Guest cunnah10

travel insurance one way....anybody recommend?

Guest cunnah10

Hi GUYS

Just about to book our "one way" travel insurance any advice or info?

Guest the4hopes

Just got booklet from post office, it will be £26 or £32 for 4 of us, covered for 3 days.

Laura x

Guest shanaghy2oz
    Hi GUYS

Just about to book our "one way" travel insurance any advice or info?

Hi Cunnah10

We have just got ours from moneysupermarket.com £132 for 5 of us for 35 days ours is one way also just got the extra days to cover until we get a rental of our own.

Tom

Guest Aussie pat
    Just got booklet from post office, it will be £26 or £32 for 4 of us, covered for 3 days.

Laura x

Hi Laura,

I've looked at the insurance offered by the post office and can't find any cover for one way travel. They only seem to offer single and multi trip insurance. A single trip is for 1 return journey. Multiple cover is for those who travel more often. Are you sure the cover you are looking at is for a one way journey? We looked into this recently and found out that ordinary travel policies from the UK will repatriate you back to the UK and not Australia. You need a special policy for migrants. You may have already checked this but thought I'd check anyway.

Guest the4hopes

Hi Aussie pat

I will check this, the lady that gave me the booklet knew what we were doing, but she may not know the proper details. I will find out tomorrow, thanks for letting me know this. Definitely don't want to be brought back here!!!!!

Laura x

Guest cornish Busdriver

Im using my free travel insurance that i get with my Llyods Gold account.

Check what freebies you get with your bank accounts.

Im using my free travel insurance that i get with my Llyods Gold account.

Check what freebies you get with your bank accounts.

Is this not restricted for trips of less than 30 days or something like that?

or are you thinking of getting another policy once you are out there?

Carole

Hi I think that you have to look at the small print carefully - the problem is with some insurance thats not specifically one way travel insurance is that if you were to become seriously ill enroute they would repatratiate you back to the UK when you're heading to Oz. The majority of you will be covered by medicare when you arrive - even those who have limited cover as British citizens will be covered by the reciprocal agreement. I suppose the other issue is your belongings and insuring those against loss or theft. I remember doing a search on one way travel insurance on the internet and finding a company that way (it was one that I had never heard of). It was reasonably priced, I remember, but we never had to claim!

Lindsey

Guest cornish Busdriver

We can use our travel insurance because missus will be returing on the 29th november.

Guest Nick11

Walkabout were the only ones that would insure us one way. The insurance lasted 21 days once in oz.

All the others specified a return trip.

we used Go Walkabout who specialize in one-way travel insurance so your not sent back lol. It cost about £90 and then i added laptop cover for another £20 which insured my laptop in case it got damaged or nicked while we were in holiday let, definetly worth considering. It lasted for 3 weeks x

Guest Devon

I used Down Under Insurance (offices in the UK and Australia) it cost me GBP 17.00 for one way insurance lasting 5 days