887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

9 hours ago, Viky said:

HI FRIENDS, finally the wait is over. I got the grant. Thank you so much for the help. I’ll pray for all who are waiting since very long time. Please lodge the complaint. 

Applied on 17/11/2017

First CO: 8/05/2018 asked for lease agreement 

Second CO: 15/06/2018 baby’s formal medical report from GP

Third CO: 21/08/2018 medical examination from immigration 

25/10/2018 : lodge complaints

29/10/2018 : finally got the golden email. Got the grant CO Dat

Congrats viky 

7 hours ago, Samm said:

Hi guys just few question

i have one medical bill outstanding of public hospital run by state govt I am worried even though I have installment plan with them is it considered  a commonwealth debt?

where I can find my visa number vevo only say visa grant number? Need it where it says do you currently hold visa and then ask for details.

should I include non migrating family members in other family members or in non accompanying members?

Hi @Samm, not sure about the bill being an outstanding debt to Commonwealth, but you can find out by calling the Australian Government Department of Finance on +61 2 6215 2222 (switchboard). 🙂 If you find out that it is classed as debt, you can just submit on immi account a statutory declaration explaining that you are paying it off and you have a repayment schedule (attach a schedule signed by hospital or some other proof). Should be no trouble. Of course, it is best not to have any debt at all during application... 😉 

I am assuming, visa grant number is the visa number? Guys? 

In non-migrating family members only include your spouse and children who are not migrating with you. Your siblings and parents will go into "others". With family definitions it is always confusing, you just have to remember that your family for migration purposes is only you, your wife/husband and your kids. That's all. The rest of your family is "others". 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sw1 said:

Congrats to all who have recently got granted PR.

I've followed suit and lodged a complaint via the IMMI website. Hopefully that will help with a good & prompt outcome!

Hi mate. Whom did you write the complaint and what was the matter of complaint? Can you please share? 

13 hours ago, Viky said:

re: the Processing Times being extended and I was not accepting the 12 - 15 months time line for processing when it was 6 to 8 months when I first applied and in my mind that the visa processing timelines were being missed in my opinion.

Thanks...

Morning guys, good luck to everyone waiting for today! 🙂 🤗 I got an acknowledgement for my complaint today, standard email, but still was good to receive it.

Just a reminder, please circulate our petition, it has almost 650 signatures now, with every signature it is getting stronger. Hopefully, we are making a difference already. 🙂 

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months-for-90-of-applications

Also, for those who feel generous, we can donate $3 or more to the Change.org for our petition (I did three times now). What it does, it advertises the petition to wider circle of people, in other words, it becomes more "visible" to others outside our group. But of course it is up to you! 🙂 🙂 To donate, click on "Promote this petition" red button on the petition page. Easy! 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Samm said:

i have one medical bill outstanding of public hospital run by state govt I am worried even though I have installment plan with them is it considered  a commonwealth debt?

where I can find my visa number vevo only say visa grant number? Need it where it says do you currently hold visa and then ask for details.

should I include non migrating family members in other family members or in non accompanying members?

Thanks.

Hey Samm, 

I had a similar situation when I applied for my PR, that is, outstanding medical bill with a public hospital. I disclosed it in my application and provided proof in the form of a bank statement, showing that I was making regular payments towards the debt. That sufficed and COs never touched on the subject. 

Good luck mate!! 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Viky said:

HI FRIENDS, finally the wait is over. I got the grant. Thank you so much for the help. I’ll pray for all who are waiting since very long time. Please lodge the complaint. 

Applied on 17/11/2017

First CO: 8/05/2018 asked for lease agreement 

Second CO: 15/06/2018 baby’s formal medical report from GP

Third CO: 21/08/2018 medical examination from immigration 

25/10/2018 : lodge complaints

29/10/2018 : finally got the golden email. Got the grant CO Dat

congrats

11 hours ago, Samm said:

Thanks.

it is considered a debt to commonwealth , but if you have a payment plan just submit a certified copy , you would be fine.

5 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi @Samm, not sure about the bill being an outstanding debt to Commonwealth, but you can find out by calling the Australian Government Department of Finance on +61 2 6215 2222 (switchboard). 🙂 If you find out that it is classed as debt, you can just submit on immi account a statutory declaration explaining that you are paying it off and you have a repayment schedule (attach a schedule signed by hospital or some other proof). Should be no trouble. Of course, it is best not to have any debt at all during application... 😉 

I am assuming, visa grant number is the visa number? Guys? 

In non-migrating family members only include your spouse and children who are not migrating with you. Your siblings and parents will go into "others". With family definitions it is always confusing, you just have to remember that your family for migration purposes is only you, your wife/husband and your kids. That's all. The rest of your family is "others". 🙂 🙂 

Thanks Russki God bless you. I will ring the department of finance.

3 hours ago, alexoir said:

Hey Samm, 

I had a similar situation when I applied for my PR, that is, outstanding medical bill with a public hospital. I disclosed it in my application and provided proof in the form of a bank statement, showing that I was making regular payments towards the debt. That sufficed and COs never touched on the subject. 

Good luck mate!! 

Thanks. So should I say yes at both application and in form 80.It is a big bill and I consulted with one registered migration agent he said hospital under state govt is not commonwealth debt.