887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, RANJU said:

Can I shift from designated-areas to city after I lodge the application ie during bridging visa.

Bridging visa carries all limitations stated on your substantial visa (489). 

You can live and work in any unrestricted ares as per your 489 visa.

Technically no one would even know if you move to an area that you are not supposed to be in  - The risk that you are taking is : In any case where COs are unhappy about the evidence provided for 2 years residence and on an unlikely event of being visa being rejected. You cant use the time you spent in Non designated-area when reapplying 887. Furthermore, being where you should not be in might cause troubles when becoming a citizen. 

Its highly advised not to go against the limitations mentioned in your Visa.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, toot said:

Bridging visa carries all limitations stated on your substantial visa (489). 

You can live and work in any unrestricted ares as per your 489 visa.

Technically no one would even know if you move to an area that you are not supposed to be in  - The risk that you are taking is : In any case where COs are unhappy about the evidence provided for 2 years residence and on an unlikely event of being visa being rejected. You cant use the time you spent in Non designated-area when reapplying 887. Furthermore, being where you should not be in might cause troubles when becoming a citizen. 

Its highly advised not to go against the limitations mentioned in your Visa.

Perfect.I saw the visa copy in detail only after I wrote.

20 hours ago, Russki said:

Oops, I have to admit, I am completely not an expert in this topic... ? ?  I only know that we can have Medicare for sure, as for the rest of the benefits, I don't know... I haven't researched it either ? But some members here on the forum are very clued-up about about this - hey guys, come out and help? ? 

We only get medicare. Nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sony said:

Hi, I received my 887  visa on 25th feb 2018.What’s the update?Waiting of CO to contact me.looks like a long wait.

I assume you want to say that you applied for visa on 25th Feb and what current status. Please check following sheet :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#gid=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wincivil said:

Is there anyone here after applied 887 went out of country and came back in few days??

How do we inform immigration department and in bridging visa whether we can go out and back or we need to apply different bridging visa??

if you have 489 visas then you can travel, write a letter for case office and attached with other documents. so in case if you open the file, he knows that you will be back on #Date and attached your tickets. Because you should be in the country at the time of decision. When you applied for visa?

• Thanks 1