887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Vince887

Guys guys guys, hang on a minute, I haven't got my PR yet. Someone been messing around with the table, someone trying to prank. I confirm, i haven't got my PR yet. still waiting to be allocated. I wish that prank would come true asap.

Edited by Vince887

Guest Vince887
Hey Guys ... what the hell is going on...!!!

Someone is messing up with the 887 table by writing down today as granted date for a fews applicants in the table....

Guest Dan887
guys

is it a 7 month wait now?

So I applied 29/06/13 + 7 moths, that gives me 29 Jan 2014.. is that a good gauge?

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?d1=29&m1=06&y1=2013&type=add&ay=&am=7&aw=&ad=

---------

Hi Merlino,

Pretty much yes, I have applied 08/07/13 from 475 and waiting for 7 months to get an outcome ....its totally sucks ...

I would say Welcome to the wonderland ...!!!

Guest Etienne

So the DIBP updated the allocation date (the good news) but the allocation date only moved 3 days over the period of a whole month, it now only stands at 10 February 2013 (the bad news). Also some one named 'hiba' now indicated visa granted after an application of 4 April 2013. Can he/ she confirm this as there are many still waiting here that applied in Feb and March. Or was someone messing about with the spreadsheet?

Guest leigh887
So the DIBP updated the allocation date (the good news) but the allocation date only moved 3 days over the period of a whole month, it now only stands at 10 February 2013 (the bad news). Also some one named 'hiba' now indicated visa granted after an application of 4 April 2013. Can he/ she confirm this as there are many still waiting here that applied in Feb and March. Or was someone messing about with the spreadsheet?

My guess is someone' case is meeting trouble, so his case is pulling the date back to 10/feb. Obviously so many ppl who applied after 10/fen got visa already. Does anyone agree with me?

Guest Vince887
My guess is someone' case is meeting trouble, so his case is pulling the date back to 10/feb. Obviously so many ppl who applied after 10/fen got visa already. Does anyone agree with me?

I agreed. From now on, allocation date in the website doesn't mean anything. STOP looking at it. For 3 weeks, immi move up 3 days of allocation date. it's doesn't make any sense.

Dear friends can someone please guide me on this case before i could ring up DIAC and ask them anything silly..;-)

It is been 4 months I have applied for 887 visa from 475. I have applied on 8-6-2013. On 1st September 2013, my boy was born and I have applied to DIAC for him and DIAC have included my boy within my application and granted BVA. As we don't know how long our 887 process will take, we are (specially my wife & newborn) planning to visit our families back in our country.

My vague understanding is that now i am on a bridging visa A, so if i wanted to travel back home for a short stay what should i do? My understanding is if i leave Australia my BVA will cease but I still have my 475 (substantive?) visa valid until next May 2014, just wondering how does it work? Will I be allowed inside Australia when i get back? Do i need to re-apply for 887 and go through the while process again? I haven’t even got a Case officer until now.

Any comments are highly appreciated.

Guest leigh887

Coconut Macaroons and Pbrt,..why don't they show up to confirm the time sheet? maybe they really got it and are being too happy to care this thread anymore...:err:

Guest violetrose

Hi krittim,

This is my understanding from what I found out when I wanted to travel recently.

1. Your 475 visa is the substantive visa which means for as long as it is valid you can travel in and out of the country on your 475 visa. You must be back in Australia before the 475 visa expires.

2. BVA commences after your 475 visa expires to allow you remain in Australia while your application for 887 is being processed. When you do travel overseas on your 475 visa while your application is being processed, the BVA will cease, which means upon your return you MUST apply for BVA again BEFORE your 475 expires, otherwise you will become illegal.

3. If you want to travel when your 475 has expired or is close to expiry; you must apply for BVB and return to Australia before the BVB expires. Once you are back your BVB allows you stay in Australia the same way the BVA does, so no need to reapply for BVA. If you are outside Australia when BVB has expired, you cannot return. So be careful to give yourself enough time for unexpected delays. Once the date on the BVB has expired and you want to travel out of Australia again, you will need to apply for another BVB

4. Travelling overseas during the subsistence of your 475 / BVA or BVB does not require you to reapply for 887. Your 887 application is still valid and pending. Just don't get stuck overseas without a valid visa cos 887 requires you to be onshore for them to process the application and if you are not, they might refuse it.

Since your 475 visa expires only in May 2014 and based on the current processing times of 6-7 months from the information on this forum, your 887 application should be called up within the next 2-3 months, so I would not worry too much about the 475 visa expiring. If you do travel, just be sure that when you come back you reapply for BVA just to be on the safe side, it does not cost anything.

