887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 hours ago, Rup said:

Hi mates got my grant just now.

Date applied : 01-dec-2017

1st contact : 23 MaY june - asked for wife AFP and Indian pCC - submited in 20 days

grant - today.

CO: Adam

I wish all you guys will receive grants this month

Congrats mate

On 6/8/2018 at 2:38 PM, Russki said:

Thanks Russki. I'm not sure if they will issue me an employment reference letter when i need it , if i resign , even if i provide minimum notice + 2 more weeks they will still struggle with the project both financially and deadline wise, so the owner might get upset even though it's not completely my fault that they didn't have a back up plan fpr me due to extreme cost cutting. I asked fairwork they said there is no requirement by the employee to provide a contract , reference or confirmation of employment letters.If that happens i wouldn't have anything in writing with my position and duties written on them. 

So what i did today was , since im still working here and don't have many issues with them yet,  I sent the reception/customer service/ admin person an email asking fr a confirmation of employment email to update the state government about my employment and mentioned the details  i need on the letter i stated my own duties ( This is the same person who sent me the initial job offer email- even the job offer didn't mention position / duties at that time her position was mentioned on email as customer service ) i hoped that she will get one of the managers to issue the coe letter , so today she issued me a coe letter she just copied and pasted the information i requested in email , position title , salary , full time and 3 main duties mentioned with todays date on the letter ,  addressed to the state government.The letter i got from her mentions her position as hr manager.

I will still try to get a reference/ employment letter when i resign. If in worst case scenario. If i fail to obtain another letter with the resigned date. Will it be sufficient to provide full time (40hr pw , paid weekly) payslips , group certificate , tax notice of assessment , bank statement with salary highlighted , employer super Annunciation deposit statements , and this letter with a statutory declaration saying that i worked with them until xxx date T

Hi,

Finally i quit this job without minimum notice but i advised them to deduct my annual leave in lieu of notice period  , however as i expected the owner was not happy about me quitting in mid of a project , i requested another employment letter with the resignation date and updated information (my pay was increased and payslips after 1st of July contains different hourly rate and annual salary from the employment letter i obtained before July 1st) but they have been ignoring my requests , also i can't get any statutory declarations from anyone else as they do not want trouble from the owner, i don't have a contract with them. 

I have my payslips which says my employment status is casual in payslips issued  during probation period of 3 months (hours worked 40 hrs)  , and full time after the initial 3 months , group certificate , supper annuation statement , tax notice of assesment , bank statements showing salary deposits , the confirmation of employment letter i obtained on 8th June  which shows my old annual salary 

Will it be a problem for me if i cannot get another letter from them at all , i contacted fairwork and they adviced me that the employer is not legally required to issue such letters so i'm worried what happens if even after submitting all the docs i have with me if co request a reference letter and the employer don't want to issue one 

21 minutes ago, dar8 said:

Hi,

Finally i quit this job without minimum notice but i advised them to deduct my annual leave in lieu of notice period  , however as i expected the owner was not happy about me quitting in mid of a project , i requested another employment letter with the resignation date and updated information (my pay was increased and payslips after 1st of July contains different hourly rate and annual salary from the employment letter i obtained before July 1st) but they have been ignoring my requests , also i can't get any statutory declarations from anyone else as they do not want trouble from the owner, i don't have a contract with them. 

I have my payslips which says my employment status is casual in payslips issued  during probation period of 3 months (hours worked 40 hrs)  , and full time after the initial 3 months , group certificate , supper annuation statement , tax notice of assesment , bank statements showing salary deposits , the confirmation of employment letter i obtained on 8th June  which shows my old annual salary 

Will it be a problem for me if i cannot get another letter from them at all , i contacted fairwork and they adviced me that the employer is not legally required to issue such letters so i'm worried what happens if even after submitting all the docs i have with me if co request a reference letter and the employer don't want to issue one 

Hm... They sound like a right bunch! ? ? Your employer and the colleagues.

I think, you have plenty of evidence already and it's true that the employer legally cannot be made to issue such letter - but he just decided to be an a*se. ? 

Don't worry though - sign a statutory declaration yourself in front of JP, stating that your employer refused to sign the reference letter. And that should do it! ?  Say in your declaration that you asked him on such and such day and he refused to give you a letter. If your have a written evidence - even better. 

• Like 1

Guys, are the grants granted as per time line they mention while applying? When i applied it read 8 to 10 months, does it mean that they will grant by the end of the 10th month for sure? 

I applied on 11th April 2018. I know i have LONG way to go, just curious coz i have to get my husband here during that time, so wondering!

Edited by Roja
  • Like 1

PS: Dar8, I contacted immigration recently and asked them what to do if you cannot provide some evidence, where it does not depend on you (like in your case). The officer told me that statutory declaration is the way to go. ? In your case, submit all documents you listed for employment proof, plus, your stat dec. This way a case officer will not get back to you asking for employment letter, wasting your time. ? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Roja said:

Guys, are the grants granted as per time line they mention while applying? When i applied it read 8 to 10 months, does it mean that they will grant by the end of the 10th month for sure? 

I applied on 11th April 2018. I know i have LONG way to go, just curious coz i have to get my husband here during that time, so wondering!

Hi Roja, according to our recent statistics, the applicants' files get picked up for the first time 5-7 months after applying, you may get a direct grant, so your wait will be over. ? 

But "8-10 months" figures on immigration website mean: by 8 months 70% of applications are finalised. By 10 months - 90% of all applications are finalised. That poor 10% are people who withdrew their applications, cancelled them or whose applications take longer that 10 months to finalise. ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deftown said:

I still remember in 2012 or 2013, they have increased the visa cost at very high rate. The reason said by DIBP is , The price increase will speed up the processing time to 3 months. They haven't keep up their words.

I think all of us wont mind paying more if this was done in half the time.  ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2