887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 minutes ago, SinghKhalsa said:

Co allocated today, I applied for 887 on 13 Nov 2017 . Requested updated AFPfor me and my wife.

I got my last AFP on 17 oct 2017 and no changes in names for me and my wife.

That's not good. I also submitted my AFP with my app and by the time he will process my application it will be old and he might ask for updated one.

4 hours ago, dar8 said:

Don't have a DUI but had an excessive speeding offence with 12 month license suspension when I applied for 489. excessive speeding fines results in an automatic conviction without having to go to court.  In application where it asks for if you had been convicted i had to tick yes and explain in brief what happened. I included the offence number. And was honest with my explanation , accepted it was my fault , stated that I never had any other offences before and after the incident. I still got the visa however i had a good driving history before and after the offence so maybe it helped.  I believe if you honestly mention this in your application with an explanation ,accepting that you learned a lesson from your mistake & if you havent got any fines/offences before this mention any previous good behaviour in driving etc then this might not be a big issue, BUT if you previously had similar DUI offences there is a chance this might negatively impact your character assessment if so I suggest it's best to seek assistance of an agent. 

I am also having almost same situation , I got caught for DUI just few days before lodge 887 and convicted at court. However, I got clean AFP before attending court but now I am fearing if CO request AFP again , my conviction will be shown on AFP. 

13 minutes ago, DarDec said:

I am also having almost same situation , I got caught for DUI just few days before lodge 887 and convicted at court. However, I got clean AFP before attending court but now I am fearing if CO request AFP again , my conviction will be shown on AFP. 

I am afraid that they most probably ask for a new AFP...almost everyone has downloaded a new most recent AFP to be on a safe side

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DarDec said:

Don’t worry Guys . If the conviction is for 12 months imprisonment then they can reject your application on the grounds of character requirements. Relax won’t be a issue at all .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SinghKhalsa said:

Co allocated today, I applied for 887 on 13 Nov 2017 . Requested updated AFPfor me and my wife.

Who is ur co? 

3 minutes ago, Kate said:

I am afraid that they most probably ask for a new AFP...almost everyone has downloaded a new most recent AFP to be on a safe side

Kate AFP is valid for 12 months  don’t worry . It can be a issue when uploading the afp document that’s why they asked again or some other problem . But it’s valid for 12 months . Relax ?

3 minutes ago, Gur 87 said:

Don’t worry Guys . If the conviction is for 12 months imprisonment then they can reject your application on the grounds of character requirements. Relax won’t be a issue at all .

Thanks Gur 87. Now I can breath easily but from where did you find above statement. I am having sleepless night because of this issue :(:(

2 minutes ago, DarDec said:

If you do not mind , can you please share that story 

He was booked for assaulting police member but in court he pleaded guilty and didn’t get jail time . I think your drink driving is very minor thing in front of this . Right ??

1 minute ago, Gur 87 said:

He was booked for assaulting police member but in court he pleaded guilty and didn’t get jail time . I think your drink driving is very minor thing in front of this . Right ??

Yes. It is. What a relief . Has he been granted 887 visa.

Thanks mate. 

1 minute ago, Gur 87 said:

And it happened before he got his visa .

2 hours ago, SinghKhalsa said:

Has CO given specific description to re-apply AFP ?

3 hours ago, DKAGG said:

Who is maintaining this excel. My name was not there but I added it now.

Hi DKAGG,

Members of this forum fill the spreadsheet and invite new members always to put their names in, too, this is how it thrives. :) I think, one of the older members created this clever spreadsheet and she put all the formulae in.  Sometimes people mess up the spreadsheet a bit, but we learnt to fix it up! :P Hahaha!

So thank you for contributing to it. :):) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Russki said:

OMG, Kate, just realised you are next!!! :D:D:D Bring it on! Direct grant - hopefully -  is on the horizon! :D

Hi Russki,

Just was thinking about you. Why they are making you to wait!! ? Life is just stuck this way. Not fair... ?