887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 7/30/2018 at 11:38 AM, peace_at_heart said:

It depends on person to person, and regional area to regional area as well. In my case, I am in regional area in South-East Queensland, near to Brisbane. I simply love here. We have got Uni here, awesome private schools, plenty of hospitals, plenty of Nursing jobs (my profession), and husband has stable IT job as well. I have been to Brisbane & Sydney, I find those places very crowded.

I am not planning to move anywhere even when my PR is granted.

are you in Toowoomba, as it sounds like it.... because I am here as well and I love it.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. 

I got contacted by CO Adam on 19/7/18 nd asked for wife's updated AFP with maiden name. Yesterday i uploaded required document nd pressed (i confirm i have provided required information) now my status is on further assessment from intial assessment. Account also showing last updated status on 30/07/18. Hope i get my grant letter soon. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Khan90 said:

Hello everyone. 

I got contacted by CO Adam on 19/7/18 nd asked for wife's updated AFP with maiden name. Yesterday i uploaded required document nd pressed (i confirm i have provided required information) now my status is on further assessment from intial assessment. Account also showing last updated status on 30/07/18. Hope i get my grant letter soon. 

good congratulations. you will get it soooon.

48 minutes ago, Khan90 said:

Hello everyone. 

Hopefully mate, wish u all the best 

4 hours ago, Honey said:

if you have 489 visas then you can travel, write a letter for case office and attached with other documents. so in case if you open the file, he knows that you will be back on #Date and attached your tickets. Because you should be in the country at the time of decision. When you applied for visa?

Honey

Thanks for your reply

I am about to apply my 887 very soon 

May I know after I apply I get bridging visa 

My doubt here is do i need to get different (Bridging)visa in order for me to travel and back to oz??

12 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Honey

Thanks for your reply

I am about to apply my 887 very soon 

May I know after I apply I get bridging visa 

My doubt here is do i need to get different (Bridging)visa in order for me to travel and back to oz??

Hi wincivil! ? 

When you apply for 887, you will be automatically granted BVA (bridging Visa A), which will not come into effect until your 489 runs out. You still can easily travel overseas after applying and come and go freely while 489 is valid. 

As soon as 489 runs out, BVA comes into effect. It does not allow you to travel overseas. You have to apply for BVB (Bridging Visa B) in order to travel, but when applying for it, you need to show compelling circumstances to immigration, like, visiting a relative who is sick or something. ?  Not sure, whether just going for holidays will be classed as good enough for granting BVB. Anyone knows? ? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi wincivil! ? 

When you apply for 887, you will be automatically granted BVA (bridging Visa A), which will not come into effect until your 489 runs out. You still can easily travel overseas after applying and come and go freely while 489 is valid. 

As soon as 489 runs out, BVA comes into effect. It does not allow you to travel overseas. You have to apply for BVB (Bridging Visa B) in order to travel, but when applying for it, you need to show compelling circumstances to immigration, like, visiting a relative who is sick or something. ?  Not sure, whether just going for holidays will be classed and good enough for granting BVB. Anyone knows? ? 

if you have valid 489 visa, you can travel without applying another visa. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 10thfeb said:

Congratulation biz..

Has someone noticed its just dat working on our files..just 1 CO..

May be bcoz of new uni semster coming up..just guessing..

Yes, case officer Nancy is  disappear 

eagerly waiting for her reply 

40 days now last time she contacted me,