit out application.

9 hours ago, Raman_ 3rd Nov 2017 said:

Hello to all, 

I have been silent follower of this forum from last few months. 

i have applied for 887 on 3/11/2017. According to the updates in this forum, i still have to wait for 3 - 4 weeks minimum. 

i have question to very helpful users of this forum, i am travelling overseas end of this month and i will let immigaration know by my immi account about my travel plans.

if i will be overseas and CO will be ready to give decision on my application, can i expect CO to e-mail me and ask me to return to Australia ? or will he skip my turn ? should i be worried that CO can reject my application because i wont be in Australia? 

Furthermore, i have rang immigaration last week and i been told my skilled migration team that if i wont be in Australia when CO ready to give decision then CO will send me an e-mail and will ask me to come back to Australia.

Please advice me on this situation.

Thanks heaps

Raman

Hi Raman, I'm on same boat as you (Applied 2nd week of Nov) . I'm travelling this week and will be back early April. When I checked with Immi department, They advised me to email the GSM team 10 about my travel details and reason so they will hold I return back to Aus. I saw a forum member was contacted by CO while they were overseas and asking for the reason of travel. It's risk to travel without informing them. 

11 hours ago, DarDec said:

Expired Passports

Just quick question.

Wife and I have renewed our passports after we got the 489 grant and we used our new passports to enter Aus. I have updated new passport nos; under the personal details  on immi account also.

I am wondering still should I upload our old passports. What do you guys reckon.

Thanks in advance

I have renewed my passport after 489. I have attached the old passport as well, In case they get confused :) 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ruben said:

Hi Raman, I'm on same boat as you (Applied 2nd week of Nov) . I'm travelling this week and will be back early April. When I checked with Immi department, They advised me to email the GSM team 10 about my travel details and reason so they will hold I return back to Aus. I saw a forum member was contacted by CO while they were overseas and asking for the reason of travel. It's risk to travel without informing them. 

Hi Ruben, Thank you for replying.

i was going to notify them by immi account, could you please send me a e-mail address for GSM TEAM 10. i will also e-mail them.

Thank you Mate. 

20 hours ago, Pomology said:

Surprising....So, your case isn't open yet? I got a newbron as well but he got 489 back in June 2017 and I applied 887 in Oct 17. Not sure as to if they'll allocate CO first and request docs?

Hi Pomology,

Did you do medical for your newborn?

2 hours ago, Raman_ 3rd Nov 2017 said:

Hi Ruben, Thank you for replying.

i was going to notify them by immi account, could you please send me a e-mail address for GSM TEAM 10. i will also e-mail them.

Thank you Mate. 

Hi Raman, you can email them with your travel details, Adelaide.gsm.team10@homeaffairs.gov.au. I have called again Immi department today , the person on the phone mentioned they will put travel note on my file so CO will be aware.