887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Nov16,

I applied on 1st November 2016.

After that They asked on 1st march to resubmit police clearance as i have wrongly submitted standard disclosure.

later i have submitted comprehensive disclousure.

Now my application status is "assessment in Progress" and "This application is currently being assessed".

What does it mean?

G'day Everybody..!

Kind of desperated as my case officer haven't responded to the document request which I have made on 14th February. Anyway quick question to the guys those who are on top of the table,

* are you guys still active members in this forum or;

* any of you got the final grant but haven't passed that information to update the table in this forum or;

* are you been requested further information but still awaiting for specific documents to submit (scenarios such as waiting for overseas police clearance)?

I am bit curious that Immi web site clearly mentioned that 887 visa subclass is processing in the order in which they are received, See the link below;

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/8

According to the table in this forum that evidently break that Immi statement as some applicant have been received their grant those who are applied even few weeks after I lodged my application. Is this possible if their processing method is 'First In First Out'?

Cheers Guys

Edited by 24Nov2015

Hi Nov16,

I applied on 1st November 2016.

After that They asked on 1st march to resubmit police clearance as i have wrongly submitted standard disclosure.

later i have submitted comprehensive disclousure.

Now my application status is "assessment in Progress" and "This application is currently being assessed".

What does it mean?

hi sakya...

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa%20

check in this site once ur status may be it will be helpful for u

Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread for a while now since I was on 489.

Have recently been granted 887 and below is the timeline:

Granted visa 489: 14 Nov 2013

Applied for visa 887: 15 Nov 2015

Granted visa 887: 09 Mar 2016

All I did was following the prompts and steps to complete the online application form, submitted application, then attached evidence required like proof of employment & police clearance.

Did not get a case officer - it was a direct grant. For people who have been waiting for a long time - don't stress out and be patient!

My friend was granted his visa after a 5 months wait and I waited for 4 months. He had a CO and I didn't. Every one is different!

G'day Everybody..!

Kind of desperated as my case officer haven't responded to the document request which I have made on 14th February. Anyway quick question to the guys those who are on top of the table,

* are you guys still active members in this forum or;

* any of you got the final grant but haven't passed that information to update the table in this forum or;

* are you been requested further information but still awaiting for specific documents to submit (scenarios such as waiting for overseas police clearance)?

I am bit curious that Immi web site clearly mentioned that 887 visa subclass is processing in the order in which they are received, See the link below;

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/8

According to the table in this forum that evidently break that Immi statement as some applicant have been received their grant those who are applied even few weeks after I lodged my application. Is this possible if their processing method is 'First In First Out'?

Cheers Guys

Still waiting. ....will complete my 6 months next week....hope to get it by then.....

Still waiting. ....will complete my 6 months next week....hope to get it by then.....

Hi Anu

Thanks for the prompt respond.

May be I am going further down and asking too much information, did you change your nominated regional area during your conditional 2 years? The reason why I am asking, I rang my lawyer today and questioned the progress of my application. He advised me that it will take 7 to 8 months as I have change my nominated regional area. I realised straight a way that he is creating a story to shut me up. I am just wondering how many 887 applicant in this forum who were staying in the nominated regional area but still application process time takes more than usually expected 3 months?

Cheers

Pivi

Hi Anu

Thanks for the prompt respond.

May be I am going further down and asking too much information, did you change your nominated regional area during your conditional 2 years? The reason why I am asking, I rang my lawyer today and questioned the progress of my application. He advised me that it will take 7 to 8 months as I have change my nominated regional area. I realised straight a way that he is creating a story to shut me up. I am just wondering how many 887 applicant in this forum who were staying in the nominated regional area but still application process time takes more than usually expected 3 months?

Cheers

Pivi

Hi 24nov

In my case my file was opened on 17th dec....requesting additional docs....I submitted docs on 20th dec

My file was reopened on 23rd February requesting same docs (frustrating ) i called immi n they said they cannot open the docs...it was my fault i attached through drive.

Then i attached all docs n called immi n they said co will now only open the file after 28 days.

I was on 489 family sponsored so no such condition applied on me. I am from melbourne

Stay tuned friends....you will be next in the Line to received Grant...This forum is really useful for all who already applied and waiting for grant or those who about to apply in the near future... like Anu informed, please do not attach docs via Google Drive. Please download first in your PC and the attaché/upload from there.

Hi guys... I just wanted to know that work experience is 35 hours or 38 hours ?

Hi Janandi,

Work Exp is minimum 35 hours per week.

please check below link which elaborate the work exp like it can be one or more than one job (like part time jobs) and some of all to be equal or more that 35 hours per week.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-#

hope this help

VJ

Hi everyone

i got my PR last week

i came to Australia end of 2007

i applied for 887 on 13 August 2015

got CO on 24 December

got PR on 7 March 2016

It took almost 7 months after applying

Very stressfull time after 2-3 months of applying,Becoz all my friends were getting there PR in 2-3 months

at last got PR

so good luck to all of you ,I knw its stressfull if we wait more thn normal time,dnt worry

good luck

Njoy ur day

Hi everyone

i got my PR last week

i came to Australia end of 2007

i applied for 887 on 13 August 2015

got CO on 24 December

got PR on 7 March 2016

It took almost 7 months after applying

Very stressfull time after 2-3 months of applying,Becoz all my friends were getting there PR in 2-3 months

at last got PR

so good luck to all of you ,I knw its stressfull if we wait more thn normal time,dnt worry

good luck

Njoy ur day

Congratulations Gold and all the best for future.

A quick question, did CO asked any documents or query ?

thanks

VJ

Guys i wanna mention that who are waiting from long time please call on 1300364613 to remind them.i called them that time they said we already made decision so you will get grant today or tomorrow so you can also call them,good luck everyone, it take 9 years to get pr, god bless everyone, anu and steve you both are next

Congratulation 25SEP887

Now you must be a very happy after waiting for this day since 9 years, I am same like you waiting for this day since 9 years now.

Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts which is useful to everyone.

thank you so much,YES TRUE MATE IT TOOK NEARLY 6 MONTHS AFTER APPLY AND 9 YEARS IN AUSTRALIA, best of luck mate