After November success, another meet-up?

Guest kenmcfadyen

Where would you prefer  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer

• Henley Beach
    • Semaphore Beach

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenmcfadyen
We would really like to be there too!

What happens at these meet ups? Will it be obvious who you all are?

Hello IAmJacks. The last time we met we initially chatted in small or larger groups, then some folks went to the local bar (I think it was a bar), and sat outside chatting while others went for a walk along the beach, or stayed chatting where we were. Someone brought a PIA sign and we all congregated around it. In addition SWAMPO brought an Australian flag. It would be useful to have those again please, but sorry I don't know who brought the sign. We were pretty obvious as we were the only large anxious looking group there!

So far it looks like Henley Beach is the favourite meet-up destination and I think the polling will need to draw to a close soon so we know what we are doing. I recommend that the last polling day is Friday 19th Dec, and after that the decision is final!!!!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you there, and some of you again!

If anyone thinks of anything they might like to do on the day let me know so we can make arrangements; e.g. beach cricket.

Thanks,

Ken

We would really like to be there too!

What happens at these meet ups? Will it be obvious who you all are?

Yes, Poms in shorts, sandals and socks pulled up are hard to miss LOL.

Folks chat, eat, drink, ecahnge contact details etc... Did not get chance to get round everyone last time. So many folks, so little time.

Guest kenmcfadyen
Beach cricket or rounders would make everyone join in. Have you got the necessary equipment for that Ken?

No, I don't have a cricket bat, but have a pack of 20 tennis balls I could bring. Was hoping that someone else would have a cricket bat.

BTW, the cricket/rounders is only for folks that want to. Don't feel obliged to join in if you are not sporty, just come along anyway. I'm sure there will be plenty of people just spectating, or having their own conversations and not bothering about games, the idea is for people to come along and do what they want to (legal restriction apply!!!!) and meet new friends.

I can print-off another large PIA Sign....

Si

Hello IAmJacks. The last time we met we initially chatted in small or larger groups, then some folks went to the local bar (I think it was a bar), and sat outside chatting while others went for a walk along the beach, or stayed chatting where we were. Someone brought a PIA sign and we all congregated around it. In addition SWAMPO brought an Australian flag. It would be useful to have those again please, but sorry I don't know who brought the sign. We were pretty obvious as we were the only large anxious looking group there!

So far it looks like Henley Beach is the favourite meet-up destination and I think the polling will need to draw to a close soon so we know what we are doing. I recommend that the last polling day is Friday 19th Dec, and after that the decision is final!!!!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you there, and some of you again!

If anyone thinks of anything they might like to do on the day let me know so we can make arrangements; e.g. beach cricket.

Thanks,

Ken

Guest kenmcfadyen

Polling has now drawn to a close and by a majority vote **Henley Beach** has been nominated as the peoples choice to be the location for this 3rd January's PIA meet-up!!!!

I am unsure about timing because of the weather, but a decision needs to be made. If it is hot then a little later in the day might suit because some folks won't want to be out in the blazing sunshine, then if it's cool earlier will suit. Oh, decisions! I think we should make it 1.30pm by the jetty and take our chances. If it's a hot day be sure to slip, slap, slop; and you know what they say about mad dogs and Englishmen!

Thanks Si for offering to print off another sign, it will be a great marker for those who will be unsure whether we are the PIA group. And thanks Bugermeister for offering to bring a cricket bat - hopefully no sporting injuries will occur, but I know there will be a few nurses there and at least one medical doctor!!!

I have it on good information that there is NOT a BBQ at Henley Beach, so I guess those who want will have to bring a portable one. Otherwise a picnic is a great idea or there are plenty of restaurants and takeaway places around.

So, hope to see you all there for an enjoyable day. I might do some labels for us to write our names on as it makes it easier to mingle without being embarrassed about forgetting the names of others. Any other ideas to make the day enjoyable are most welcome.

Ken

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Ken,

Thanks for arranging this meeting and please book our slot on the beach. No good at rounders or cricket but what the hell we will give it go.

Name badges are a great idea as like you say you meet so many people, go away and forget their names!!

Looking forward to 3rd Jan 2009. Happy Christmas and New year celebrations to all of PIA.

:emoticon-signxmas:

Martin and Val

Yes, will be ther, although like Martin & Val, pretty poor at cricket and rounders but will have a go. Good idea to have name tags, so many names, only a short memory!!!

Martin, no creeping of for lemonades without letting us know, an hour and a half for coffee was a little excessive LOL.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and Happy New Year. See you all on the 3rd

Guest Aussie pat

We will try and make it as well. Looking forward to being able to put faces to some of the names on PIA at last.

Am having a freebie pedicure that morning compliments of Jarvis Toyota (we bought a car from them). Hope the sand doesn't mess up my new nail polish! You'll have no trouble knowing who I am as I'll have the best toes on the beach.

Hedy

Guest Aussie pat

Just pushing this up the list now Xmas is over. If anyone is feeling a bit cut off why not come and meet some new people? Great for kids to get an airing as well. My family won't know anyone else either.

Thanks to Ken for trying to organise this.

Henley Jetty 1.30 3 Jan

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Martin & Val / Swampo, OH was working yesturday so only got to Henley for about 45 Mins. Sorry I didnt get chance to speak to you and other Poms. Hope we have another meet up soon.

Its can sometimes be daunting:embarrassed: meeting all new people, but its worth the effort as I always am pleased I made the effort to go and to make new friends. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Scott UK (Steve)