887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Dear everyone,

Could you please help me with this problem?

as far as I understand from reading your posts It seems  that case officers are requesting police checks from every country you have visited eventhough the length of your stays is just for few weeks.

My nationality is Vietnamese and I have applied for police check in my country already 

However I have visited Japan and New Zealand during the past two years ( 8 days in Japan and 5 days in New Zealand), do I have to apply for police checks from those countries too?

8 minutes ago, Vien said:

Dear everyone,

Could you please help me with this problem?

as far as I understand from reading your posts It seems  that case officers are requesting police checks from every country you have visited eventhough the length of your stays is just for few weeks.

My nationality is Vietnamese and I have applied for police check in my country already 

However I have visited Japan and New Zealand during the past two years ( 8 days in Japan and 5 days in New Zealand), do I have to apply for police checks from those countries too?

Hi Vien,

As long as you didn't mention anythings about visiting other countries in the past, you dont worry about making new police checks for those countries. My suggesstions here: 

+ Never mention in form 80, form 1221...

+ Never take photos of passport pages showing your overseas visits.

+ Never take working experience overseas if not necessary...

And many things more that Case officer can look into anyone can suggest here???

20 minutes ago, Vinh said:

Hi Vien,

As long as you didn't mention anythings about visiting other countries in the past, you dont worry about making new police checks for those countries. My suggesstions here: 

+ Never mention in form 80, form 1221...

+ Never take photos of passport pages showing your overseas visits.

+ Never take working experience overseas if not necessary...

And many things more that Case officer can look into anyone can suggest here???

I have submitted my application since March 2018 and it has been almost one year of waiting for case officers to open my file. I have mentioned all my trips in form 80 also.

hi Vien,

If you haven't come back to Vietnam, you dont need to renew your local police check there.

I mean during the time you been staying here in Australia, you have flew in and flew out to other countries, and you reckon that CO knew that through your submitted docs, you better register for these foreign police checks.

I have submitted my application since March 2018 and it has been almost one year of waiting for case officers to open my file. I have mentioned all my trips in form 80 also.
I believe if we have stayed more than one year at some place or if we visit our home country then they can request.
I dont think so that they will request in case of 5 days or 8 days.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi All,

I live with my brother with free rent and utilities for about 2 years now. I wonder how could I prove my 2 years living in Australia. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Also, I plan to have my brother write me a statutory declaration. I wonder how the content should be. Is there anyone done this before and can you please share the template.

Thank you,

9 hours ago, Vien said:

any short trips like those shouldnt be mentioned in form 80. the main point for form 80 get to know where were you living in past 10 years. any mention about short trips like visit for holiday do not make any sense. 🙂

8 hours ago, Hewitt Tan said:

Hi All,

I live with my brother with free rent and utilities for about 2 years now. I wonder how could I prove my 2 years living in Australia. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Also, I plan to have my brother write me a statutory declaration. I wonder how the content should be. Is there anyone done this before and can you please share the template.

Thank you,

get the Sat Dec from any one that can write down for you, showing that you are living or were living in there for time to time!

1 hour ago, Chopsan said:

First day after 887 grant and it is feeling very different and very nice. I pray to god that you all get the grants without any hassles and without any delay as I know what pain is of waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Chopsan
congrats on your grant and im sure it would be an awesome  feeling. Just wanted to ask will you be applying for FTB A? if so then please update us if you were eligible etc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rangana said:

When I apply 887 visa for me, wife and daughter, form 956 & 956a need to fill? If so, who is exempt person and who is the client? 

Hi @Rangana, those two forms are used only if you have a MARA agent or an immigration lawyer applying on your behalf. If you are applying for 887 by yourself, you do not need to to fill those forms, I believe. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Chopsan said:

First day after 887 grant and it is feeling very different and very nice. I pray to god that you all get the grants without any hassles and without any delay as I know what pain is of waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dear

Can anyone please share filled form 1221 while rubbing your details.

its very confusion to fill question like 

What is the general purpose of your journey/further stay?

Give details of dependents/family members travelling to Australia with you

we already here don't know what to fill here

1 minute ago, Honey said:

Hi Dear

Can anyone please share filled form 1221 while rubbing your details.

its very confusion to fill question like 

What is the general purpose of your journey/further stay?

Give details of dependents/family members travelling to Australia with you

we already here don't know what to fill here

Purpose of Visit is "Migration"

and just fill in your family who is part of 887

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Russki said:

I'd say yes. 🙂 They asked me for PCC for just a 4 weeks visit to the country. @Raed has been asked for just one week. 😮 And another member was asked for a new Irish PCC after 3 months holiday in Ireland.

I Not even applied for my home country PCC. Is that ok if I submit the PCC after few months? I applied for 887 this month only.

I have to get the PCC from another 3 countries also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPK said:

I Not even applied for my home country PCC. Is that ok if I submit the PCC after few months? I applied for 887 this month only.

I guess thats fine. Just so that you know I am also applying for PCC and AFP in May so that it stays valid.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MPK said:

Yes, will be fine! 🙂 You can add police certificates any time from now.

I have noticed, for just short tourist visits they seem not to ask for police clearance, but if you go back to your home country to stay, even for 4 weeks, or if you work in the country for a short while, they tend to ask... 🙂  

Just now, Russki said:

It was actually someone else who added you, but you are welcome! 😄 😄 😄 A few of us, old members, are keeping an eye on our spreadsheet. 🙂 

O alright 😀 so anyone who did that; appreciate your help; thank you so much🙏

• Like 1