887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

14 minutes ago, Nimmi said:

Hello.. i have applied in December 2017 still waiting for grant.. made complaint twice .. called them 100 times still nothing yet.. i am very frustrated.. any idea anyone else also applied in December and still waiting?

Have you never been contacted?

6 minutes ago, Nimmi said:

Hello.. i have applied in December 2017 still waiting for grant.. made complaint twice .. called them 100 times still nothing yet.. i am very frustrated.. any idea anyone else also applied in December and still waiting?

Hi @Nimmi! I applied in September 2017, so I know how frustrated you feel. I also called many times and they say "wait". 😞  

But now I at least know that the reason they take so long with some files is the the background checks, for example, they are trying to contact your previous employer or verifying other facts from your past, but your home country is not in a hurry to answer the query from the case officer and it takes so extra long. 🙂 

I am in the same trap as you and a few other members. Unfortunately, the immigration never asks applicants for help if they have difficulties checking something. Like, if you know your previous employer in your home country changed his business address and a phone number and you can advise your case officer about it, but the case officer probably will keep trying to ring the old number and you will have no clue about it. The case officer will be trying for months, and you will be wondering what the heck is taking them so long! 🙂 😄 That's the system. Not great, but what can we do?

• Like 2

It's not humanitarian, through we are trying to keep positive. We  have to be honest to ourselves, long time waiting is not good for health. I'll be collecting all information and see what else could do. Liberal now are having mounted pressure and will probably be gone soon.  More voices need to be passed onto government!!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi @Nimmi! I applied in September 2017, so I know how frustrated you feel. I also called many times and they say "wait". 😞  

But now I at least know that the reason they take so long with some files is the the background checks, for example, they are trying to contact your previous employer or verifying other facts from your past, but your home country is not in a hurry to answer the query from the case officer and it takes so extra long. 🙂 

I am in the same trap as you and a few other members. Unfortunately, the immigration never asks applicants for help if they have difficulties checking something. Like, if you know your previous employer in your home country changed his business address and a phone number and you can advise your case officer about it, but the case officer probably will keep trying to ring the old number and you will have no clue about it. The case officer will be trying for months, and you will be wondering what the heck is taking them so long! 🙂 😄 That's the system. Not great, but what can we do?

Hi Russki,

thank you for reply, this wait is killing.. hope we going to get our Grant soon..good luck to u too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russki said:

I applied in October 17.  Only 1 time contact in27/3/18.  Still waiting.

• Sad 4

16 minutes ago, ricky21232 said:

Hi Guys, I think I'm the oldest one here. Applied on 10th Sept 17. Only 1 time contact on 20 Dec 17 asked AFP  since then BIG SILENCE 🙂

Hi @ricky21232, happy to see you here again! 🙂 But not happy you are still waiting... 😞 

This is terrible, I always look at yours and @SK10 record and hope to hear news about your grants every day!!!! My fingers crossed for you! 🍀

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SINGH G said:

I applied in October 17.  Only 1 time contact in27/3/18.  Still waiting.

Hi Singh G, 

Can you think of anything for which they are waiting for? like new born baby, any medical condition, any other thing. 

Like same with me they contacted just one time and after that big silence. Thanks 

• Sad 3

22 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi @ricky21232, happy to see you here again! 🙂 But not happy you are still waiting... 😞 

This is terrible, I always look at yours and @SK10 record and hope to hear news about your grants every day!!!! My fingers crossed for you! 🍀

Hi Russki, 

Yeah, now sometime it is very difficult to manage anxiety, but what else we can do. How you are travelling? Hope you are doing good. Thanks

Just now, SK10 said:

Hi Russki, 

Yeah, now sometime it is very difficult to manage anxiety, but what else we can do. How you are travelling? Hope you are doing good. Thanks

Thanks mate! 🙂 I am trying to keep positive, but it is eating away at me every day. 🙂 

My family is waiting for me to visit them in Russia and I can't even book tickets for July, as I can't be sure that my visa will be granted by then, can't be sure of anything, it's hard.... 😞 

• Sad 7

14 hours ago, Sharky0903 said:

Hi Ekam,

How did you add new born on 489 in submitted 887 application? I thought it could be done with 489 at the same time by co with one form 1220 but not sure now. What if 489 expires before newborn and only BVA in validity? Could you explain more? Cause I may do it soon. Many thanks!

@Ranga @Anurag Could you please show me how to get new baby’s 489 and BVA at the same time? I understand you have the experience. Please kindly reply. Really appreciate it!

Hi Sharkey,

i submitted only form of changes circumstances , birth certificate , passport copy and his health certificate via immi account. That's it, nothing else. Got visa for bub after one month and added by CO on 887 on same day when when visa granted.

i am not sure about after expiry 489 visa, how it will work but my understanding says u only need to put baby on 887 visa as that is the only status you will be holding. I hope it helps.

thanks

15 minutes ago, Ekam said:

Hi Sharkey,

i submitted only form of changes circumstances , birth certificate , passport copy and his health certificate via immi account. That's it, nothing else. Got visa for bub after one month and added by CO on 887 on same day when when visa granted.

i am not sure about after expiry 489 visa, how it will work but my understanding says u only need to put baby on 887 visa as that is the only status you will be holding. I hope it helps.

thanks

Thank you Ekam! That’s more than helpful. You made it very clear.

Good luck!

• Like 1