887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

That’s too bad! I don’t want to be negative but looks the immi department doesn’t care about our voice at all and they can do anything to us at will. 🙂

Since such a situation, I’d like to move to Sydney once my bridging visa comes into effect. I don’t want to waste more time waiting for PR in regional area. I understand some guys did this based on “ no condition” on BV. But some people insist on moving with pr. Guys please kindly comment.Can I do it?

No until you got pr. Bridging visa is exactly the same with your previous 489 visa for work and living condition. I cant find the link saying that but I know it's correct.👍

10 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Remember that there is a waiting period before you can benefit from private medical aid for larger expenses such as pregnancy and delivery costs. You would have to be on the plan for at least 12 to 24 months, so would not be able to arrive and expect to be covered for pregnancy after 1 month.

Bupa can waive off waiting period if you submit your overseas Medicare stating that it covers all the medical expenses. Cheers 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vinh said:

No until you got pr. Bridging visa is exactly the same with your previous 489 visa for work and living condition. I cant find the link saying that but I know it's correct.👍

Hi mates,

I have already moved to Metropolitan since last  November after 3 or 4 phone calls to the department (different officer) where their replies were almost the same: (as you are saying there are now no conditions on your bridging visa (VEVO), then you may proceed to (live and work) as per these new "No conditions"!) Non of them had given me any word (or impression) of objection to the intended move.

I also sent email to the department (Team 10) with reminder (one week gap) to get their (no objection) or comments on my intention to move. but as usual, no response yet 🙂

below is the content of the Reminder!

[Dear Madam/Sir, 

Good day!

Following to my below notice (email) sent since one week, I would like to confirm that I have already received the Job offer and have been requested to join the company located in !!!!!!!!!! on 15th November 2018.

Since I have not yet received any response to my below inquiry, I hereby record that we are going to proceed with the move next week, considering your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that there are no requirements/procedures that we (Names of the family members!!!!!!!) need to follow for moving to metropolitan area at this stage.

Moreover, we also consider your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that this move has no impact on processing our 887 application.

If you have any comment/clarification on the above, let us know, please 

Yours faithfully]

This is my own experience that may not apply to others, but i am sharing it for the sake of guidance that may help somebody in need!

Applied 12 Feb. 2018, finger crossed!

Regards

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nimmi said:

Sorry for long long message..

Guys i have a question.. when i was on 489 visa i was living with my friend for 6 months.. all the bills and lease agreement was under his name..after having a disput with friend i moved to another place..then after we are not in  touch. 

Friend is unable to give statutory declarations for my stay with him..so is that ok if i write stat dec by saying i lived with friend  for perticular time frame and not in good terms so he will not be able to confirm but i have bank statements and super  annuation to confirm my stat at that property ?

you can write a stat deceleration and submit, my mate did the same, he was working in remote area, moved back to city.

At the time  he was applying for 887 he gave a stat dec, otherwise he had to drive 400km to get a letter from his landlord.

Already got his visa.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sharky0903 said:

That’s too bad! I don’t want to be negative but looks the immi department doesn’t care about our voice at all and they can do anything to us at will. 🙂

Since such a situation, I’d like to move to Sydney once my bridging visa comes into effect. I don’t want to waste more time waiting for PR in regional area. I understand some guys did this based on “ no condition” on BV. But some people insist on moving with pr. Guys please kindly comment.Can I do it?

10 minutes ago, Raed said:

Hi mates,

I have already moved to Metropolitan since last  November after 3 or 4 phone calls to the department (different officer) where their replies were almost the same: (as you are saying there are now no conditions on your bridging visa (VEVO), then you may proceed to (live and work) as per these new "No conditions"!) Non of them had given me any word (or impression) of objection to the intended move.

I also sent email to the department (Team 10) with reminder (one week gap) to get their (no objection) or comments on my intention to move. but as usual, no response yet 🙂

This is my own experience that may not apply to others, but i am sharing it for the sake of guidance that may help somebody in need!