Guest violetrose

Someone please tell me where do I find the spreadsheet for the timelines, I would like to add the details of my application. I applied from 489 (renewal visa) to 887 on 22 May 2013. No CO. No grant yet. No updates. My application was a paper based application to the Adelaide GSM dept. On the acknowledgment that they sent, it is clearly stated the application will be processed by the Adelaide GSM processing centre. Does anyone know if Adelaide is moving faster / slower than Brisbane?

Guest Sam Robinson
Dear friends can someone please guide me on this case before i could ring up DIAC and ask them anything silly..;-)

It is been 4 months I have applied for 887 visa from 475. I have applied on 8-6-2013. On 1st September 2013, my boy was born and I have applied to DIAC for him and DIAC have included my boy within my application and granted BVA. As we don't know how long our 887 process will take, we are (specially my wife & newborn) planning to visit our families back in our country.

My vague understanding is that now i am on a bridging visa A, so if i wanted to travel back home for a short stay what should i do? My understanding is if i leave Australia my BVA will cease but I still have my 475 (substantive?) visa valid until next May 2014, just wondering how does it work? Will I be allowed inside Australia when i get back? Do i need to re-apply for 887 and go through the while process again? I haven’t even got a Case officer until now.

Any comments are highly appreciated.

Hi Krittim, how long did DIAC take to issue bridging visa A for newborn?

As for as you are concerned you can exit and re-enter on 475 visa but for newborn you will have to get bridging visa B otherwise he cannot re-enter Australia.

hi i am new in this forum. i am in 487 visa where i wad a main applicant. i had a baby and i could not work fulltime. therefore my husband is working full time and is going to apply 87 as main aplicant. i want to know can he become main applicant for 887 as he has not studied here and does not have skill assessment. does he need ielts.

i have checked immi website where it says he can. im worried. would anyone please help me clarify this.

thanks

syd

Guest ricky_hope1

Hi, once anyone get 487(can be main applicant or secondary applicant).he/she can apply for 887 & include partner as second applicant as long as he/she fullfill condition of 887.so ans to ur question is yes,ur husband can apply as main applicant though he was not main applicant in 487& u can be included in application as secondary applicant though u were primary applicant in 487 application.

Cheers

hi i am new in this forum. i am in 487 visa where i wad a main applicant. i had a baby and i could not work fulltime. therefore my husband is working full time and is going to apply 87 as main aplicant. i want to know can he become main applicant for 887 as he has not studied here and does not have skill assessment. does he need ielts.

i have checked immi website where it says he can. im worried. would anyone please help me clarify this.

thanks

syd

Hi, once anyone get 487(can be main applicant or secondary applicant).he/she can apply for 887 & include partner as second applicant as long as he/she fullfill condition of 887.so ans to ur question is yes,ur husband can apply as main applicant though he was not main applicant in 487& u can be included in application as secondary applicant though u were primary applicant in 487 application.

Cheers

hi ricky,

thanks for the information, it is really helpful.

Hi everyone,

I applied from 475 to 887 on 4Oct 2013.My document checklist is showing this.Does this mean I need to give IELTS again.I am not understanding because I am the main and single applicant.Does anyone got the same checklist as me after applying.Please share as it is worring me.And also in my visa entitlement details on DIAC site It is showing like this Primary applicant not applicable. what does that mean?

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Included in this visa[/TD]

[TD=width: 70%]

Gary; Primary applicant not applicable ; Gary

What does that mean Primary applicant not applicable

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30%][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 04/10/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Birth certificate or other evidence of age[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] Required[/TD]

[TD=width: 15%] Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 04/10/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Evidence of English language ability[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Form 1221- Additional personal particulars information[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Passport photo[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4][TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD] 04/10/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Health requirements finalised[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Bridging visa granted[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

regards

gary

Edited by gary

Hi everyone,

I applied from 475 to 887 on 4Oct 2013.My document checklist is showing this.Does this mean I need to give IELTS again.I am not understanding because I am the main and single applicant.Does anyone got the same checklist as me after applying.Please share as it is worring me.And also in my visa entitlement details on DIAC site It is showing like this Primary applicant not applicable. what does that mean?

[TR]

[TD]Included in this visa[/TD]

[TD=width: 70%]

Gary; Primary applicant not applicable ; Gary

What does that mean Primary applicant not applicable

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30%][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 04/10/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Birth certificate or other evidence of age[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Evidence of English language ability[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Form 1221- Additional personal particulars information[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Passport photo[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4][TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD] 04/10/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Health requirements finalised[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Bridging visa granted[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

regards

gary

Hi gary,

Nothing to worry about this message because I have got the same thing in my checklist and in my visa entitlement it says primary applicant not applicable.

Also for your info Ielts is not required for 887 visa.