887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest engfarrag

Hi Guys,

I still haven't received the bridging visa grant notification after my application for the 887 visa. It has been a month now. I think I am the only person who hasn't received it, all the people I know who applied for this visa got it in a couple of days. I phoned the DIAC and they said that it is normal. It doesn't sound normal for me. Has any body come across the same experience?

Guest dblog418
Hello dblog, CO only contact if they need more docs from you, then they send you email. when your file is allocated, your online status will change. Thank for your assuming, but my application haven't been allocated yet. it's been 7 months and 6 days, hope to hear some news by end of this week. cheers.

Thanks heaps for the reply Vince887

Guest dblog418
Hi Everybody, I am new in thread. 475 will apply for 887 next hopefully by November. After skim through this thread I understand 887 visa now taking loooong time. Thanks for your sharing, I am mentally prepared for wait. Then, I have a question may be very silly but very important for me. I am now preparing overseas PCC. My spouse's passport was first issued on 2010. and renewed this year 2013. now confusion is that what is the date of issue for this passport? 2010 or 2013? If you please answer will be a help for me so that I get right date of issue on pcc...........................// Thank you everybody..............

Hi Dreamer

I had the same issue. But I have put the first date as the issued date in the application.

Cheers

Guest dblog418
Hi Guys,

I still haven't received the bridging visa grant notification after my application for the 887 visa. It has been a month now. I think I am the only person who hasn't received it, all the people I know who applied for this visa got it in a couple of days. I phoned the DIAC and they said that it is normal. It doesn't sound normal for me. Has any body come across the same experience?

Hi engfarrag

Have u check the online status. I reckon check both email and online status.

Cheers

Guest kedar_u

Hi guys,

i have applied for my visa just today, so still finalising the docutmenst etc.

when i logged the request, i thought to double check the status of application and that shows me as below

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Person 1[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Date of birth: XX XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX Passport No: XXXXXXX[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 15/10/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Bridging visa granted[/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Health requirements finalised[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]

When i checked the message that shows for Health requirenments finalised, that shows as under,

No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

IS THIS WHAT EVERYONE GETTING?

I KNOW THERE ARE SEVERAL OCCASIONS WHERE WE HAVE DISCUSSED ABOUT HEALTH EXAMINATION ETC.

BY THE WAY, I AM FAMILY SPONSORED LIVING IN MELBOURNE, VIC FROM 487 TO 887

THANKS GUYS IN ADVANCE

.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest Vince887

Hello Kedar,

In my online status doen't say anything about health requirement like yours. I think immi having new system to determine whether you need health test. good for you.

Guest Vince887

Hello Mariota, I see in the table that you applied on the 04/03/2013 and you've been allocated to CO on the 10/10/2013. Could you please confirm this info for us here? thank you.

Guest engfarrag
Hi engfarrag

Please check in the spam folder as well. I applied for 887 on 24/sep/2013 night around 10pm and got the notification email and bridging visa around 12:07am 25/sep/2013.

I have done mate, nothing has been received in the spam folder. I only received the receival confirmation e-mail.

Hi kedar,

i have the same info as yours. we applied last 16/09/2013.

Hi guys,

i have applied for my visa just today, so still finalising the docutmenst etc.

when i logged the request, i thought to double check the status of application and that shows me as below

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Person 1[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Date of birth: XX XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX Passport No: XXXXXXX[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%][/TD]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Bridging visa granted[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Health requirements finalised[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]When i checked the message that shows for Health requirenments finalised, that shows as under,

No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

IS THIS WHAT EVERYONE GETTING?

I KNOW THERE ARE SEVERAL OCCASIONS WHERE WE HAVE DISCUSSED ABOUT HEALTH EXAMINATION ETC.

BY THE WAY, I AM FAMILY SPONSORED LIVING IN MELBOURNE, VIC FROM 487 TO 887

THANKS GUYS IN ADVANCE

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi kedar,

i have the same info as yours. we applied last 16/09/2013.

Hi i got the same info as yours as well health examination finalised as i have done my medicals already as i am family sponsored from mel as well. 487 to 887 .....its also showing your application processed further and date has been changed couple of times......:huh:

Guest Hksingh
Hello Mariota, I see in the table that you applied on the 04/03/2013 and you've been allocated to CO on the 10/10/2013. Could you please confirm this info for us here? thank you.

I just remind to every body going to 6 months apply on 21/10/2013. But still no reply hope in November.

Hi Dreamer

I had the same issue. But I have put the first date as the issued date in the application.

Cheers

Hi dblog418, thank you very much for your reply and sharing your experience. Its a good help. Then, do you or does anybody know any link from anywhere or specially from DIAC where clearly mention about what will be the Date of Issue of Passport should be after renewal? I search a lot but didn't get. on the other hand in AU passport website I found "Your previous passport will be physically cancelled" source "https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/BrochuresWebPages/BrochurePassportRenewal.aspx"

I am really confused. Please help...