Regards

Qui tacet consentire videtur, it means he who is silent is understood to consent. Silence means consent.

I agree with Raed. The details and conditions expressly stated/written on the grant of bridging visa (from 489) should be the authoritative information.

In our case if nobody complains about our predicament, then it must be understood that we're not bothered by counting the (agonising and seemingly endless) days until our 887 grants arrive.

🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sihab said:

Hi friends. Just need your help. I will apply for 887 end of march 2019. Could anyone pls help me for Phone bill or electricity bill.

Do i need to upload for 2 years?

All the utility bills i.e. Gas, Electricity, Phone or Broadband has to be for 2 years.

Good morning - in furtherance to my note few days back; i finally filed 887 (2 days back). New thing which my MARA consultant asked for was to update your home country identification and in my case it was Aadhar Card/No. As per him this latest thing CO's are asking for. I just thought of sharing here for everyone's benefit, in case you already know then please ignore my note🙏

1 hour ago, Raed said:

Hi mates,

[Dear Madam/Sir, 

Good day!

Following to my below notice (email) sent since one week, I would like to confirm that I have already received the Job offer and have been requested to join the company located in !!!!!!!!!! on 15th November 2018.

Since I have not yet received any response to my below inquiry, I hereby record that we are going to proceed with the move next week, considering your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that there are no requirements/procedures that we (Names of the family members!!!!!!!) need to follow for moving to metropolitan area at this stage.

Moreover, we also consider your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that this move has no impact on processing our 887 application.

Yours faithfully]

Regards

Hi Raed, have your Bridging visa come into effect?

1 hour ago, Raed said:

Hi mates,

[Dear Madam/Sir, 

Good day!

Yours faithfully]

Regards

If it is the case, wishing you get the pr sooner. There are thousands of people with their 489 to be expired in a couple days. Once we jump to bridging visa with no conditions and the government's waiting game is far from over to hold us back.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Dee said:

Good morning - in furtherance to my note few days back; i finally filed 887 (2 days back). New thing which my MARA consultant asked for was to update your home country identification and in my case it was Aadhar Card/No. As per him this latest thing CO's are asking for. I just thought of sharing here for everyone's benefit, in case you already know then please ignore my note🙏

It has always requested home country identification in Form 80

14 hours ago, Honey said:

Yeah, I asked them what do this ("Low volume of applicant)" mean on the website. They said there are uncountable files so we are not sure what time they will be processed. I said its very very confusing statement on the website. These guys are so rude in response. 

So, just wait? 

13 hours ago, Chopsan said:

Quick question : If I have run out of space of 60 documents and have uploaded my documents in my family document section then do I have to inform immi via email or will CO automatically come to know

They will know,  as this is what they advise to do anyway. They say,  if you reached the limit for documents  under your name,  just attached the rest in your other applicants'  section. 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Russki said:

They will know,  as this is what they advise to do anyway. They say,  if you reached the limit for documents  under your name,  just attached the rest in your other applicants'  section. 🙂

But ill advice to reduce number of document by combining multiple document in 1. For example 12 salary slips in one pdf.

all passport pages in one pdf.etc etc.

• Like 1

After 400 days, reading 600+ pages of this Forum and congratulating around 100+ applicants it's time to be on the receiving side.

Yes, champion Sophorn did it 10 mins back. Came from holidays and banged three mails in my inbox saying "Go n enjoy your PR".

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

After 400 days, reading 600+ pages of this Forum and congratulating around 100+ applicants it's time to be on the receiving side.
Yes, champion Sophorn did it 10 mins back. Came from holidays and banged three mails in my inbox saying "Go n enjoy your PR".

Congratulation mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

Congrats!! Sophorn keeps going! we are counting on her now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

***Drum rolls please***

Just received the most awaited email of my life

I have been granted PR for me and my family

Thank you everyone for all support

I applied on 12th Feb and this is DIRECT GRANT

I did everything to get but the last thing I did this morning was blood donation in Red Cross

And yes CO is Sophorn

• Like 17