887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Vince887
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share the good news.....we received our permanent residency (475 to 887) on the 1st October. We applied originally on the 21st Feb 2013, so just over 7 months from beginning to end. We were first contacted by a case officer on the 25th September, and they took just under a week to grant the PR. I wish everyone the best of luck on this thread, and hope that you all receive some news soon. They seem to be processing later than the specified date on the DIAC website....so take heart!

Congrats Coconut Macaroons. Good luck with your future.

Guest engfarrag

Thats right. I think this is the case. But I also think that I am the only one who didn't get the bridging visa.

Dear 887 applicants,

To my understanding, 475 visa is still valid (rather than bridging visa) even after the application for 887 as long as it's not expired. Which means still free to travel overseas (depart/arrive Australia) on 475 visa wihtout any hassle. Is this correct? I wonder why everyone is getting a bridging visa granted upon the application for 887. (I'm yet to apply.)

Congrats Coconut Macaroons.. this means the date on allocation table (10 Feb 2013) doesn't make any sense; as you have applied on 21 Feb.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share the good news.....we received our permanent residency (475 to 887) on the 1st October. We applied originally on the 21st Feb 2013, so just over 7 months from beginning to end. We were first contacted by a case officer on the 25th September, and they took just under a week to grant the PR. I wish everyone the best of luck on this thread, and hope that you all receive some news soon. They seem to be processing later than the specified date on the DIAC website....so take heart!

Guest leigh887
Hello everyone,

Congrats! Coconut.

I'm just wondering if it was you who updated the your status in timesheet to 03/10/2013 or the pranker did for you? as you know we had a pranker issue a couple of days ago.

Cheers,

Leigh

Hi Everyone,

I like to share the good news that i have been granted Permanent Residency on 10/10/2013 .

My Timeline is :

Previous Visa - 487 ( Tasmania State Sponsored )

26/02/2013 - Applied 887 Visa

Documents i submitted :

1) Payslips from 2 employers - All Payslips for 12 months scanned into 1 PDF.

2) Offer Letters from Employers

3) ATO Returns , Medicare Levy and Vehicle Registration for Address Proof as i don't have a Rental Lease agreement .. I have always Shared with my friends.

4) APF Check and Overseas police Check

5) Bank Statements for 2 years

6) Passport Copy

7) Birth Certificate

03/10/2013 - Case officer assigned

10/10/2013 - Permanent Residency Granted :notworthy:

Medicals was not asked by my CO

Guest leigh887
Hi Everyone,

I like to share the good news that i have been granted Permanent Residency on 10/10/2013 .

My Timeline is :

Documents i submitted :

3) ATO Returns , Medicare Levy and Vehicle Registration for Address Proof as i don't have a Rental Lease agreement .. I have always Shared with my friends.

6) Passport Copy

7) Birth Certificate

Congrats! I'm a tassie487 too. I'm in Newtown, where are you mate?

U

Hi Everyone,

My Timeline is :

Documents i submitted :

6) Passport Copy

7) Birth Certificate

Hi rajne ,

Congrats for your pr. If you dont mind can you please let me know either you work full time in your nominated occupation.cause i willnot able to show fulltime working hours in my nominated occupation ,will be there any problem,my nominates occupation was in IT and i only could work fulltime hours in hospitality ,your reply will be appreciated.

Thank you Mel36,

I worked full-time in my nominated occupation ( IT sector )

But I am sure you can show any fulltime , parttime or causal work which in total must equal or can be more than 36 hrs per week

I had a friend who was in 487 and worked full time in hospitality sector and got his 887 visa approved

In my option , you will not have any issue with the type of work you do .. immi jus want to know if you worked 36 hrs per week to fulfill the 1 yr work requirement

Regards,

Rajne

Hi Everyone,

My Timeline is :

Documents i submitted :

6) Passport Copy

7) Birth Certificate

congrats rajne.now it seems 887 is moving.congrats agian and best wishes for future plans.

Guest Devi-887
Hi Everyone,

My Timeline is :

Documents i submitted :

6) Passport Copy

7) Birth Certificate

Congrats !!!!!

gud luck for future !!!!!

Guest Vince887

Congrats.... according to the 887 waiting table, seem like all Feb applicants are all been granted PR. So i reckon we should starting to see March applicants getting good news soon... hopefully next week.

Hi Everyone,

My Timeline is :

Documents i submitted :

6) Passport Copy

7) Birth Certificate

Congrats Rajni well done .....good to hear that ....and 887 is moving on that an other good news....rajni do the diac asked you any thing before or updated any status on online before assigning CO

Guest MURALIGANESH

I did my initial entry and went back to my home country, then i returned after 10 months. And i waited 2 more years after that i applied fro visa. that means i applied for my visa after 2 yrs 10 months from my initial entry.

yes in your case if you are out from country for 5 months then you need to apply after 2.5 yrs from your initial entry..

Cheers

Hi Muraliganesh,

Congrats again with your visa. May I ask you about your time-frame for 2 years living in Australia. You mentioned you was in your home country for 10 months. So you come in Australia, activated visa, came back home for 10 months and only then returned in Australia. How long have you been living in Au since the last entry prior the 887 application? 2 years or less? I'm asking cause I came in Australia almost 2 years ago but have been to my home country for 5 months after that. If I'm not mistaken in this case I may apply for 887 in 2y and 5 months after initial entry.

Thanks for your response

Very very happy to hear good news from you Rajne

Congrats

thanks for sharing such a detailed timeline

Hi Everyone,

My Timeline is :

Documents i submitted :

6) Passport Copy

7) Birth Certificate

Edited by nidhi

Congrats.... according to the 887 waiting table, seem like all Feb applicants are all been granted PR. So i reckon we should starting to see March applicants getting good news soon... hopefully next week.

Thanks Vince887

Congrats Rajni well done .....good to hear that ....and 887 is moving on that an other good news....rajni do the diac asked you any thing before or updated any status on online before assigning CO

Thank you Paki,

My CO did not request any extra documents from me

I think if CO is assigned to you Online status will change to " Application being processed further "