Hi dblog418, thank you very much for your reply and sharing your experience. Its a good help. Then, do you or does anybody know any link from anywhere or specially from DIAC where clearly mention about what will be the Date of Issue of Passport should be after renewal? I search a lot but didn't get. on the other hand in AU passport website I found "Your previous passport will be physically cancelled" source "https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/BrochuresWebPages/BrochurePassportRenewal.aspx"

I am really confused. Please help...

hi dreamer,

my husband (principal applicant) renewed his passport last feb and right away emailed the new details to DIAC/gsm. we didn't get any reply nor receipt aknowldegement but when we checked our details from VEVO it was already changed to the new details thay we have emailed/provided. last 16/09/2013 we applied 887 using the new passport details of my husband and it was all good.

hope that helps!

Guest merlino

anyone in a similar boat like me?

I was on 489 (extension of 475), then tried to apply for the 887 in June '13, could not apply because of system issues, called DIAC and they acknowledged the system problem which was being fixed then. I was told to apply through email which I did, filled up form and attached documentation as a PDF.

so to anyone out there, are you in a similar situation as me?

hi dreamer,

my husband (principal applicant) renewed his passport last feb and right away emailed the new details to DIAC/gsm. we didn't get any reply nor receipt aknowldegement but when we checked our details from VEVO it was already changed to the new details thay we have emailed/provided. last 16/09/2013 we applied 887 using the new passport details of my husband and it was all good.

hope that helps!

Hi bing, thanks for the info and sharing. My case is that I till not applied, will apply next nov. Now processing pcc overseas. on pcc i need to write Passport Date of issue. Now my only one straight forward question. As the passport was first issued on 2010 and renewed on 2013. At present what will be the date of issue? 2010 or 2013?...................// bing when your husband updated new passport info after renewal to DIAC, then date of issue also changed or only just passport expiry date extended?..... Thanks.....

Guest ricky_hope1

Hi Merlino,

I am in same boat as you are.system was not able to recognise my wife detail so i had to apply through email as well.thr r few people who had to go this way.

Cheers

anyone in a similar boat like me?

I was on 489 (extension of 475), then tried to apply for the 887 in June '13, could not apply because of system issues, called DIAC and they acknowledged the system problem which was being fixed then. I was told to apply through email which I did, filled up form and attached documentation as a PDF.

so to anyone out there, are you in a similar situation as me?

Hi bing, thanks for the info and sharing. My case is that I till not applied, will apply next nov. Now processing pcc overseas. on pcc i need to write Passport Date of issue. Now my only one straight forward question. As the passport was first issued on 2010 and renewed on 2013. At present what will be the date of issue? 2010 or 2013?...................// bing when your husband updated new passport info after renewal to DIAC, then date of issue also changed or only just passport expiry date extended?..... Thanks.....

hi dreamer,

yes, we also got our police checks here and overseas and we used the details of new passport/newly renewed passport of my husband.. As far as i know, we should be using the new details as stated on the new passport not anymore the old one. As i have said, in our case, when we processed our police checks here and overseas we used the new passport details and everything was fine.

My husband's passport year expiration was the same as yours 2010 and 2013 is the new issue. we used 2013 in all police checks and for our PR application.

thanks!

Guest MURALIGANESH

Hi Sunita..,

Technically No need to wait, because 1 month in a year is allowed and treated as holiday.

Still, if i am in your position i will wait for extra 1 month. if you ask my advice better wait for 1 more month..

Cheers

hi muraliganesh , i have been to overseas for 1 month after coming in regional area.do i have to stay +1month here.

thnx

sunita

Guest MURALIGANESH

Hi Dbolg..

You dont get any notification, CO will contact you only if he need any more docs. Otherwise you will get your PR mail straight into your email. You dont even come know who is your CO...

But online status changes " Application further proceeded" - it happenes only when CO started working on your docs, not when assigning to CO ( to my knowledge )

Hi Vince

Just want to know, If the application is allocated to a case officer, do we get a notification via email? or the only way to know is the check the online status.

cHEERS

(I AM ASSUMING YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN ALLOCATED TO A CO)

hi dreamer,

yes, we also got our police checks here and overseas and we used the details of new passport/newly renewed passport of my husband.. As far as i know, we should be using the new details as stated on the new passport not anymore the old one. As i have said, in our case, when we processed our police checks here and overseas we used the new passport details and everything was fine.

My husband's passport year expiration was the same as yours 2010 and 2013 is the new issue. we used 2013 in all police checks and for our PR application.

thanks!

Thank you bing for your detail explanation . U r telling that new passport. That mean ur husband issued a new passport or just the same passport with a renew seal. If issued new passport then I have no question. Thank u bing....

Thank you bing for your detail explanation . U r telling that new passport. That mean ur husband issued a new passport or just the same passport with a renew seal. If issued new passport then I have no question. Thank u bing....

It's a new issued passport...:). goodluck!