887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Though we dont' know which party could win on May, but through both party's facebook, they are seen to boost their polices and initiaves for each's favour. Leave  comments, listen the voices here! We are patient enough!!!!! 

We are skilled migrants with good documentary, and we had been waiting for 489 for several months before 887's application. It's evident that we have been living as honest human beings in regional areas for more than two years!!! There's less concern than new applicants !!!!! Less complex circumstances around us!!! Only achievements made!!!!! We do what we could do already. It's not a shame to be accepted------ this is kind of recognization, also is an commitment!!!!! Or otherwise why would they send out 489s? ???  We don't like this game!!!  Even new subclass visa is going to take place, but it's not the reason doing nothing with queuing applicants. Really wasting tax payer's money! !!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Russki said:

Congrats on your visa! 🙂 

I opened my bank account very easily, no fee, from the UK. I used NAB (National Australia bank). But I believe most of Australian banks do it nowadays. I am sticking with NAB, no monthly fees, good service (even though it had some not great publicity of late, it is still the best, I find, for everyday simple banking).

You can open an account from abroad and transfer your money into the account straight away. But you will pick up your card from the chosen branch only on arrival. So try to choose the branch close to your arrival destination.  🙂 

[A BIT OF ADVERTISEMENT, SORRY]:

Check out TransferWise for transferring money from abroad. Their rates are the best I have seen. 🙂 Maybe, other members can advise of other good transfer options?

Thankyou RusskikV-IsMyShortName and all other members for helping and guiding me;) I am grateful to you guys:) I hope all you are waiting get your grant asap and have a new journey which is unbounded.

Just 1 last question - can someone recommend a good medicare (economical+good), I am specifically looking for a medicare which covers maternity expenses for new migrants.

Thankyou:)

20 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi Joshua,

u are little bit mistaken. Babies under 6 months do not require medical test as per immi. Just letter from hospital or GP is more than enough to get visa. But if your baby more than 6 months or less than one year , it's up to immi. Sometimes they ask to sign consent form and they have access to babies' records from Docter or hospital And sometimes they ask for medical test as we do ours.

secondly, you don't need to apply 489 visa for baby . Just you need to submit a form of changes , birth certificate and passport. Then you will get 489 visa and later you can add ur baby in 887 application.

Hi Ekam,

Thanks for your reply ,Babies under 6 months do not require medical test as per immi. Just letter from hospital or GP is more than enough to get visa, what is this VISA you meaning? 887 or 489 visa?

I have waited 11 months for 887 visa, and my wife will give birth in July, so if we are not get grant before delivery , we need to apply passport in ours embassy , then submit fore 1436 (Adding an additional applicant  after lodgement ). Is that right? we don't need to apply 489 visa for newborn baby

thanks very much

2 hours ago, ASDFG said:

Thankyou RusskikV-IsMyShortName and all other members for helping and guiding me;) I am grateful to you guys:) I hope all you are waiting get your grant asap and have a new journey which is unbounded.

Just 1 last question - can someone recommend a good medicare (economical+good), I am specifically looking for a medicare which covers maternity expenses for new migrants.

Thankyou:)

For private Medicare I’ll recommend Bupa. Best for maternity if your membership is one year old they will cover 100%. But let’s look for other suggestion . I had Bupa n they cover 100% for my delivery. But during pregnancy your visit for mid wide they only cover 50-60%. . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Honey said:

For private Medicare I’ll recommend Bupa. Best for maternity if your membership is one year old they will cover 100%. But let’s look for other suggestion . I had Bupa n they cover 100% for my delivery. But during pregnancy your visit for mid wide they only cover 50-60%. . 

Agree with @Honey, BUPA is pretty good. 

The thing to remember while choosing private healthcare insurance is that people on 489 (that's us!) do not have a lot of choice. We are not "Australian residents" for the purpose of health insurance. We are "overseas visitors", until we get our Medicare card. This limits the choice of packages. Here BUPA rules. 🙂 😄 

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

sorry for the late update. Got blessed with the baby on 06.03.19 

and co contacted us on 09.03.19 requesting further information

a. Certified copies for evidence of work in Australia. 

now if somebody can guide me how to process further to get the baby on board on the application. I got to know from hospital that I have 60 days to register for baby’s birth which means I have till 6th May 2019 to register baby birth.I Was thinking if I submit work evidence documents and if I get a grant before 60 days and then register baby’s birth. Can this be done ??? 

As what I have read I need to submit birth certificate, passport for baby and I am guessing this will take longer than getting grant.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joshua.qj said:

Hi Ekam,

Thanks for your reply ,Babies under 6 months do not require medical test as per immi. Just letter from hospital or GP is more than enough to get visa, what is this VISA you meaning? 887 or 489 visa?

I have waited 11 months for 887 visa, and my wife will give birth in July, so if we are not get grant before delivery , we need to apply passport in ours embassy , then submit fore 1436 (Adding an additional applicant  after lodgement ). Is that right? we don't need to apply 489 visa for newborn baby

thanks very much

Hi,

1)i mean 489 visa.

