887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi to all

i have some question about applicant for 887 . i am secondary applicant for 489 visa(relative sponsor) and i am fulfilling requirements for residency proof and full time work requirement for 887 , is there any possibilities that i can apply 887 as a main applicant .hope someone in this thread will give advice on my question.

Guest Vince887
Hi vince887,

Since i am too sponsored by relative and living in designated area which is Melbourne , i am wondering what type of documents you submitted for residency proof and full time work requirements ,is your work is in nominated occupation? and did you apply Online or By paper. Hope you will give me details of documents that you submitted. cause i am going to apply for 887.

Thanks

hello, the same as me sponsor by relative and living in designated area. i uploaded phone bill, school letter, bank letter, vicroad letter showing address from 2010 to 2013. with work, i uploaded group certificate, pay slip, employer reference letter sign by director of the company, ato tax return all from 2010 to 2013. applied online.

Guest Vince887

hi guy, just an update. for the first two week of september, there are 5 PR granted. this is a very good news. this is probably the most PR granted month ever since 2013. hope for another 5 or 10 more PR granted till end of the month. good luck guys.

hello, the same as me sponsor by relative and living in designated area. i uploaded phone bill, school letter, bank letter, vicroad letter showing address from 2010 to 2013. with work, i uploaded group certificate, pay slip, employer reference letter sign by director of the company, ato tax return all from 2010 to 2013. applied online.

hi vince887 ,

Thanks for reply ,did you apply online or applied with paper application and did you work full time on your nominated occupation or other occupation cause i am not working in my nominated occupation,i am asking this because i dont have any idea either fulltime work will be considered in any other occupation rather then nominated occupation.

hi guy, just an update. for the first two week of september, there are 5 PR granted. this is a very good news. this is probably the most PR granted month ever since 2013. hope for another 5 or 10 more PR granted till end of the month. good luck guys.

One would hope they process WAY more than 5 or 10. 475 to 887 requires least evidence than any other visa type as there are just really 3 requirements:

• Live in your allocated designated area for 2 years or more (easy to prove)
  • Work for 1 year of more of the 2 years (easy to prove)
  • kept your side clean, no criminal record whilst here (easy to prove)

All other formalities were done as part of the 475 application. The issue with processing was in fact the previous Rudd & Gillard government who was so inefficient, many departments grinded to a halt. This is now hopefully changing with a proper government in place!

Does anyone know when Muraliganesh applied, as its useful to know where the department now are with applications?

Guest Vince887
I am not sure but whoever is taking care of this excel sheet has not put me in. Well there's not much a change in my status though. Still waiting for a CO.

Please update my application date was 17/02/2013.

Hello Kelasen, you have to put yourself in the list. it's not the sheet owner responsibility to put everyone in the list. he already set it up.

Guest leozhou1385

I called the DIAC today, and the Lady in Sydney service centre with accent told me the 6 months was after the allocated date. I told her she was wrong, and then her supervisor picked up the phone to confirm 6 months means processing time after your lodged date.

Therefore, Brisbane processing centre should be the office with high complain.

Guest hazelnut
Hi, applying from 475 to 887 only requires IELTS for some secondary applicants [when from non-English speaking countries I think, it did for me, so I did the test (again) and attached the results]. That will be the reason why it is in the checklist.

Hi there, you are right, it is apply only for second applicant only. in my case , i'm the main applicant. That why i am so confuse. And most the documents in the check list i already attached. and i don't know why it till require in the checklists ? it is just the automatic system checklists?

Guest hazelnut

thanks for your reply Vince887, can i ask you? do you know about document checkists ? is it the list you have to repare when the co contact you? because i already submit all those doc when i applied. why till we have the check lists ? thanks

Guest Vince887
I called the DIAC today, and the Lady in Sydney service centre with accent told me the 6 months was after the allocated date. I told her she was wrong, and then her supervisor picked up the phone to confirm 6 months means processing time after your lodged date.

Therefore, Brisbane processing centre should be the office with high complain.

HAHA, we get that a lot, every time rings up, got different answer from immi. just don't believe everything they tell you. i'm pretty sure 6 months from lodge date if you lodge online. but again 6 months is just the standard processing time. all people in this thread are wait more than 6 months to get visa. cheers.

Guest Vince887
thanks for your reply Vince887, can i ask you? do you know about document checkists ? is it the list you have to repare when the co contact you? because i already submit all those doc when i applied. why till we have the check lists ? thanks

hi, I haven't got allocated yet. been waiting more than 6 months already. there is no checklist for online application. the only checklist u have is the one in the website where you check the progress of your application. however, upload as much docs as you can, because nothing wrong with it, just be pre-caustion. cheers

Guest Coconut Macaroons

Hi SRAZ,

For some reason, our information has disappeared from your spreadsheet! Applied 21 Feb 2013....nothing yet!

BTW - I know it is not your responsibility to put others details in the spreadsheet, just an observation!

Edited by Coconut Macaroons

Guest Coconut Macaroons
Hi SRAZ,

For some reason, our information has disappeared from your spreadsheet! Applied 21 Feb 2013....nothing yet!

BTW - I know it is not your responsibility to put others details in the spreadsheet, just an observation!

Popped it back in there! 7 months waiting on Saturday:arghh:

hahahha that's funny ... i called them 2 or 3 times every time they say different things don't believe them..

one time they told me 6 months mean after u assign CO.. i replied them then why they need to say even 6 months coz CO can take as much as time he/she want..

i called them in mid of august when my 6 months completed then they say in august or within month u get CO.. now its more than 7 months ...

i stop calling... better to wait ...

Guest dblog418

This is really frustrating. I have not gone overseas since I applied for 487 which is about 3 years now. Now I feel like home sick. But I decided not to go until this thing finish. Hopefully good days will come soon..fingers crossed..So far any one got the most wanted email on this beautiful Friday?

Hi Guys..,

Good news to share with you all..., I got my golden mail today saying that i have benn granted PR.

wish u all good luck friends

no CO , no extra papers straight way granted

Hi Guys..,

Good news to share with you all..., I got my golden mail today saying that i have benn granted PR.

wish u all good luck friends

no CO , no extra papers straight way granted

Congrats Happy !!!! its good to hear its moving .............