887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hey Anu

Did the same was advised that the application is with Team 3, Emailed Them some time back if correct 26th February. No response back. The Only response i got was the Auto Respond which states that they will not reply to request for Updates. Anyways good Luck.

Dear Applicants as per immi website update the date of applications that have been allocated to processing teams is 1 Nov.2015[TABLE=class: table-100, width: 515]

[TR]

[TD]887 Skilled – Regional[/TD]

[TD]1 November 2015[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This means all 887 visa application will take around 6 months to get finalised....ooo great God give us more Patience.....

Hi all, just a quick question.

i am on 489 and will be applying for 887 soon

my wife, she is not staying in Australia even she was granted 489 as my depandent 2 years ago

we had a baby boy last year and we didnt add him into 489 either

question

soon i will be applying for 887, is it possible to add them as my family depandent even they are not staying australia for past two years and will not be in Australia during 887 application process

my wife, she is not staying in Australia even she was granted 489 as my depandent 2 years ago

question

soon i will be applying for 887, is it possible to add them as my family depandent even they are not staying australia for past two years and will not be in Australia during 887 application process

You can only add them as a non migrating dependent..meaning they will not be granted an 887 visa. During application process, the system can detect that your wife is out of Australia and you cannot continue unless put her in non-migrating dependent. She is not required to have stayed for 2 years but should be onshore and is living with you in regional area regardless of the number of days/months. You should apply for subsequent entry 489 visa for your child. Your child cannot be added in your 887 visa application if she/he is not a holder of the same visa that you have.

i suggest:

1. Apply subsequent entry visa 489 for your child

2. Your wife and child should fly in to Australia before you apply for 887 visa..

you can push through with your application and have your 887 visa. You might sponsor them later ( spouse visa and dependent visa for your child-visa 309/100) and is also a 2 year provisional visa(not automatically PR but with benefits) and is more expensive. Current application charge for spouse visa is $6700 and is longer to approve. I dont know if there would be implications on your wife's visa application in the future if she let that 489 visa expires or on your 887 visa application because she did not comply with the condition of living in a regional area of Australia( as she is living overseas)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the 6 months starts from when the visa application was submitted, when we were allocated a case officer or from the date all the information was given to the case officer.

Thanks in advance R&J

6 months starts on the day you submit your application. A visa can be granted without a CO contact if he/she is satisfied with the documents you supplied( meaning, you never know that your application was already been allocated to a CO). If a CO contacted you for some documents, you have 28 days to comply, otherwise, your case is evaluated based on the documents you have supplied.Your application may take longer depending on how you comply with requests made by your CO.

question

Did your wife made an initial entry to activate her 489 visa?

question

Hi

887 is Onshore visa.

And one thing...Only and Only Primary Applicant has to full fill visa condition of living in regional area and other condition.you wife and baby have to be in Australia on the day when you want to apply for 887.

you should not apply 887 unless your family is here.if you still have your 489 visa valid for next 1 year and more then you should wait or if you really want to get PR then ask you wife and kid to come here...but you have to add you kid first into your file.

before doing anything,just advise department about your child birth by filling changing of circumstances form.once your child is added then ideally you should bring your wife and your child here and then apply for 887 straightway.when your family arrives then you can apply for 887 same day when everybody is onshore.your entire family has to be in Australia before applying and before 887 decision.

adding your spouse later will be a hectic and not advisable solution.

in worst case..you should wait for applying 887...if your 489 is expiring then you can think of subsequent 489 to make it live for another 4 year.

if you ask me personally then you should bring your family here for 887 visa process...its a matter of maximum 6 months...you will get grant in less period.you all will be PR then you can stay where ever you like

Apologies if i misunderstood your condition and given my personal view.