2) yes , you have to apply passport for Bub in ur embassy which is pain.

3) I just added form  changes of circumstances and other supporting docs but you can add that too.

4) yes, you don't need to apply 489 visa. But make sure you add your baby asap in your Medicare otherwise it will give you more pain in case you need any medical assistance  for baby.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, Angos said:

Hi, 

now if somebody can guide me how to process further to get the baby on board on the application. I got to know from hospital that I have 60 days to register for baby’s birth which means I have till 6th May 2019 to register baby birth.I Was thinking if I submit work evidence documents and if I get a grant before 60 days and then register baby’s birth. Can this be done ??? 

As what I have read I need to submit birth certificate, passport for baby and I am guessing this will take longer than getting grant.

Hi Angos,

heartly congratulations.

please correct me everyone if I am wrong.

you cannot do this as you will be in big trouble. I know that process is too long and big pain . As per rules, you must let immigration department know if there is any changes in circumstances. Moreover, your baby will not have any legal status if you ll get grant within 60 days. So if you tell immi after grant about ur baby , the question will come that why you hide the information. You must inform immi asap.

yes, they will hold ur file until baby is not come on 887 application. But this is the appropriate way to go my friend.

one of my friend was late only 2 days to let them know ,later she had to apply first visitor visa for baby to get him on their own visa.

Again correct me if I am wrong. I am not expert , these are just my findings.

Thanks and enjoy your joy of buddle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone. Sorry out of track question but is there anyone who is applying/applied 887 from Perth regional area. As I have come across people in this forum who are mainly from Adelaide or nsw. Never seen any post from someone who is in Perth (WA) 

I am in Broome, WA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Angos said:

Hi, 

Hi Angos,

Congrats for new baby! I will probably be in your shoes. I’ve waited 12 months and new baby is coming soon... No doubt, the frustrating processing time really causes big trouble.

And I agree with Ekam about informing immi department of the newborn ASAP even without any paperwork. Make a call or emai something? Actually I don’t know. Then get all paperwork done and submit them. @Ekam Could you please show me where can I upload documents for newborn in immi account? Couldn’t find a proper place. I only know the way to mail everything to Adelaide team 10.

Hi everyone. Sorry out of track question but is there anyone who is applying/applied 887 from Perth regional area. As I have come across people in this forum who are mainly from Adelaide or nsw. Never seen any post from someone who is in Perth (WA) 
I have applied from Bunbury.
I have few others from here too.
April 1st week 2018.
I know one from January waiting. February granted last week and few others from May waiting too.
Not sure if they are here or not.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

Hi Angos,

Congrats for new baby! I will probably be in your shoes. I’ve waited 12 months and new baby is coming soon... No doubt, the frustrating processing time really causes big trouble.

And I agree with Ekam about informing immi department of the newborn ASAP even without any paperwork. Make a call or emai something? Actually I don’t know. Then get all paperwork done and submit them. @Ekam Could you please show me where can I upload documents for newborn in immi account? Couldn’t find a proper place. I only know the way to mail everything to Adelaide team 10.

56 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

Hi Angos,

6A7CF567-3A90-4812-A617-16C7760860BF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Butt said:

I have applied from Bunbury.
I have few others from here too.
April 1st week 2018.
I know one from January waiting. February granted last week and few others from May waiting too.
Not sure if they are here or not.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have applied from Mandurah.

8 hours ago, Angos said:

Hi, 

Congratulations dear n thank You for sharing update 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi @ricky21232, happy to see you here again! 🙂 But not happy you are still waiting... 😞 

This is terrible, I always look at yours and @SK10 record and hope to hear news about your grants every day!!!! My fingers crossed for you! 🍀

Hi Russki - Yeah, it sucks. Everyday is killing me. Immi. should have transparency, at least inform us reason for delay.  Can we explore some legal action, will it work?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ricky21232 said:

Hi Russki - Yeah, it sucks. Everyday is killing me. Immi. should have transparency, at least inform us reason for delay.  Can we explore some legal action, will it work?

Unfortunately, the law says that the immigration department is not bounded by any timeframes to process our visas, which is double sad. 😞 So there is not law to make them accountable for delays. the estimated processing times they are publishing on their website are just their service standard, it is not legally binding. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Russki said:
1 hour ago, Russki said:

Unfortunately, the law says that the immigration department is not bounded by any timeframes to process our visas, which is double sad. 😞 So there is not law to make them accountable for delays. the estimated processing times they are publishing on their website are just their service standard, it is not legally binding. 🙂 

@Russki  When i feel frustrated, i'll go to Julian Hill Mp's video and watch and really feel a bit relief. At lease he is the one in that position who can address a lecture in Parliament house attacking current visa processing department.  Even want to call them to talk about 887 visas,  not just citizenship cases. 887 visas is a thing  of humanitarian, of government's trust , of regional policy affects and our future!

Highlights info row image
(03) 9547 1444

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Angos said:

Hi, 

Hi Angos

Congrats for the baby and being contacted. Undoubtedly, you'll have to inform the department about your baby. You'll be in the queue now but it will be good for you in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2