887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

17 minutes ago, Russki said:

Thanks for that marlowe! ? You know what makes me laugh? the UK is a tiny island compared to Australia and it has a population of 67 million people. And we are freaking out because of 25 million? Really? ? ? Australia is at least 30 times bigger than the UK... 

image.png.24ad748c67e21c2e61f47d3a41324393.png

Yes there should not be any issue with this much population but Australia has only 10% of its area as Habitable.

Reports say approximately 768,685 km2 of land is actually habitable in Australia. This means Australia's habitable land takes up approximately 10% of the actual land mass, with 90% being 'termed' uninhabitable. In comparison The Unites States is made up of 40% habitable land, South Korea 30% and The United Kingdom 70%

• Thanks 1

Guys good news and bad news,
The department has definitely escalated my case , as i have received another request to provide the passport scans for my kids.
the bad news is that the passports have recently expired and we were planning to get them applied soon .... so 
shall I just send a clearer copy or wait for new ones... mind you the request only says clear scanned copies for the passport for kids.
Hi HSK
Good at least they said something about the file. Too bad you have to wait more days. If they are expired then you should be sending them the new ones, as per my knowledge immigration website says when you apply for a visa the passport should be with a 6-12 validity.

Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

Yes there should not be any issue with this much population but Australia has only 10% of its area as Habitable.

Reports say approximately 768,685 km2 of land is actually habitable in Australia. This means Australia's habitable land takes up approximately 10% of the actual land mass, with 90% being 'termed' uninhabitable. In comparison The Unites States is made up of 40% habitable land, South Korea 30% and The United Kingdom 70%

That's true... ? ? ? 

40 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

The department has definitely escalated my case , as i have received another request to provide the passport scans for my kids.

the bad news is that the passports have recently expired and we were planning to get them applied soon .... so 

shall I just send a clearer copy or wait for new ones... mind you the request only says clear scanned copies for the passport for kids.

Absolutely wait for new ones. ? The old ones are now void. 

It is a shame you have to wait a bit longer, lesson for all of us to be careful with passports expiry. I had to re-do mine and my kid's passports after I had already applied for visa.

Can you fast-track passport applications?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

Hi bro, good news. Can you please provide your timeline in detail please. 

42 minutes ago, a4anudeep said:

Hi HSK
Good at least they said something about the file. Too bad you have to wait more days. If they are expired then you should be sending them the new ones, as per my knowledge immigration website says when you apply for a visa the passport should be with a 6-12 validity.

Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

they expired last month only .... only 20 days back....

26 minutes ago, Russki said:

Absolutely wait for new ones. ? The old ones are now void. 

It is a shame you have to wait a bit longer, lesson for all of us to be careful with passports expiry. I had to re-do mine and my kid's passports after I had already applied for visa.

Can you fast-track passport applications?

will try doing it tomorrow. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

they expired last month only .... only 20 days back....

I understand, it is a bummer... ? But they cannot give you grants for your kids as they have to attach them to a valid travelling document, aka a passport. ? Don't worry, just quickly renew! ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1