Sanjeev

Edited by sanjeevkathuria

Thanks guys for taking the time to read and provide valuable advises, really appreciate the effort! I rang immigration on this issue this morning, below are the instructions from them

489 holder expecting a baby in Australia will need to complete Form 1022, mail to Brisbane office and will be advised a process fee of AUD 900

489 holder expecting a baby outside Australia will have to submit Application for Provisional Skilled Regional - Subsequent Entrant Visa (489) after baby in born and a fee of AUD 3600

887 is a pathway from 489, it means that you will need to be a holder before you are eligible to apply for 887

Hello all. I need some advice here. My 489 visa (sponsored by relative) was granted in Jan 2014 - when I first applied I wasn't expecting the visa to be approved within a short time frame. Anyway so I did make my first landing in the same year and as I was getting married in 2015, we did not make plans to move over officially. We got married in July 2015 and subsequently, my husband applied for a subsequent entrant visa under me and his visa was approved in September 2015. We only made plans to move this year after we settled our work and family issues. We recently made a trip to Australia for his first landing. Our 489 visa expiry is Jan 2018 and from the look of it, we will not be able to fulfill the condition of living for 2 years to apply for visa 887. When we move to Australia, we will be staying with my cousin first who sponsored me before we find our own place. What happens if we do not meet the 2 years requirements? When is the latest do we have to apply for 887? Can we do it just before our visa 489 expires in Jan 2018 so that we achieved a longer time? Do we get a bridging visa to continue staying in Australia until the outcome on our 887 application is known? Also, is there a visa renewal for visa 489? Or is this a one time visa? Looking for some answers here if someone can help :) thank u!

Hello all. I need some advice here. My 489 visa (sponsored by relative) was granted in Jan 2014 - when I first applied I wasn't expecting the visa to be approved within a short time frame. Anyway so I did make my first landing in the same year and as I was getting married in 2015, we did not make plans to move over officially. We got married in July 2015 and subsequently, my husband applied for a subsequent entrant visa under me and his visa was approved in September 2015. We only made plans to move this year after we settled our work and family issues. We recently made a trip to Australia for his first landing. Our 489 visa expiry is Jan 2018 and from the look of it, we will not be able to fulfill the condition of living for 2 years to apply for visa 887. When we move to Australia, we will be staying with my cousin first who sponsored me before we find our own place. What happens if we do not meet the 2 years requirements? When is the latest do we have to apply for 887? Can we do it just before our visa 489 expires in Jan 2018 so that we achieved a longer time? Do we get a bridging visa to continue staying in Australia until the outcome on our 887 application is known? Also, is there a visa renewal for visa 489? Or is this a one time visa? Looking for some answers here if someone can help :) thank u!

in addition to above, does it mean if we do not fulfill the 2 years, we shouldn't even try to apply for the 887 because they would not even grant us a bridging visa? Anyone can advise how best we can proceed?

in addition to above, does it mean if we do not fulfill the 2 years, we shouldn't even try to apply for the 887 because they would not even grant us a bridging visa? Anyone can advise how best we can proceed?

You should fulfill the 2 years residency before you can apply for 887 visa..in your case since your visa will expire before fulfilling the residency requirement, i think you need to apply for renewal of the same visa and proceed with the 887 application once you complied with the residency req. i suggest better ask dibp about your case...you can send message via their facebook account on the top of the page and they usually respond on private email( include your email address).

Take note, you also need to work at least 1 year fulltime

You should fulfill the 2 years residency before you can apply for 887 visa..in your case since your visa will expire before fulfilling the residency requirement, i think you need to apply for renewal of the same visa and proceed with the 887 application once you complied with the residency req. i suggest better ask dibp about your case...you can send message via their facebook account on the top of the page and they usually respond on private email( include your email address).

Hello WGar, thanks for your advice. Do u know how do we apply for renewal of our visa? I'm aware of the 1yr work requirements. Cheers

Hello WGar, thanks for your advice. Do u know how do we apply for renewal of our visa? I'm aware of the 1yr work requirements. Cheers

I cannot find any related topic on this scenario...the 489 extended pathway is for holders of certain visa subclasses not 489. I suggest seek advice from DIBP