887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Coconut Macaroons

Good News.....we have been allocated a case officer today. They got in touch straight away to ask for some more information re: my employment. The e-mail says that once this is received our application can then be finalised. We are scanning in this information now!!

FYI - we applied for 887 from 475 on 21 Feb 2013. Just over 7 months to be allocated case officer.

Guest Vince887
Good News.....we have been allocated a case officer today. They got in touch straight away to ask for some more information re: my employment. The e-mail says that once this is received our application can then be finalised. We are scanning in this information now!!

FYI - we applied for 887 from 475 on 21 Feb 2013. Just over 7 months to be allocated case officer.

That's a very good news for you. would you mind tell us what exactly the docs your CO asked for? cheers.

Guest Coconut Macaroons
That's a very good news for you. would you mind tell us what exactly the docs your CO asked for? cheers.

They asked for payslips for a year. As I have worked full time for the same employer, this was not a problem. All other documents we provided have been assessed as accepted. In the e-mail, they said that this is the only thing that they required, so fingers crossed now.:biglaugh:

Guest Vince887
They asked for payslips for a year. As I have worked full time for the same employer, this was not a problem. All other documents we provided have been assessed as accepted. In the e-mail, they said that this is the only thing that they required, so fingers crossed now.:biglaugh:

what??? full time payslip for a year? isn't that 52 pages you need to upload to immi? did you upload your bank statement showing weekly wages?

Guest Coconut Macaroons
what??? full time payslip for a year? isn't that 52 pages you need to upload to immi? did you upload your bank statement showing weekly wages?

As I am not paid weekly it was not a drama.....also put all of the scans on 1 PDF. To be honest.....I will jump through hoops to finalise this visa!

Guest Devi-887
As I am not paid weekly it was not a drama.....also put all of the scans on 1 PDF. To be honest.....I will jump through hoops to finalise this visa!

Good luck !!! Hope we will hear a good news very soon!!!!!!!

Guest Vince887
good to see the news, macaroon. It's moving and it shouldn't be long to be the turns of the March applicants :)

Yeah good news JoL, it seem now they're looking at the end of Feb files. I reckon by next week they start looking at March application. Good luck all.

HI 887 Applicants,

May I know that is it mandatory to work full time in nominated occupation ?

or we can work any job irrespective to the nominated occupation but be full time paid ?

I am worried about it as I am in NSW Queanbeyan and is unable to found any job in my occupation from 2 months.

Your suggestions are welcomed.

Guest southerncrossfj
HI 887 Applicants,

or we can work any job irrespective to the nominated occupation but be full time paid ?

I am worried about it as I am in NSW Queanbeyan and is unable to found any job in my occupation from 2 months.

Refer to http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/eligibility-specified-regional-area.htm

which says,

There is no restriction on the type of work that you may undertake. You could work for an employer or yourself. The only restriction is that the employment must be both of the following:

• full time
  • undertaken in a Specified Regional Area in Australia.

Cheers,

Guest ricky_hope1

Hi,

You can do any job as long as it is covering 35 hrs a week & overall 52 weeks in two year time.

It is not mandatory to work in ur nominated occupation.

Cheers

HI 887 Applicants,

southerncrossfj

ricky_hope1

Thank you so much, it gives me relief.

So that means 489 is also a PR but indirect way after2 years. There are many other jobs available but below my qualifications and exp. But now I will try to get one.

I have one another question that Can I give IELTS exam in out of region as I think exam is conducted in Sydney ?

Thanks again dear/s.

Guest southerncrossfj
southerncrossfj

ricky_hope1

Thank you so much, it gives me relief.

So that means 489 is also a PR but indirect way after2 years. There are many other jobs available but below my qualifications and exp. But now I will try to get one.

I have one another question that Can I give IELTS exam in out of region as I think exam is conducted in Sydney ?

Thanks again dear/s.

489 is not PR but temporary visa. Yes, it is an indirect way to PR and you can apply for PR (887) once you have satisfied the eligibility.

As to IELTS I don't understand exactly what you are trying to mean but you don't need to sit for IELTS test again once you've got 489, and even if you need it for some reasons, it doesn't matter wherever in the world you will take.

Cheers,

Guest coffeetoma

Hi 887 applicants,

Anyone here have 3 jobs to fulfill the working experience?

It says in the website that “The Australian Bureau of Statistics defines a ‘full time position’ as one in which employment is normally for 35 hours a week. You are allowed to work in up to two concurrent part time jobs to meet the one year (35 hours a week) full time work requirement.

However, I can't fulfill the 35 hours within 2 jobs, but currently fulfilling it with 3 jobs.

Anybody with this experience?

Hi All

I have applied 887 from regional relative 487 sponsored visa in july. There have been few updates on online status and received an email from adelaide gsm team 13 for further documents.

1. application further commenced asked for form 80 and form 1221 after 2 weeks

2.date changed on that application after 2 weeks

3.again date changed after 2 weeks

4. asked to submit some more info on form 80 after 3 weeks

guys please tell me if some 1 got similar emails or information.

Edited by paki

hi paki

When did you actually apply for 887 from 487...? and I hope you applied through online as you can check progress in online ..

And Its good to brought your stuff for discussion which I also confused with your comments...

I hope its better to contact team 13 and get what they actually required form you at this stage ...

Also, Senior 887 applicants may able help your questions better I hope...

Anyways keep in touch... and let us know whats the progress is as well please

Hi All

I have applied 887 from regional relative 487 sponsored visa in july. There have been few updates on online status and received an email from adelaide gsm team 13 for further documents.

1. application further commenced asked for form 80 and form 1221 after 2 weeks

2.date changed on that application after 2 weeks

3.again date changed after 2 weeks

4. asked to submit some more info on form 80 after 3 weeks

guys please tell me if some 1 got similar emails or information.

Hi paki

i am closely following your post, as i will be applying to 887 from 487 - family sponsored on 15th Oct 2013

and i guess the 487 -> 887 goes quickly compare to other visas to 887

Please if you can share, what sort of information they asked for, and have you done your medicals before or they did not ask for it?

Please keep in touch and share your status.

thanks in advance

Guest Vince887
Hi paki

i am closely following your post, as i will be applying to 887 from 487 - family sponsored on 15th Oct 2013

and i guess the 487 -> 887 goes quickly compare to other visas to 887

Please if you can share, what sort of information they asked for, and have you done your medicals before or they did not ask for it?

Please keep in touch and share your status.

thanks in advance

hello there, at the moment 887 applicants are waiting more than 7 months to be allocated or granted visa. Medical don't need to be done, can wait till u asked for by your co. Police certificate is require also with overseas police certificate.