887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi guys

allocation date does not mean anything folks. I can still recall it was say 5 January and my friend applied 19 January got visa. Now we all know 10 feb applicant ' From 475 to 887' got visa and other mate of mine applied 9 feb got co allocated...... Strange.... Isn't it?

Policies doesnot change with new gov so quickly that they already started processing.... New immi minister need to swear in yet ..... Silver lining for 887 is immi is about to finish 489 applications because they have achieved required no of visa grant for 2013-14 year. So few case officers would start actively looking at 887 visa....anyone know 887 is non-capping visa or not...?

Guest MURALIGANESH

Hi Guys..,

Giving heads up to you all , provide as many docs as you can for residential proof.

I have been contacted by CO 2 days ago, asking to provide additional docs to substantiate my 2 years regional area living.

I lived in 3 places in last 2.5 yrs, when i submitted my application I uploaded 2 documents for each address as residential proof. they are not happy with that it seems, now i attached 6 documents for each address including tenancy agreement & rental ledger report and other bank / utility statments/ my job offer letter / super statements etc.. (now they should be happy) all together total of 93 pages..

Lets see what happens..,

will keep you posted...

Cheers

Hi guys

allocation date does not mean anything folks. I can still recall it was say 5 January and my friend applied 19 January got visa. Now we all know 10 feb applicant ' From 475 to 887' got visa and other mate of mine applied 9 feb got co allocated...... Strange.... Isn't it?

Policies doesnot change with new gov so quickly that they already started processing.... New immi minister need to swear in yet ..... Silver lining for 887 is immi is about to finish 489 applications because they have achieved required no of visa grant for 2013-14 year. So few case officers would start actively looking at 887 visa....anyone know 887 is non-capping visa or not...?

Guest MURALIGANESH

Also one more thing to share.., since 3 days my online status started showing " application beeing processed further.

So what i am understanding is, allocation to CO is first step ( CO may be having truck loads of cases on his desk)

When CO started looking & working on the case - " i believe online status Change". because 3 days ago my online status changed and 2 days ago i got mail from CO.

Check your status guys..

Cheers

Just posting a mod reminder to mind the choice of certain language used please. I've edited a fair few posts and removed certain swear words. Some had put **'s in place of some letters and so on, but given the context and so on, it isn't appropriate to use.

The forum admin do allow more leeway these days, but doesn't mean you should go overboard or keep dropping the F word and other delights in ;)

Thanks in advance

snifter

Guest Vince887
Hi Guys..,

Giving heads up to you all , provide as many docs as you can for residential proof.

I have been contacted by CO 2 days ago, asking to provide additional docs to substantiate my 2 years regional area living.

I lived in 3 places in last 2.5 yrs, when i submitted my application I uploaded 2 documents for each address as residential proof. they are not happy with that it seems, now i attached 6 documents for each address including tenancy agreement & rental ledger report and other bank / utility statments/ my job offer letter / super statements etc.. (now they should be happy) all together total of 93 pages..

Lets see what happens..,

will keep you posted...

Cheers

Hello, you think because you've moving aruond living in 3 places that's why you were asked for more docs?? I have been living in the same place for the last 5 years, plus i'm not in regional area because i was sponsored by relative, i required to live in designated area. You think i should upload more docs for proof of resident? so far i uploaded about 3 docs. phone bill, school letter, bank statement etc...

Guest Vince887
just posting a mod reminder to mind the choice of certain language used please. I've edited a fair few posts and removed certain swear words. Some had put **'s in place of some letters and so on, but given the context and so on, it isn't appropriate to use.

The forum admin do allow more leeway these days, but doesn't mean you should go overboard or keep dropping the f word and other delights in ;)

thanks in advance

snifter

got it.

Guest Vince887
Also one more thing to share.., since 3 days my online status started showing " application beeing processed further.

So what i am understanding is, allocation to CO is first step ( CO may be having truck loads of cases on his desk)

When CO started looking & working on the case - " i believe online status Change". because 3 days ago my online status changed and 2 days ago i got mail from CO.

Check your status guys..

Cheers

MURALIGANESH, where is the status changed? is it changes from "bridging visa granted" to "application being assess further"?

Guest MURALIGANESH

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]02/02/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced [/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 02/02/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 10/09/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application being processed further [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I just copied and posted here, hope it helps...

Cheers

MURALIGANESH, where is the status changed? is it changes from "bridging visa granted" to "application being assess further"?

Guest leozhou1385

Hi Vince 887, looks like you are happy to waiting more than 6 months? even you are not allocated?

Guys who are waiting 6months +, Please give DIAC more pressure. if not, we do not know how long should we wait.

Just let you know, we should use offical info since I got letter from the manager of GSM in Adelaide, she quote the info on the website-allocation date. Ask me have to wait-887 is processing under the order of the lodged date.

According to the current speed, who can tell me what is the processing time of 887?

Edited by leozhou1385

Guest Vince887
Hi Vince 887, looks like you are happy to waiting more than 6 months? even you are not allocated?

Guys who are waiting 6months +, Please give DIAC more pressure. if not, we do not know how long should we wait.

Just let you know, we should use offical info since I got letter from the manager of GSM in Adelaide, she quote the info on the website-allocation date. Ask me have to wait-887 is processing under the order of the lodged date.

According to the current speed, who can tell me what is the processing time of 887?

hello Leozhou, i've been waiting more than 6 months already, at the moment is 6 months and almost 2 weeks. I am not happy but what can we do, i have called immi so many many time, asking question, giving feedback but all turn out to be useless. hmmm.... right now from what i can see, a good 887 application being allocated around 7+ months. e.g MURALIGANESH.

Guest Vince887
[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]02/02/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 02/02/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 10/09/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application being processed further[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I just copied and posted here, hope it helps...

Cheers

thank MURALIGANESH, now i know where to look and keep checking my online status. cheers.

Guest leozhou1385

Hi Vice887

we all do not know what is the future allocated dates- you are right 7 months allocated is now. but 1 month ago the allocation date was 6 months, am i right? what happened next month?

hello Leozhou, i've been waiting more than 6 months already, at the moment is 6 months and almost 2 weeks. I am not happy but what can we do, i have called immi so many many time, asking question, giving feedback but all turn out to be useless. hmmm.... right now from what i can see, a good 887 application being allocated around 7+ months. e.g MURALIGANESH.

its been 7 months and 1 day for me. Immi department rocks!

Guest from475to887
Morning guys, is there any ways that I can review the answers of my online lodged application? And again, 'HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HELD AN AUSTRALIAN VISA?' What will be the appropriate answer for 475 visa holder?

Hi,

I would say you don't have to mention the 475 visa as answer to that question, as you are applying from 475 to 887, so they know you have 475 visa. For my application I only mentioned the tourist visa I had for a holiday some years before I moved to Australia with my 475 visa. That was OK, as they granted me PR now, in a bit less than 7 months.

Again good luck to all of you.

Hi,

I would say you don't have to mention the 475 visa as answer to that question, as you are applying from 475 to 887, so they know you have 475 visa. For my application I only mentioned the tourist visa I had for a holiday some years before I moved to Australia with my 475 visa. That was OK, as they granted me PR now, in a bit less than 7 months.

Again good luck to all of you.

Thanks for the answer. Actually during my online form fill up there was a similar question like this and that was 'IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY HELD A VISA TO TRAVEL TO AUSTRALIA, PROVIDE DETAILS.' now here I thought they were talking about my 475 visa so I mentioned it. If I had made a mistake then how will I correct it?